ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 03-01-2024   #1
Dan Alloway

Post The inevitable appreciation of a King

With the ZR1 marque returning in 25, the spotlight is increasingly shining on our favorite toys. I agree with the rising clammer about likely appreciation. Beyond that, it?s a lot of fun to hear from performance car fans as they discover all that?s unique about RPO ZR1. Particularly from those who have the chance to drive one.

Two outtakes:

Autopian: The C4 Corvette ZR-1 Is The Last Affordable 90s Supercar

https://www.theautopian.com/the-c4-c...-90s-supercar/

Road & Track Aug/Sept ?23 - New Vintage

The generational shift that is redefining what a collector car is:

C4 Corvette: Landmark performance cars in their time and a leap forward for Americas sports care, they have simply been too cheap for too long. The minty-fresh one you could have bought four years ago for $10k is now $20k or more. And they are just getting started, especially the 89 and up six speeds or a King of the Hill ZR-1 with its Lotus-designed quad-cam 32 valve V-8. This is no guarantee of future returns, but one can look at these instantly recognizable and now-collectable cars at this price point, in this rapidly expanding segment, and garner that there is much more upside than. And I don?t say that only because I just bought one, either.
Dan Alloway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024   #2
Mystic ZR-1

Default Re: The inevitable appreciation of a King

Everyone thought our ZR-1s would appreciate when
the C6 ZR1 came out....
So, how'd that work out?
Mystic ZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2024   #3
efnfast

I've said it before. I paid 20 for mine, invested 20 into it. Know what's it's worth? 20.
Let's hope this continue to change. What I should do for the group is sell mine, then values will skyrocket, at least that's what happens when I invest in the stock market.
efnfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2024   #4
Vetman

Well I bought mine for 14,000 in 2012 in ver nice orginal shape. (60,000 miles) Took it to Marc?s shop for injectors nos antenna and other misc small stuff costing 3200 dollars. New Michelin?s and put 27,000 miles on it. I?m sure I could sell it for a little more than I have in it so 12 years of fun and 27,000 free miles. One road trip to NCM and one road-trip to Corvettes at Carisle. Bargain!!!
2011 cts-v 556 HP, manual 6 speed
1955 chev 2dr ht PP 265 3 speed w/OD
Vetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024   #5
dredgeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by efnfast View Post
I've said it before. I paid 20 for mine, invested 20 into it. Know what's it's worth? 20.
Let's hope this continue to change. What I should do for the group is sell mine, then values will skyrocket, at least that's what happens when I invest in the stock market.
Steve, no need to take one for the team, we like having you in the group!

1992 Bright Red/Black ZR1 #246
Dana 4:10 gears
Polished LT5 by Haibeck
Polished Fikse FM5's with Michelin Pilot Sport 2
Stainless Works headers and cats with Corsa
dredgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024   #6
efnfast

Well thanks Charlie, appreciate that.
efnfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024   #7
WARP TEN

Default The inevitable appreciation of a King

Quote:
Originally Posted by efnfast View Post

Me too Steve. Bought my 95 for $27k in 2012 with 19k miles from the second owner. Put 15k miles on it but also sent it to Marc a couple times eventually for his 510 hp package. By the time I sold it in 2016 for $37k I had about $50 in it. But those 15,000 miles were a heck of a lot of fun. And my 93 was bought from the original owner in 1994 for $40k with 6k miles. Sold it in 2007 for about $27k as I recall with about 75,000 miles. So 13 years and almost 70k of joyful miles. Don't recall how much I put in during those great 13 years but it was well worth it. Just don't ask me for investing advice. Bob
2016 Long Beach Red Z06 #10281 "POPS Z"
1995 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN"--Haibeck 350/510 package, 4.10s, Hurst, Stock Exhaust with QTP Cutouts
--Sold but still running strong
1993 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING"
--Sold but still running strong, now with more than 120,000 miles
1967 Marlboro Maroon/Saddle Corvette Coupe 300 hp/4-spd
--Sold a long time ago
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
NCM Lifetime Member
Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
"Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"

Last edited by WARP TEN; 03-04-2024 at 09:17 AM.
WARP TEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024   #8
AirbusDriver

A few low mileage examples have sold for decent money. Aside from a few on BaT that brought good money, there are a couple private sales I know of.
A Yellow/Black 95 with less than 100 miles sold for $125K...a friend of mine bought it. It is shown here on the left.

There was a Black/Black 90 with less than 50 miles, at Fusion Motors, that recently sold for more than $95K but less than $100K.

I purchased my Black/Red 90 with 62 original miles, as a 'barn find', for $43K and put another $7K in it with transportation, Haibeck and detailing. I have no idea what it would bring but, I suspect significantly more than I have in it.

My 89 is one of three or four 'un-altered' pre-production units so, no idea how to put a current price on it.

Collector cars can pivot quickly so, it'll be interesting to see what the future holds. In the meantime, what great cars they are!

Mark
AirbusDriver is offline   Reply With Quote