ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Racing > Professional Motor Sports

Old 12-24-2009   #1
Aurora40

Default Schumi returns to F1!

Schumacher signed to drive with Mercedes F1, along with Rosberg. So he'll be back with Brawn, and back in the driver's seat. Pretty neat!

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/12/23/v...o-mercedes-be/
Former owner of #2517

[IMG]http://a.random-image.net/aurora40/vette.jpg[/img]
Aurora40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009   #2
flyin ryan

Default Re: Schumi returns to F1!

Pretty cool deal. Will be interesting. My thinking is Schumi's skill-set/competitive fire may have dropped a little...happens with age, by maybe 5%...if that's the case, will be very interesting to see him 'Race' with the field instead of pulling away from them. Had some good battles earlier on with Damon Hill then later Jacques Villeneuve.

Last edited by flyin ryan; 12-25-2009 at 02:18 AM.
flyin ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009   #3
tomtom72

Now this could make for a very interesting season indeed!

Mike said he's been doing some work outs in karts....yea it's not an F1 chassis but those karts do beat you up. If he can take the beating and still be able to drive effectively ( concentration ) he may not have lost too much off of his skill set?

This could be the makings of a headache for the rest of the field, Mike and Ross together again.

Now I can't wait for March!
1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
tomtom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009   #4
flyin ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom72 View Post

Now I can't wait for March!
I'm with you
Old 12-26-2009   #5
Jeffvette

F1 was dying pretty quick. Schumi will be a good pump of attention and money to the F1 circuit. I think you will find there will be a small curve to get him up to speed and extremely competetive. I give him 3 races to a win.
Old 12-27-2009   #6
flyin ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffvette View Post
I give him 3 races to a win.
Ya'...I don't know about that...? Everything is going to be pretty wide open to start the year though. Wonder what the line is for how long before he wins a race? I can see him winning in 3, or never winning again...just so hard to say . Will be interesting for sure .
Old 12-27-2009   #7
tomtom72

Good points Jeff & Ryan. I wasn't thinking about it from F1's point of marketing view. It's got to be a "gift" to the organizers for sure.

I was thinking about the "rust" question. No doubt there has to be some. I believe that a good tell tale will be the results the first time Ross asks Mike to make up time because the leader has pitted. We all remember what he used to do in those situations, towards the end of a stint on light fuel. If he can find that aspect of his abilities again and it remained intact, this will be a treat to watch. I would always marvel at that aspect of his talent when it was displayed during the races.

I know one thing that he can still bring to the table right away, his devotion to car development. The only thing that I see as an obstacle are the testing rules now. If those rules were different, the smile on Ross's face would swallow his ears.

JMHO
1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
Old 12-27-2009   #8
flyin ryan

Quote:
I wasn't thinking about it from F1's point of marketing view. It's got to be a "gift" to the organizers for sure.
Canada (Montreal) has it's race back at just the right time .
Old 12-28-2009   #9
tomtom72

Yes, and I was thinking that I may start looking into going to my first F1 race.
Old 12-28-2009   #10
flyin ryan

Quote:
Yes, and I was thinking that I may start looking into going to my first F1 race.
Good...your a lot closer to Montreal than I am. I hope you go!