ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Corvette > Corvette Audio/Electronics

Old 06-07-2009   #21
flyin ryan

Default Re: mailed radio for repair today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICHARD TILL View Post
Yep, I was racing boats. I really wanted to go to the gathering but was in Poplar Bluff, Mo.. Got a 4th place out of a class of 14. I broke out with a 9.883 and other guy ran a near perfect 10.02 I`ll be up in your neck of the woods at Creve Couer in two weeks. Ever seen a blown alcohol boat run 175 mph? Come on over. I`ll put you to work.
Keep running that kind of MPH on the water & i'm afraid sooner or later you'll end up on your head . Damn wet pavement is ssooo unpredictable. Be safe

BTW...got the Stereo & CDM box in last night. Doctor Don left one of gold studs off the side of the CDM box, don't know if he did that on purpose to make it easier going in or just lost/misplaced it? Seems more than stable enough anyways so no biggie either way.

Last edited by flyin ryan; 06-07-2009 at 02:20 PM.
flyin ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010   #22
LoveMyZ

We have to send in our speakers and amps in the 92Z for rebuild. Is there anyway to remove the rear speakers without cutting the carpet?
LoveMyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010   #23
gbrtng

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMyZ View Post
We have to send in our speakers and amps in the 92Z for rebuild. Is there anyway to remove the rear speakers without cutting the carpet?
It's been a while - but I think if you remove the horizontal plastic trim along
the side of hatch you get room to get around the carpeting without cutting it.
For some reason the standard C4 is much easier - has to do with the extra
rear end width, I guess.
Old 11-24-2013   #24
csavaglio

Just out of curiosity, how much did FCSR charge to fix just the CD player? On mine, it won't even accept CDs... just makes a clicking noise. I spoke to Dr. Don and he wanted a huge sum to replace the CD module with a modern one that plays burned CDs (that's all I have...haven't bought a real CD in probably 5-10 years). I understand he goes through the whole radio, replaces the face, etc, but mine doesn't really need any of that. Everything works perfectly except the CD player.

Did FCSR put the newer style CD module in?

I've done lots of electronics work....I wonder if replacing the module is possible without having to send off the unit.

Chris
csavaglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013   #25
RICHARD TILL

When i had my repair work done they wanted more money to replace the cd with one that would play burned cd`s. Thats all i had and it was already playing them so i didn`t spend the money. I didn`t realize until rereading this post that it had been so long since the repair and its still working. I`ve got cd`s that i burned 7-8 years ago that still play just fine. I think the secret might be not to store them in the sun but thats just me. Send that radio to the repair man and tell him just to fix it. You`ll save yourself lots of worries and what ifs. Not only will it be fixed, it`ll also have a warranty. Thats worth something in itself. My belief is that its a lot easier to complain about the price than it is the quality.
RICHARD TILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013   #26
Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMyZ View Post
yes but it's a pain in the ***.
Old 11-25-2013   #27
csavaglio

I agree about price/quality. On the other hand, Dr. Don's quoted me about $400, but his service includes a lot of stuff my radio doesn't need. If someone else is able to fix only what is broken and at the same quality for half the price, there's no reason to spend double.

As far as the cd player playing burned CDs....some older players seem to work with them, most don't. I wouldn't want to go through the trouble and expense of fixing the radio if, for a little bit more money, it's not going to play the only CDs I have. I know my luck, so if it's not meant to play burned CDs, I'm not going to be one of the ones who luck out......

Chris
csavaglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013   #28
FU

It's very easy to remove the rear carpet that covers the speakers.

NCM Lifetime member # 982
Registry Founding # 237
FU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013   #29
RICHARD TILL

Since i had my repair work done i found this place; East Side Automotive, Booneville, Mississippi. 662-728-9914 . You could call them, discuss your problem and decide from there. They sell take-off auto/truck parts and have a well equipped and organized audio repair shop with hundreds in stock. The repairman seems to be very informed. I have an 08 GMC truck radio that won`t make sound from the right front speaker. If it not the speaker itself, they`ll be the folks i`ll go to. I asked him about an exchange and he said that my radio was matched to the VIN of the truck and repair would be my best option. I`m thinking it had something to do with the XM part of the radio.
RICHARD TILL is offline   Reply With Quote