ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 08-27-2014   #1
Schrade

Default Jack... in spare?

Where was the jack placed, as shipped from BG?

I dropped the spare, to see what might be done there, like Dom said, WRT to drone in the exhaust.

I found a jack-in-a-bag. Looks virgin, and I'm wondering here; is that the place it got sent from GM? I swear my '87 had a foam mold in the compartment behind the P side seat...

I been watching eBay for a new one; glad I didn't buy...
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014   #2
GOLDCYLON

Default Re: Jack... in spare?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrade View Post
Where was the jack placed, as shipped from BG?

I dropped the spare, to see what might be done there, like Dom said, WRT to drone in the exhaust.

I found a jack-in-a-bag. Looks virgin, and I'm wondering here; is that the place it got sent from GM? I swear my '87 had a foam mold in the compartment behind the P side seat...

I been watching eBay for a new one; glad I didn't buy...

I believe so bagged with the Spare tire. The jack handle to lower the spare and jack is behind the drivers seat. later wasnt it moved to a styrofoam holder in the rear storage caprtment?
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014   #3
Harvie

In 91 the delivery driver from Baltimore was given the kits and the dealers put them where they wanted during new car prep. Mine were handed to me by the service manager.
[-X show poodles & trailer queens :-({|=
Fast and fun not pretty in pink.
Harvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014   #4
Schrade

I wasn't in that 'class' there Harvie, at the time...

Jack handle is behind the driver's seat here Daryll - found that when I converted the interior. But I sure thought EARLIER C4 had the styrofoam mold in the cargo storage area.

But now if 'dealer prep' included handing the jack / package to the buyer, wonder here what that tells about original sale???

Can the mold be bought?

Anyone here got their Z, bought new? What do you have there?
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014   #5
We Gone

Did not get my 91 new but only had 9K miles on it and the jack & bag were with the spare.

I believe you are correct the earlier C4's did have the jack in the rear storage compartment. ABS brakes were added to the drive side rear and they moved the jack.

1990 Steel Blue/Black #2355
1990 Red/Red #1473
1991 Quasar /Black #118 Sold
1991 Turquoise/Black #766 Parted Out
1993 Yellow/White #179 Sold
1990 Black/Gray #1361 Headers/4:10s Sold
We Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014   #6
Harvie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrade View Post
I wasn't in that 'class' there Harvie, at the time...

Jack handle is behind the driver's seat here Daryll - found that when I converted the interior. But I sure thought EARLIER C4 had the styrofoam mold in the cargo storage area.

But now if 'dealer prep' included handing the jack / package to the buyer, wonder here what that tells about original sale???

Can the mold be bought?

Anyone here got their Z, bought new? What do you have there?
I bought new and got all the doc packages black leather case vcr tapes service manuals (all 3 parts) GM parts manual complete and spare tire tools given to me by the service manager. Still have them all.

The country was in a recession. All GM dealers were not used to dealing with a buyer that spent big $$ so they had various managers deal with us.

They gave us just about anything we wanted or needed pertaining to the cars to make that 80K sale. Most would even deliver in an enclosed truck right to your garage (for those who were using them as their retirement account).

One dealer guaranteed the cars would appreciate and signed papers letting the owner trade it for any car they could order form Chevy, 25 years later, even up.... he went brankrupt....The other large dealer around here were matching Lowes offer, Lustine also is gone now...

Later into 92 early 93 they were discounting them big time to move them. A big reason was that the dealers could not trade the cars inbetween dealerships or they would not get any future LT5s.
[-X show poodles & trailer queens :-({|=
Fast and fun not pretty in pink.
Harvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014   #7
spork2367

Out of my 1990. Looks factory.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1073.jpg (158.2 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1074.jpg (142.9 KB, 8 views)
spork2367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014   #8
WARP TEN

On my '93 (bought from the original owner in 1994) the jack was in the spare tire like the picture above. On the '95, it is in the small storage compartment behind the passenger seat, underneath a plastic storage tray. --Bob
2016 Long Beach Red Z06 #10281 "POPS Z"
1995 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN"--Haibeck 350/510 package, 4.10s, Hurst, Stock Exhaust with QTP Cutouts
--Sold but still running strong
1993 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING"
--Sold but still running strong, now with more than 120,000 miles
1967 Marlboro Maroon/Saddle Corvette Coupe 300 hp/4-spd
--Sold a long time ago
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
NCM Lifetime Member
Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
"Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"

Last edited by WARP TEN; 08-29-2014 at 10:30 AM.
WARP TEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014   #9
geezer

Chuck: I can confirm the Spork2367 as posted. I'm the original owner of a MY 90.
geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014   #10
secondchance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvie View Post
I bought new and got all the doc packages black leather case vcr tapes service manuals (all 3 parts) GM parts manual complete and spare tire tools given to me by the service manager. Still have them all.

The country was in a recession. All GM dealers were not used to dealing with a buyer that spent big $$ so they had various managers deal with us.

They gave us just about anything we wanted or needed pertaining to the cars to make that 80K sale. Most would even deliver in an enclosed truck right to your garage (for those who were using them as their retirement account).

One dealer guaranteed the cars would appreciate and signed papers letting the owner trade it for any car they could order form Chevy, 25 years later, even up.... he went brankrupt....The other large dealer around here were matching Lowes offer, Lustine also is gone now...

Later into 92 early 93 they were discounting them big time to move them. A big reason was that the dealers could not trade the cars inbetween dealerships or they would not get any future LT5s.
Harvie,

Dealers were giving healthy discount as early as October 1991. I bought my first Z from Sport Chevrolet in Silver Spring in late October 1991. LT1 Vettes were rolling in and they had a red/black Z dieing to get rid of. I got $18,000 discount and took the delivery the same day. Tire jack was on top of the spare in a plastic bag held on to the spare with the spring as is pictured below. Tire back was also in the same location.
I got the pizza box with a leather attache folder (brief case?) with my VIN and name engraved on it. Also, got a letter signed by Chevrolet brass. This package was delivered by USPS or FedEX (can't remember) about 2-3 weeks after the purchase and was totally unexpected. I had kept the original purchase contract but lost it somewhere over the years.
secondchance is offline   Reply With Quote