ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > Cleaning and Waxing

Old 01-28-2012   #1
Paul Workman

Location: Squires (near Ava MO in the Mark Twain N'tl Forest) - Missouri
Default Chrome polish and protectant...

I have some lightly used chrome A-molds and am curious to know if Adams has a polymer sealant/polish for chrome. I'm not interested in wax of any sort. And, for a point of reference, I tried some metal polish frm Blingmaster and found it to be the one to beat by far, at least among the ones I've tried, e.g., Mothers, and a product I got from Mike Yeager, and a host of others - all worked about the same. For perspective, I'd rank the best of the others a "5" on a scale of 1-10, if Bling were at 10.

I'm always looking for a better metal polish, it seems. What recommendation have U got, Adam, and how does it compare to the Bling stuff??

P.

90 #1202
"FBI" top end ported & relieved
Cam timing by "Pete the Greek"
Sans secondaries
Chip & dyno tuning by Haibeck Automotive
SW headers, X-pipe, MF muffs

Former Secretary, ZR-1 Net Registry
Paul Workman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012   #2
captcorvette

Question Re: Chrome polish and protectant...

Have you tried jeweler’s rouge?
captcorvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012   #3
Dylan@Adams

Default Re: Chrome polish and protectant...

Our 2 stage metal polishing process generally blows people away who have been less than impressed with others. If it fails to knock your socks off then thats the benefit of our 110% money back satisfaction guarantee. Check out the video on this product page and see what it did for the aluminum wheels on Adam's Bronco:

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-602-a...1-2-combo.aspx

After you've got them polished out then sealing them with our new Quick Sealant would offer a great amount of protection against oxidation and fade.

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-701-a...k-sealant.aspx
Old 04-30-2015   #4
HAWAIIZR-1

I guess it is better late than never. A few years ago when I saw Paul's mention of Blingmaster metal polish I immediately bought it. The stupid thing is being so busy at the time and even now I never got to use it all these years. It left Japan in household good, made the trip to Hawaii before I moved weeks later to California. So almost a year later I buy a 95 ZR-1 after almost giving up on the ZR-1s entirely. I put on one of the many sets of wheels I have; my CCW classics with PC'd centers in black and decide I gotta detail the wheels for this Sunday's Cars and Coffee.

The long story short and the whole reason for this post is to confirm that Blingmaster is the BOMB. This stuff is really good and so easy to use. I was using Mother's billet all these years, but forget that. Thanks for the mention Paul. In addition, I thought I should mention my other first time use today is Wheel Wax for the powdercoated centers and another awesome product. My wheels look better than new now.
1995 #228 Black/Black with Dunn Heads
ZR-1 owner since September 2003
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #0074
NCM Lifetime Member #2048

HAWAIIZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015   #5
A1990

Paul and Craig, thanks for the heads up. I am going to order some of this after I return from the Gathering.

Nothing worse than these uncoated aluminum wheels.
90 ZR-1 #2562 Atomic-Z
ZR-1 Net Registry Chairman of the Board
ZR-1 Net Registry Treasurer
A1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015   #6
HAWAIIZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1990 View Post
Paul and Craig, thanks for the heads up. I am going to order some of this after I return from the Gathering.

Nothing worse than these uncoated aluminum wheels.

Hey Dennis,

All I can do is thank Paul for turning me on to this great product. It really makes these old CCWs POP! They seem to repel dust really well. I took this photo today after I came home and saw your post. I forgot to take them over the weekend when polished before going to Cars and Coffee on Sunday. Did not have to touch them since to take this photo after all the driving and all.

Old 05-19-2015   #7
Paul Workman

Location: Squires (near Ava MO in the Mark Twain N'tl Forest) - Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWAIIZR-1 View Post

Hey Dennis,

All I can do is thank Paul for turning me on to this great product. It really makes these old CCWs POP! They seem to repel dust really well. I took this photo today after I came home and saw your post. I forgot to take them over the weekend when polished before going to Cars and Coffee on Sunday. Did not have to touch them since to take this photo after all the driving and all.
Update: Nice wheels, Craig! Here it is 3 years later, and my chrome A-molds are still gleaming like new; that is to say, they're still (apparently) sealed from road grime/salt/brake dust/corrosive "stuff". I've re-polished them, more out of habit than need. Water still beads up on them like I just applied it. Crud washes right off with simple car wash (I use Zaino) stuff; just wipe with soapy mitt and rinse. No scrubbing or re-polishing. For me, it is one of those few "Ah HA!" products!!

90 #1202
"FBI" top end ported & relieved
Cam timing by "Pete the Greek"
Sans secondaries
Chip & dyno tuning by Haibeck Automotive
SW headers, X-pipe, MF muffs

Former Secretary, ZR-1 Net Registry
Paul Workman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015   #8
HAWAIIZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Workman View Post
Update: Nice wheels, Craig! Here it is 3 years later, and my chrome A-molds are still gleaming like new; that is to say, they're still (apparently) sealed from road grime/salt/brake dust/corrosive "stuff". I've re-polished them, more out of habit than need. Water still beads up on them like I just applied it. Crud washes right off with simple car wash (I use Zaino) stuff; just wipe with soapy mitt and rinse. No scrubbing or re-polishing. For me, it is one of those few "Ah HA!" products!!
Hey P,

Thanks and I'm glad to have heard about this product from you. There are so many car care products that make claims, but very few of them really do what they say they will. I have been using REJEX and like that product, but really want to try the Zaino paint products in the future with this black car once I have more time. It was great to see you and hang out at the Gathering too. Take care and Aloha, Craig