ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1s and ZR-1 Parts For Sale/Wanted

Old 06-24-2019   #1
dsimon42

Default 1991 ZR-1 red w/ black, Doug Rippie Motorsports DRM-500

Hi all,

I’m listing this for my dad. He and my mom are retiring, selling the house, and planning to travel the U.S., so he is making the tough decision to get rid of his baby. This is his 2nd ZR-1 (and his 3rd Corvette). He had a 1990 ZR-1 for 12 years and has had this 1991 ZR-1 since 2006.

Ownership history:
  • 1st owner: A dentist who had it for 200 miles. He sold it because it was “too much car” for him.
  • 2nd owner: A founding member of the Santa Clarita Corvette Club
  • 3rd owner. My dad

It has always been a Southern California car and stored indoors (and covered). No rust or corrosion. It’s a beautiful car. Very clean. My dad is pretty particular. Generally, this car got driven once per week to my dad’s bowling league. He has won a handful of trophies at car shows. The car was in an episode of Top Gear USA in 2011 where they were showing various generations of Corvettes from the Santa Clarita Corvette Club. He’s a conservative driver and never particularly hard on his cars.

Note: Despite the roll bar and harnesses, this was NOT a track car. The 2nd owner did the Silver State Classic Challenge about four times in the 150mph class which required the roll bar and harnesses. My dad did it once.

Car has had zero paint or body work done. Full disclosure: There was a literal 1mph “bump-into-the-car-in-front-of-you” incident due to extremely sudden traffic stoppage when an emergency vehicle was maneuvering, but thankfully (even though I always gave him a hard time about it!), he had one of those clear bubble-style license plate covers on it and did zero damage whatsoever.

Car was sent to Marc Haibeck in June 2007 with 33,383 miles due to a blown head gasket. Both head gaskets were replaced, and the opportunity was taken while it was there to do a variety of other tasks. Marc cleaned up the plenum and injector housing porting, new coil packs, new fuel injectors, new spark plugs, new clutch, various hoses, etc. and sent the car off with a clean bill of health. All key systems and accessories work: ride control, seat bladders, CD player, etc.
  • 58,158 miles
  • Red exterior with black interior
  • Doug Rippie Motorsports DRM-500 kit
  • 391hp to the rear wheels (that was before the Haibeck work)
  • 3.73 gears
  • Guldstrand Motorsports rear suspension upgrade (aluminum trailing arms, heim joints, poly bushings)
  • Coilovers by Dick Guldstrand (not sure what brand) all 4 corners w/ color-matched red springs
  • SPC upper-adjustable front a-arms
  • SLP triple intake
  • Borla stainless steel exhaust
  • B&M short-throw shifter
  • Michelin Pilot Sport 275/40-ZR17 fronts; 335/35ZR17 rears; 75% tread left
  • Doug Rippie roll bar w/ Autopower 6-point racing harnesses
  • Pure Power reusable oil filter
  • Smoked targa top w/ storage bag
  • Solid red targa top w/ storage bag

Extras:
  • Invoices from Doug Rippie Motorsports and Marc Haibeck work
  • Dyno sheets
  • Some receipts from previous owner and my dad (not all inclusive, has lost some stuff over the years)
  • GM service manuals
  • Brand new, in-the-box OEM rear hatch glass
  • Extra targa top storage bag (new, still in plastic)
  • Stock computer chip
  • Stock air box
  • Trophies from car shows
  • Four (4) used coil packs (likely good as they were only replaced out of conservatism while Marc Haibeck was in there)
  • Original window sticker, price sheet, ZR-1 brochure, and miscellaneous items in original Owner’s Box from Chevrolet ZR-1 Headquarters

Known Issues:
  • Headlights motor(s) making a slight noise when opening/closing
  • LTPWS light comes on very occasionally (Dick Guldstrand looked into this years ago and couldn't find the cause, so the previous owner informed my dad about it and there has never been an issue with it)
  • Minor paint chips on hood and left-side battery cover piece
  • Minor chips on chromed wheels
  • Minor wear on driver's seat and carpeting
  • Occasional rattle from B&M shifter

Asking $26,000. Car is located in Santa Clarita Valley, CA.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1991 Corvette ZR-1 front left.jpg (145.7 KB, 141 views)
File Type: jpg 1991 Corvette ZR-1 left rear.jpg (135.1 KB, 128 views)
File Type: jpg 1991 Corvette ZR-1 right rear.jpg (211.4 KB, 137 views)
File Type: jpg 1991 Corvette ZR-1 engine.jpg (134.4 KB, 172 views)
dsimon42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019   #2
dsimon42

Default Re: 1991 ZR-1 red w/ black, Doug Rippie Motorsports DRM-500

TTT
dsimon42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019   #3
RussMcB

Default Re: 1991 ZR-1 red w/ black, Doug Rippie Motorsports DRM-500

Sounds like a special car.

GLWS.
RussMcB is offline   Reply With Quote