ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Club Regional Areas > Southwest Region

Old 06-15-2013   #11
DennisC

Default Re: New to Houston Area (From NY), shop question

Henderson Performance in New Braunfels, Tx is one of the best ZR-1 mechanics in the area, that is his speciality. Corey Henderson is the ZR-1 guru and is well respected its a bit of a drive from Houston, but well worth it. He port and polished my plenum and put some of his manufactured headers there and dyno my motor and boosted my HP at the wheel from 365HP to 410HP he is well known throughout the US and many people ship their ZR-1's down here for him to work on them. He really knows everything mechanical wise computer about ZR-1's inside and out and he often speaks at the ZR-1 gathering in BG.
His number is (830) 620-1117, you wont regret it and it's worth the drive if you can drop the car off for a few weeks and come back. He can also soda blast motors and can paint the heads and plenum custom colors.
DennisC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013   #12
buckshot111

Default Re: New to Houston Area (From NY), shop question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian'sSon View Post
I just moved down to Houston from upstate NY and am loving the area so far. I would like to hear of any trusted shops down here that if I need to I can bring my '91 in? (I'm at 40K on it now and thinking that a clutch may be in my future, tires as well). Any input would be great.
Thanks!
Scott
Scott,

Corey is the best but I have used Houston Corvette's, located on Stefani Ln., Gordon Andrus for a lot of work on my 1990 ZR-1, He has been very good. Stay away from Lucas Auto Care, bad news.
buckshot111 is offline   Reply With Quote