ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Racing > Professional Motor Sports

Old 07-17-2008   #1
flyin ryan

Default DRCE-2

as most on here know i build engines, port heads & intakes etc., etc. i manage to build some pretty cool stuff in the Competition Eliminator & Super Stock world, one of my guys qualified #1 at the recently completed IHRA Rocky Mountain Nationals in Super Stock, mostly naturally asperated stuff i do. i thought i'd share this with you...i was asked a couple weeks ago if i'd be willing to work on someones engine down the road. well at the afformentioned Rocky Mountain race this fello took out the thrust bearing in his engine. turns out it's an ex-NHRA legal 500inch Pro-Stock engine. it was Jeg Coughlin's ( Jegs mail order ) approx. four years ago. i'm guessing at that time this thing should have been making around 1280 H.P., could be more though. pretty neat to have something like this come through my doors. BTW the intake valve on this thing is 2.52" head diameter

Last edited by flyin ryan; 07-18-2008 at 08:58 PM.
flyin ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008   #2
flyin ryan

Default Re: DRCE-2

Old 07-17-2008   #3
flyin ryan

Old 07-17-2008   #4
RICHARD TILL

Darn nice engine. Makes my little BBC 496 in a 10 sec. jetboat look weak.
RICHARD TILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008   #5
Hammer

Talking Re: DRCE-2

Hey Buddy,

Keep us posted on this build. Pics too if it's not to much trouble.
See ya in a couple of weeks.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][I]2015 ZL1 [/I][I]Camaro #1121 BLACK/BLACK 6 SPD (540 RWHP)[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]
[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1]1991 ZR-1 #458 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK 72[/COLOR]k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])
1991 ZR-1 #473 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK [/COLOR]37k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008   #6
flyin ryan

i can do that John. just about have it apart. CC'ed everything already. works out to 15.16:1 compression ratio, bore's a healthy size too, 4.685". intake lift is .9980", that'll move some mixture. definatly some interesting things. under some silicone on the pan rail i found the name Maskin stamped in. some may know Richard Maskin owns Dart machinery. he used to build Jegs stuff.
Old 07-18-2008   #7
Hammer

Talking Re: DRCE-2

Jeez, that some motor Ryan. Is it in a bracket racer now. If so a dragster I am assuming, what time's, any idea?
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][I]2015 ZL1 [/I][I]Camaro #1121 BLACK/BLACK 6 SPD (540 RWHP)[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]
[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1]1991 ZR-1 #458 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK 72[/COLOR]k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])
1991 ZR-1 #473 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK [/COLOR]37k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008   #8
flyin ryan

well the guy has a few cars, he & his kids drive. he was running Top Sportsman in a door car but he want's to start running Competition Eliminator. he's running in Seattle at the national event right now for the first time in Comp. B/AA with an 05 Cavalier. i'm just starting to learn about the guy myself to be honest. he's bracket raced around here for a few years & wants to step up now, that's the jist of what i know.
Old 07-19-2008   #9
Zr1 Destroyer

Cool....nitrousjunkie has a few of those drce 500 inchers at his shop...one self racing and jenkins. I'm trying to get him to toss one my way some day......yeah riiiight...lol!

I've been keeping my eye out for the right one for my Nova.....even a detuned drce 500 cuber runs friggin awesome in a door slammer. A lot of technology for cheap I think......they pop up on racingjunk from time to time.
1967 Nova w/Sb2 power!!!
1991 GMC Syclone
[/B][FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=blue]
[/COLOR][/FONT]
Zr1 Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008   #10
FU

Now THAT is a real engine

NCM Lifetime member # 982
Registry Founding # 237
FU is offline   Reply With Quote