ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > General > Forum News

Old 04-28-2017   #1
Blue Flame Restorations

Default FORUM ISSUES 04/28/17

Hello all. We are experiencing some network problems that you may have experienced already. We are working on this at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Will update more as the issue gets resolved.

Brett Henderson
Forum Administrator
1990 ZR-1 #444 Convertible
1990 ZR-1 Black #966
1991 ZR-1 Quazar Blue #296
1957 Duntov SS Project
Blue Flame Restorations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017   #2
Riviera

Default Re: FORUM ISSUES 04/28/17

Hi cannot log out of wrong user name "corvette whites". Although it did allow me to somehow log in as Riviera my correct user name. Can't seem to clear the Corvette Whites thing
Riviera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017   #3
-=Jeff=-

Also it looks like no PM capability?
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051
Watson Headers (2" Primary) - 3" Magnaflow Bullet cats - LT4 Catback
Late Model IH - Plenum
Coilovers - 4.10s
Custom Interior
NCM Lifetime Member #978
-=Jeff=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017   #4
Vette Guy

Here's what we know:

Our Webhost has software that stores a cache or copy of each page, which is what we believe has caused an issue on our site. A problem occurred on Friday that captured what we believe is the last user of particular pages on this site - you may see various users as 'logged-in' as you navigate the Forum, however you can't act, open, or post on behalf of another user who appeared to be ‘logged-in’ - you can only ever post as yourself. We took out PMs as an extra precaution as a few user's PMs were visible, but could not be opened.

We’ve been through every part of the website software, mobile application, TapaTalk app, etc. since Friday afternoon. During the time the site was down, backups of the forum were restored, then later replaced with our most current data and software as they did not fix the issue. The website software has been completely reinstalled as well as the patches/add-ons, etc. We’ve been working with our webhost support from the beginning of finding the issue, and have eliminated all that we can to point this back to a web hosting issue.

We understand that the latest action of our webhost support team will take a few hours to propagate to the web, but will circumvent the server caching pages of our forum, and allow instant updates. We currently believe this is the problem, particularly as some of the cached pages still reflect a “Forum Down for Maintenance” message that was only displayed on Friday.
Sorry about the issue – we have been working throughout Friday night, and throughout the weekend to get everything back up and running as soon as possible…. We certainly did not know that we’d still be working on the issue for this long. We're now looking to test the 'fix' at 2am....

Also, this problem will impact everyone differently - some do not encounter the problem, others are still shut down with a 'Down for Maintenance' message depending on which browser and version they are using... I believe Tapatalk app users have not encountered a problem. If you can disable allowing your browser to use cached versions of the forum, you have no problem.

Regards,
Mark
91 ZR-1 #2016
95 ZR-1 #21 DRM-600, LPE 385
Vette Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017   #5
Racinfan83

Quickie to let u know - works on my phone - I do not have tapatalk, does not work on Microsoft Explorer latest version or on Google chrome... 0415cdt
[CENTER][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=4][I][B] **Now Sold** 1990 ZR-1 #2093, Black on Black..[/B][/I][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
Racinfan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017   #6
WVZR-1

Well I received an email from Brett mentioning he thought that I shouldn't be able to "log in" - I've logged in and out a few times. It seems I can "trick" access to a thread and the various categories if I click on a link in the "last post" column and NOT the "category" - I can't get to the GENERAL but I can get here by clicking on the FORUM ISSUES from the "last post"!

GOOD LUCK GUYS!!!

Last edited by WVZR-1; 05-01-2017 at 09:59 AM.
WVZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017   #7
Vette Guy

We apoligize for the problem and want to thank everyone for their patience - As of 11:44am 5/1/2017, we believe the issue is resolved. Should you encounter any problems going forward, please contact us at forum@zr1netregistry.com.

Regards,
Mark
91 ZR-1 #2016
95 ZR-1 #21 DRM-600, LPE 385
Vette Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017   #8
BigJohn

No problems, looks good!
BigJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017   #9
Racinfan83

Just clicked on my tab on Explorer and it went right to the forum home page - with me still logged in. So yes - you fixed it. Great job to all who worked on it!
[CENTER][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=4][I][B] **Now Sold** 1990 ZR-1 #2093, Black on Black..[/B][/I][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
Racinfan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017   #10
Corvettes White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riviera View Post
Hi cannot log out of wrong user name "corvette whites". Although it did allow me to somehow log in as Riviera my correct user name. Can't seem to clear the Corvette Whites thing
Did I crash the site?

George, AKA Corvettes White?
Corvettes White is offline   Reply With Quote