ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 Members' Rides

Old 02-26-2021   #61
Prez1967

Default Re: Meet Bluey! 1994 #353

Makin some progress!

Seats out to head over to the upholsterer.

Got the front shocks broken loose. Planning on tackling front suspension first but also trying to see what the best way to remove the steering rack would be.

Going to continue taking apart the front end today or tomorrow and see where I end up
1994 #353 "Bluey"
Prez1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021   #62
G8nightman

Great time to install coil overs 🤷🏻*♂️

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry
90 Chevy ZR1 LPE #2315 'SOLD'
90 Chevy ZR1 LPE #2774 'SOLD'
91 Chevy ZR1 Callaway aerobody
91 Chevy ZR1 #1512
91 Chevy ZR1 #951
95 Chevy ZR1 #338 'SOLD'
91 BMW 850i
94 BMW 850csi
95 BMW 850csi
94 Lotus Esprit S4
07 Benz CLS550
06 BMW M5 "SOLD"
G8nightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021   #63
Prez1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8nightman View Post
Great time to install coil overs 🤷🏻*♂️

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry
I thought alot about it but figured I should see what a properly functioning FX3 system feels like before "upgrading"

Something tells me that coilovers are in the future haha
1994 #353 "Bluey"
Old 02-28-2021   #64
Prez1967

Wrote to Corvette Magazine about my purchase a couple months ago. They shared my story in the issue that arrived the other day even though they butchered my grammar lol

Also managed to get the rear shocks out of the car the other day and am prepping to lower the exhaust.

15 min here, 20 min there. We're getting there. Thinking of dropping the batwing so that I can replace the bushings since they came in when I ordered the SuperPro kit for the control arms.

Still scratching my head wondering what the best way to remove the steering rack will be.

1994 #353 "Bluey"
Old 02-28-2021   #65
efnfast

You'll be glad to know, that article brought the restaurant some business. I sent that picture to Dredgeguy, and now I have some crab cakes and filets on the way.
efnfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021   #66
Prez1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by efnfast View Post
You'll be glad to know, that article brought the restaurant some business. I sent that picture to Dredgeguy, and now I have some crab cakes and filets on the way.
Right on! Thanks man

Hoping to have another Corvettes and Crabcakes meet soon when the salt/brine clears off the road and I have more free time on Sundays.
1994 #353 "Bluey"
Old 03-02-2021   #67
Prez1967

Exhaust is down!

Removed the front sway bar also.

Realized how greasy the rear tow bar bracket was. Decided to order the Van Steel replacement. Glad I called them as they had one left in stock!

Also decided that Im not re-installing the spare tire/cover back there. Im looking for a factory spare tire delete if anyone has one handy but its nice that everything is so open back here this way.

Van Steel also had the 26mm front and rear sway bar bushings I needed. Thank God because Prothane wanted 5-8 weeks to produce them.

I also noticed some other worn bushings (rear spring bushings) that needed replacing and they've been ordered.

My next step will be to remove steering rack as TurnOne needs 3/4 weeks to rebuild. Hopefully have that shipped out to them by the end of the week. Looks like I may have extra space if I get rid of the radiator fan assembly.
1994 #353 "Bluey"
Old 03-07-2021   #68
Prez1967

Alot has taken place in the past couple days but not so much work on the car itself.

A big blow (to me) was the fact that Stainless Works decided in February that they will no longer offer "Off Road Only" systems. I was not planning on running cats whenever the time came for me to buy their long tube headers.

I scrambled around to buy a set of old stock headers but no luck. I even placed an order with Ecklers as they still showed up on their site but my order was cancelled the following day as the item was "discontinued".

I ended up talking with Marc Haibech and he ordered a catted set that will take 8-12 weeks to acquire. Marc offers the headers with all the parts needed for install, deburrs them and has them ceramic coated so, at least theres that. He also said that the aftermarket cats will only lose 4hp compared to being fully catless and i should see at least a 10 pound loss (per cat?) over the factory system.

I needed to clean up my work area as I prepare to remove the steering rack/pump from the car. The task is intimidating so I'd like to be as organized as possible for re-assembly. Worst case scenario, my Wazoo brothers have already offered to help

When I bought the car from Frank, he gave me an extra spare tire and cover. Now I have two taking up space in my shed. Anyone want one? Free to someone that needs it. If you arent local, just pay for shipping.

I ordered a full set of hood/hatch shocks as I remembered that the wind almost blew my hood closed at our first "Corvettes and Crabcakes" meet. The rear hatch shocks and main hood shock arrived. Im still waiting on the mini hood shocks. Poking around under the hood yesterday, I noticed mine were COMPLETELY GONE LOL... no wonder haha

I havent heard from my upholsterer this week about the recovering/modifying my seats. I was chatting with my wife last night expressing my excitement and came to the scary realization that if the modification to my seat bottom does not result in a safe/comfortable driving position, I will not likely be keeping my car long term. Im of course crossing my fingers that this will not be an issue but it seems to be reality....

Anyway, should have some time today or tomorrow to start taking apart the engine bay.
1994 #353 "Bluey"
Old 03-07-2021   #69
Erik

Even though I'm comparatively short (just a bit under 6'4), I hear you on the height issue. Did you try removing the straps under the seat cushion yet?

As weird as it sounds, I've found ever generation from the C4 onward to offer less room for tall guys then before. The C5 was horrible for me on headroom. Had to move the seat up a hole lot so that I wouldn't be hitting the bar overhead. Truly stupid design.

"All Corvettes are red. The rest are mistakes." - John Heinricy
Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021   #70
conesare2seconds

By 94 the small helper struts weren?t being used on the hood any longer. They will just bolt right up though. You may need to supply the hardware.
conesare2seconds is offline   Reply With Quote