ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1s and ZR-1 Parts For Sale/Wanted

Old 01-13-2017   #11
Stevdug

Default Re: 1990 ZR-1 Value

Sad to say I don't think it's just a Mecum Auction thing as I bought mine direct from the owner through this forum. Cars that you see advertized for bigger $$ tend to set, just look at what is going on with cars on ebay, here and the other vette forums. I feel that I paid top $$ for mine and the guy selling it came way down off his original asking price after having for sale for quite some time.
Stevdug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017   #12
edram454

If you buy cash and have it on hand you can buy a nice car for 17 or less. I mean a real nice car. Lots of people are selling but not able to get offers to what they really are worth. Eventually some of those sellers just take the hit and sell at a ridiculous price. I settled at a ridiculous price and decided I did not want to be selling this thing for 2 or 3 years. I made it go away. 17k should be the most you would need to spend. I dont see a guy walking away from a pile of cash after he has been trying to sell it for years unless he has extra storage and and it doesnt matter. I know of guys who have great cars on this forum but will not get what they should get for there cars. It is a buyers market. cash is king.

1990 #3028..siamese ported plen/hous/SGC/fidanza/DRM LTHeaders/DRM roll cage/camber rod/drilled slot rotors hawk track pads/grand sport calipers/full corsa exhaust/Hurst/NO cats/custom SGC chip/cbeamplate/315's on all 4/intake water plugged/smog removed..RC injectors/LED lights..SHOULD NOT HAVE PUT ALL THE MONEY IN IT.. SOLD.
edram454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017   #13
cuisinartvette

Quote:
If you buy cash and have it on hand you can buy a nice car for 17 or less. I mean a real nice car. Lots of people are selling but not able to get offers to what they really are worth
This!
Times are still tough today many many toys hitting the market cheap
Very narrow group of buyers for the Z
Dont pay attention to asking prices
Not many are going to be happy with what they can get

had my own toy up for grabs...had a 30k offer turned my nose up at it be lucky to get 20k now. Appraised (which means nothing really) for 60k.Just the way it is.
Old 01-28-2017   #14
8cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by edram454 View Post
If you buy cash and have it on hand you can buy a nice car for 17 or less. I mean a real nice car.
I sold mine for 17k, and even though it had 64k miles I think it qualified as a real nice car. No issues, reliable, drive it anywhere, kind of car. I would have liked to get more for it, but that's the market. Even then, it took 4.5 months to sell.
'90 ZR-1 #1322 Daily Driver, 64k and counting
Black/Gray
[IMG]http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb49/mlitherland/IMG_0326_zps3d50d8cb.jpg[/IMG]
8cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017   #15
Racinfan83

I have a black on black 90 that I have won class in multiple shows with. 21k miles. And though it isn't going to be for sale - I doubt I could get much over $20k for it right now. The market SHOULD be higher since there were less then 7000 of these made over 5 years and the number still alive is dwindling - but reality is that they are unappreciated. People see "just a C4" and you can buy C4's for under $10k all day long.... Same reason I only put my car in Corvette only shows - in an all inclusive show it gets few looks. At least in CO shows you have the benefit of being with other C4's, where it shines, and sometimes they put C4 and C5 in one class (won those too). SO - I wouldn't offer over $21k and that is a strong offer IMO....
[CENTER][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=4][I][B] **Now Sold** 1990 ZR-1 #2093, Black on Black..[/B][/I][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
Racinfan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017   #16
Helium3

The current C4 market is sad to see. But the other issue is I can go out and buy a used 80k+ mile C5 Z06 for around 14k from a dealer, or a C6 Z06 for no joke 26k. It's a tough sell when it's easy to get 650+ hp from that LS7, and the car has a 400lb advantage, Ti rods and intake valves plus some magnesium goodies.
Helium3 is offline   Reply With Quote