ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > General > Forum News

Old 12-04-2016   #1
XfireZ51

Default ZR Registry- Broadening the Registry Universe

A proposal has been placed to the Board recommending broadening the Registry scope to include other generations of ZR Corvette vehicles either previously designated by GM or so designated in the future.
The Board of Directors is inquiring into the "sense of the membership" regarding actively pursuing other generations of ZRs to join the ZR-1 Net Registry and participate with us on the forum and in events.

The ZR1 Net Registry Board is considering this proposal due to:
  • Recent activity by GM and the Corvette Group demonstrates that future generations of the ZR nameplate are being planned or in development.
  • There currently is no other forum or Corvette community supporting SOLELY the ZR nameplate. The Registry is not only a forum/website but also a club that actively organizes events and gatherings nationally and on local levels.
  • As GM adds to the generations of ZR badged Corvettes, the ZR-1 Registry is uniquely positioned to be both a forum AND a community devoted only to “A Corvette, only more so”
  • The addition of ZR Corvette generations lends a new perspective from which the C4 ZR-1 will be viewed. One of being pivotal for the ZR Corvette bloodline by having provided the groundbreaking “Corvette From Hell” legacy of the ZR Corvettes that followed it. Beginning w the ZR1 special engine package in 1970, the ZR evolved into the "King of the Hill" ZR-1, with a legacy that continues today with the C6 ZR1.
  • We anticipate Corvette will continue to evolve the ZR in future generations of Corvette.

Although there is investigation into the tactical requirements for successfully implementing such a plan, the Board first is seeking a “sense of the membership” prior to expending further time and effort on this initiative. With your feedback, the Board of Directors can make a more informed decision regarding the direction of the Registry in the future. We will be creating a discussion thread in the "Member's Only" forum. We also invite feedback in this thread from all registered participants on the forum.
1984 Corvette Z-51/4+3 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Aqua/Gray #474 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Black Rose/Cognac #458
2014 Honda VFR Interceptor DX
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016   #2
efnfast

Default Re: ZR Registry- Broadening the Registry Universe

My thoughts and feelings are that this forum is for ZR-1's/ LT-5's. There are other ZR1's in name, but not with LT-5's. This engine is what makes us special and unique.
efnfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016   #3
Ami Workman

Well...did my reply get deleted??

*Nevermind...I see Dom posted this in two different places...sorry...it confused me 😕*

Last edited by Ami Workman; 12-04-2016 at 08:38 PM.
Ami Workman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016   #4
A26B

I have no problem with it, provided that the when you access the Forum, there are immediate sub-forums such as the following, to avoid comingling the different generations, such as;

C3 ZR-1, LT-1
C4 ZR-1, LT5
C6 ZR1, LS9
C7 ZR1, "LT5"

The immediate questions in my mind are;
1. What is/are the advantage(s) for our organization to broaden the scope beyond the current status? Likewise, what is/are the disadvantage(s)?
2. Does the HOTB magazine become diluted with inclusion of other ZR's?
3. Will the Board then be comprised of directors elected from all generations?

I think the initial step may be to solicit questions of concerns from our members first, to develop a broad & complete spectrum of considerations. Then, develop answers to the questions so that informed opinions and decisions can be made.
1994 ZR-1, Black/Black, Lingenfelter Aerobody, 416cu in, 3.91 gears, coil-over susp, Brembo brakes, etc.
2016 Black-Red, 3LT-Z51 Auto 8-speed.
A26B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016   #5
Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by efnfast View Post
My thoughts and feelings are that this forum is for ZR-1's/ LT-5's. There are other ZR1's in name, but not with LT-5's. This engine is what makes us special and unique.
I agree with the above statement. While I wouldn't mind having them with us together at events, I feel we should keep our forum as it is. If we merge as one, I feel that the ZR-1 Registry.Net will become diluted in the sense that we will lose our state of being. We won't be as special as we now are, and we may get lost with the addition of more generations in our forum. Their needs and aspirations for their vehicles are much different than ours.
Remember that their objectives and goals in general may also be a whole lot different than ours. Not trying to sound snobby or anything, but if you include them with us, we would become like other forums, is that what we the members want???
And I have nothing against other forums, been a member of CF for many, many years.
As Steve said, "makes us special".....I would like to remain special...JMO

1994 ZR-1 #009 "captured test fleet car"
1974 LS4 454 Vert
1982 L83 CFI...now a retired "dd"....Sold

WAZOO Member
Roadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016   #6
XfireZ51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ami Workman View Post
Well...did my reply get deleted??

*Nevermind...I see Dom posted this in two different places...sorry...it confused me 😕*
Ami,

Please repost here also.
Old 12-04-2016   #7
Ami Workman

Ok...
Old 12-04-2016   #8
Ami Workman

I welcome them if they want to be a part of our wonderful family...I understood the reason for having a C4 ZR1 board was to have a community of ppl who understood how to maintain the ZR1's because parts were hard to come by and some had cottage companies to provide certain parts to fix our remaining cars... they may find some difficulty getting assistance if there aren't many other ZR1 owners in other Corvette series, thus not having the availability of parts and knowledge of the nuances of their Corvette series' ZR1's...but we do have some great car enthusiasts that, I'm sure, can/will learn their engines and nuances to help keep their cars running in tip-top shape...
Old 12-04-2016   #9
XfireZ51

To those that are contributing,

First of all thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback. Secondly, I would encourage you to consider the principle question of the Registry reaching out proactively to owners/fans of ZR Corvettes other than only the C4 generation.
As an analogy, the Grand Sport community includes other generations beyond the C4. Should the Registry do something similar? Some of the other points discussed above presuppose that the Registry would do this. The question for discussion here is whether we should do this rather than how.
I hope that helps clarify the objective here.
Old 12-04-2016   #10
Mystic ZR-1

How do the Grand Sport guys do it?
May help this discussion?
Dom, you type faster than me...

Last edited by Mystic ZR-1; 12-04-2016 at 10:29 PM. Reason: .
Mystic ZR-1 is online now   Reply With Quote