ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Racing > Personal Racing Stories

Old 08-23-2009   #1
Ccmano

Default Modded Early 70's Nova Kill...

So there I was, on Rt50 in Southern WI., a very straight 4 lane, coming home from a Vette car show (took 3rd place in class btw) As I come through this small town I end up next to an exceptionally nicely turned out early 70's Nova. The car was loud with obvious cam and headers don't know what else. Typical lopey idle. A kid in his 20's driving with his GF. (hat on backwards) At the first light in town we were first and he stabs the throttle to zip away. It was 35mph through town and I didn't bite, but I knew he wanted to play. I stayed just ahead of him through town doing 35mph in second. As we hit the other side of town it turned to 55mph. I could hear him hit the throttle but I had to wait a split second as a car turned left off the highway in from of me. He shoots by me, as soon as I was clear of the car in front I hit my throttle and I reeled him in shooting to his rear quarter panel, I shifted to 3rd and pulled in front. As soon as I got past he shut down. The look on his face was priceless. I luv it when they think they'll dust off some old guy in a crappy C4.
This is just the greatest car!
H
90'ZR-1 #1461 Red/Black
Ported Intake, Degreed Cams, OBX Headers & Exhaust, Fidanza FW, Secondary Delete, Custom tune, C6 GS Wheels. Sold
08 C6 Z51 Crystal Red Metallic Sold Vararam Intake, Tune, Sold
05 C6 Z51 Red/Black Sold
90'ZR-1 #1723 Black/Gray Sold but not forgotten
91' Z51 L98 White Vert. My First, you always remember your first. Sold.
Ccmano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009   #2
tomtom72

Default Re: Modded Early 70's Nova Kill...

Yes indeed, these are very special cars.
1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
tomtom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009   #3
XfireZ51

Default Re: Modded Early 70's Nova Kill...

I am always amazed at how these cars simply walk away once you get to the top of second and thru 3rd gear. I don't realize what it means to have a car that traps at 118mph until you're up against some "supercar".

Last edited by XfireZ51; 08-26-2009 at 08:35 AM.
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote