ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 Members' Rides

Old 01-08-2022   #121
HAWAIIZR-1

Default Meet Bluey! 1994 #353

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prez1967 View Post
I've slowly come to the conclusion that being able to recline the seat will likely offer a smidge more headroom and retain comfort rather than trying to bolt in a fixed seat at a fixed angle to simulate the same...

The Tlllett seats seem to be the thinnest of the bunch and would likely offer more space but at more than twice the cost of the Corbeaus, Im waiting for monday to call Corbeau for details. The $$$ savings over the other brands will also allow me to get new carpet and insulation without feeling too bad

I think you are making a good consideration about the recline ability. You want to be comfortable too. I messaged Larry (Rocco16) at CF to see about the adapter just in case, by my feeling is to give up the power seat option if Corbeau manual bracket will bring you down lower. I do not have good photos of my power seat bracket for comparison, but maybe with your seat out you can get an idea if Corbeau does not factually know if and how much lower their manual bracket will give you. They make a nice product so you cannot go wrong with them. There are dealers to get you seats cheaper than what is shown on their site too.

I got my seat from TPS Motorsports in 2016. It appears they are still in business so that is a good sign.

Mike Mak
TPS Motorsports
TPSMotorsports.com
140 Martinvale Lane
San Jose, CA 95119
Phone: 408/898-4632

Best wishes with your quest! 🤙🏼

https://corbeau.com/chevrolet-corvet...seat-brackets/

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry
1995 #228 Black/Black with Dunn Heads
ZR-1 owner since September 2003
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #0074
NCM Lifetime Member #2048

Last edited by HAWAIIZR-1; 01-08-2022 at 02:25 PM.
HAWAIIZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022   #122
Prez1967

Default Re: Meet Bluey! 1994 #353

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWAIIZR-1 View Post
I think you are making a good consideration about the recline ability. You want to be comfortable too. I messaged Larry (Rocco16) at CF to see about the adapter just in case, by my feeling is to give up the power seat option if Corbeau manual bracket will bring you down lower. I do not have good photos of my power seat bracket for comparison, but maybe with your seat out you can get an idea if Corbeau does not factually know if and how much lower their manual bracket will give you. They make a nice product so you cannot go wrong with them. There are dealers to get you seats cheaper than what is shown on their site too.

I got my seat from TPS Motorsports in 2016. It appears they are still in business so that is a good sign.

Mike Mak
TPS Motorsports
TPSMotorsports.com
140 Martinvale Lane
San Jose, CA 95119
Phone: 408/898-4632

Best wishes with your quest! 🤙🏼

https://corbeau.com/chevrolet-corvet...seat-brackets/

I didnt realize there were dealers that could beat direct pricing!!! You ROCK brother! I'll start hunting now.

Saw Willcox is having a sale but it seems like they have sales every other week. Hopefully i dont pass on this 20% sale and have to wait a full year for another discount like this lol, will call them monday as well.
1994 #353 "Bluey"
Prez1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022   #123
HAWAIIZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prez1967 View Post
I didnt realize there were dealers that could beat direct pricing!!! You ROCK brother! I'll start hunting now.

Saw Willcox is having a sale but it seems like they have sales every other week. Hopefully i dont pass on this 20% sale and have to wait a full year for another discount like this lol, will call them monday as well.

You are very welcome if it helps. I wish I went ahead and just ordered a set, because ordering just the driver side is a custom order since they sell in pairs. I negotiated a special price with them so call if you decide and get a better price than shown. Aloha! 🤙🏼

1995 #228 Black/Black with Dunn Heads
ZR-1 owner since September 2003
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #0074
NCM Lifetime Member #2048

HAWAIIZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022   #124
GM-Classics

Great looking car!!! Blue one of best. Had a quasar/white 92? one of best combos.
GM-Classics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022   #125
Prez1967

Been a while, figure I'd post a small update.

Ordered this from Crutchfield:

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_130DMW...-W4660NEX.html

It is coming with the Metra 70-1857 Bypass Harness and I opted to have Crutchfield prep the Pioneer harness and the adaptor harness for me.

Assuming I follow these instructions here: https://www.corvettemagazine.com/c4-...dern-receiver/ Im hoping for a plug and play install.

Was going to go with a Single Din upgrade but wireless Apple Car Play sounds attractive. Reached out to a couple local shops with no luck so it looks like im ripping the interior out of Bluey again LOL

ALSO: Sent the center console trim to https://stickynomore.com/ in Waldorf MD a couple weeks ago. Broke a mounting tab off the console when I was preparing it for shipping but Robbie told me that his tech could easily repair the damage. I paid for expedited service and the console returned 5 days later in better than new condition. Instructions suggest that the refinished parts need a week or so to complete curing so its been sitting in the house so I dont ding anything up while im monkeying around in the cabin again.

Also got on Marc Haibeck's list so Im waiting to hear from him about taking my car up to him for some work.

Intake/Cam Cover Refinish
Stainless Hardware Upgrade
Red Lettering
ZR1 Splash Lettering

Repair Tranny Whine/Leak
Lightweight Clutch/Flywheel?
Oil Pan Leak
TB Coolant Bypass
SuperPro Rear Diff Bushings
Rear Diff Inspection
Passenger Seat Fix
Oil Pressure Sensor Leak
FX3 Error?
Steering Pivot Play
Intake Air Temp Sensor Relocate
Battery Relocation Kit
Euro Rear Lights install/wiring
Higher Amp Alternator
Recharge A/C
No Flex Kit

Need to get some miles on the car and take some longer drives to ensure the car will make it to Chicago when the time comes lol
1994 #353 "Bluey"

Last edited by Prez1967; 03-05-2022 at 07:15 AM.
Old 03-07-2022   #126
Prez1967

Found a deal on a Ridetech Coilover kit (coilovers/swaybars/bushings) and they are headed my way.

Not sure when they will get installed but its on the list.
1994 #353 "Bluey"
Old 05-17-2022   #127
Prez1967

Been on a spending spree lately as I'll have time to wrench a bit here soon.

Greenwood Hood Vents
Quik-Latch hood latches
GE Nighthawk LED Headlights
DL Merrill Single Fuel Pump upgrade

Waiting to hear about when I should expect to take the car up to Haibeck's before I tear her apart for the Coilover upgrades and other tweaks.
1994 #353 "Bluey"

Last edited by Prez1967; 05-17-2022 at 08:49 AM.
Old 05-17-2022   #128
zyal8r

I continue to follow your list of upgrades - this is a great series! The vents will look awesome. Are the head lights plug and play or do they require other modifications?
1995 ZR-1 #004 - Yellow/Black
1996 LT4 #3828 - Yellow/Beige/LT4/Z51 - 1 of 4
zyal8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022   #129
Prez1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyal8r View Post
I continue to follow your list of upgrades - this is a great series! The vents will look awesome. Are the head lights plug and play or do they require other modifications?
Theres a number of ways to upgrade to LED headlights it seems

https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...ht-bulbs/2179/

Was told to buy these and use one making the upgrade plug and play. They dont sell these individually
1994 #353 "Bluey"
Old 07-05-2022   #130
Prez1967

Today is the anniversary of when I purchased Bluey!!!!

Two wonderful years. Wrenching, meeting new people, making awesome friends.

Glad to be a part of this club!
1994 #353 "Bluey"