ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1s and ZR-1 Parts For Sale/Wanted

Old 06-01-2011   #1
mlotruglio

Default After market parts

I'm 20 years old and just bought my first Corvette--a 1991 ZR1, red with black interior. She has only 60K miles. Unfortunately, the previous owner installed some after-market items, and I'm an all-stock kind of guy. There is nothing wrong with any of the parts, but I just want to return my car to stock. Via this post, I'd like to know if anybody is interested in trading my after--market stuff for stock parts. I have a B&B cat back which has, I think, 3 inch pipes. It has not been chopped or molested in any way, and looks like it just came out of the box. Nonetheless, I would like a stock replacement. I'm sure you all know such an item new costs over $1300 plus shipping. Next is the K&N FIPK (the 3 finger design) with 3 cylindrical filters. This costs $350 new plus shipping and that's without filters! Again I would like the original air box. The last items are my wheels and tires. I have the 5 spoke chrome ZR1 wheels with center caps. I have the sensors in all but the right rear. It came loose of the band and is in a few pieces. It could be repaired, but I have no use for tpms so I disabled the system. I will sell the sensors separately if anybody wants them. The wheels have no bends, road rash or even scratches--I just want stock, the saw blade style (not chrome). The wheels have 275-40-17 tires in the front and 315-35-17 in the back. They are Sumitomo HTR-Z I will include the tires for the right deal. The tires only have about 4K miles on them and look great--no rope plugs or even patches. The date on the fronts is 4009 and that on the rears is 4209. If you don't know, that is the 40th week of 2009 and the 42nd week of 2009. If anybody has any questions or offers just let me know.

Matt
mlotruglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011   #2
xlr8nflorida

Default Re: After market parts

Welcome aboard,

Just so you know, shop around many times you can find the exhausts for a few hundred although you will also see them trying to be sold for over $1,000. The air box will cost you less then $100. Your intake is worth about $75-$100 - not a huge demand or improvement in performance but some people like how they look.

How much you want for the sensors, I might take them?

I think Tod Cerami has some rims on 1990-1995 ZR-1 parts for sale Facebook page.

I hope this helps you.
xlr8nflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011   #3
mlotruglio

Thansk hopefully I will be aboard for a while!! Ya every little bit helps. I have not really thought about a price for the sensors, Im haveing some trouble find them to compare, plus the condition of the 4rd sensor makes it even more "challenging" to come up with a fair price for both parties. What where you thinking?
Old 06-02-2011   #4
threestar40

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlotruglio View Post
Thansk hopefully I will be aboard for a while!! Ya every little bit helps. I have not really thought about a price for the sensors, Im haveing some trouble find them to compare, plus the condition of the 4rd sensor makes it even more "challenging" to come up with a fair price for both parties. What where you thinking?
I have a set of stock salad shooter wheels I will trade you...but I think these are 90 rims, my sawblades are chrome and in bad shape, You wouldn't want them. My salad shooters have vredesteins on them. don't think you're interested, but if you are let me know.

threestar40@mindspring.com

Welcome to the club.

Rick
threestar40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011   #5
mlotruglio

Sorry I found some wheels that I bought, today. As soon as my wheels and tires both come in Ill be listing my chrome 5 spokes and tires on here for sale if your interested. Thanks for you offers though.

Matt
Old 06-10-2011   #6
mlotruglio

Ok so I got my wheels, tires, and air box on my car. My exhaust is in the mail, and I have not sold any of the old stuff yet. Although I have an offer in for the K&N. $1500 for the wheels and tires, they are mounted, balanced (road forced) and have sensors in all but the right rear. That sensor came loose from the band and needs to be repaired I have it in a zip lock bag. I disabled my TPMS, so the sensors are useless to me; I work at a tire shop and hate the whole TPMS idea with a passion. I would like $800 for the exhaust; it has not been modified in anyway. All the Prices are best offer, but the longer they sit they are going to get harder to find in my garage of car parts and I would be less likely to move on the prices.

Matt
Old 06-23-2011   #7
ScottZ95ZR1

Hey Matt! I received the package a few days ago - thank you for shipping so quickly.

20 years old and driving a ZR-1. All I can say is WOW, welcome, and enjoy your new car.

Don't be a stranger - a bunch of guys here with lots of knowledge willing to help you if you need it.
ScottZ95ZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011   #8
MikeGolf

PM sent on exhaust
'93 #166 Black Rose
“Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.” Heraclitus
MikeGolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011   #9
WB9MCW

Hi Matt,

Welcome to the Zoo. Nice to have some younger members here. Good luck on getting all the parts sold.

Post some pics of your Z in the members rides section so we might see yours.
"The Budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome will become bankrupt. People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance." - Cicero, 55 BC
" We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln
WB9MCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011   #10
mlotruglio

Ok so the K&N system is gone, I still have the wheels and tires They still have the left side sensors and the exhaust. Any takers?

Wheels and tires- $700obo
Exhaust- $600obo

Tags
air box, chrome, exhaust, intake, wheel