ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 03-16-2024   #1
rosseich

Question Oil Gauge Issue

I have a '95 ZR1 with about 10,000 miles which I recently purchased. The oil gauge is normally runs just below 80 PSI on the gauge at about 2500 RPMs, but at times the gauge drops and reads about 40 PSI (middle mark). If I turn the engine off for a couple of minutes then the gauge again reads almost 80 PSI (upper mark). Two questions. Is there a way to install a mechanical oil gauge on the LT5? Could the gauge be failing or is the oil regulator valve bad?
​​​​​​​Thanks.
rosseich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2024   #2
secondchance

Default Re: Oil Gauge Issue

I?m pretty sure a mechanical gauge can be hooked up to oil pressure sensor mounting threaded hole. Most likely cause of pressure reading fluctuation is the sensor failure. Pressure sensor is a relatively inexpensive and easy to replace. I would get a new sensor from jerrysgasket.com and see if it fixes the issue.
secondchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024   #3
Tim555

Default Re: Oil Gauge Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosseich View Post
I have a '95 ZR1 with about 10,000 miles which I recently purchased. The oil gauge is normally runs just below 80 PSI on the gauge at about 2500 RPMs, but at times the gauge drops and reads about 40 PSI (middle mark). If I turn the engine off for a couple of minutes then the gauge again reads almost 80 PSI (upper mark). Two questions. Is there a way to install a mechanical oil gauge on the LT5? Could the gauge be failing or is the oil regulator valve bad?
​​​​​​​Thanks.
Mine seems to do the same. It stays close to 80, and only moves a little. Please let me know if you try a new sensor, and if that fixes the problem.
Tim555 is offline   Reply With Quote