ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 Members' Rides

Old 06-04-2012   #1
Rusty

Default First Vette and First ZR1 in Alberta, Canada.

I purchased my first Corvette, a 1994 black/black ZR1, last week. It's far from pristine at ~140,000 km and some non-stock parts here and there, but what I really want from it is to have fun with it (as in going for drives and making the drive to work more entertaining as opposed to racing/showing).

I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed now that I'm beginning to figure out what work needs to be done... brakes right away and maybe fuel injectors (still figuring out if those are the cause of a problem). Plus some "should be done soon" projects... mufflers, speedometer correction (reading incorrectly because of changed gear ratio), wheels, suspension. Not to mention I need to adjust the grade of the entrance to my garage before I can get it in/out to drive it! Just hope it's all worth it...

Looking forward to reading here to help figure out the technical ins-and-outs of these cars.
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012   #2
efnfast

Default Re: First Vette and First ZR1 in Alberta, Canada.

Congrats on the purchase. I've only been at this a year and can't believe the amount of help available here. Good luck.
Steve
efnfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012   #3
tomcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
I purchased my first Corvette, a 1994 black/black ZR1, last week. It's far from pristine at ~140,000 km and some non-stock parts here and there, but what I really want from it is to have fun with it (as in going for drives and making the drive to work more entertaining as opposed to racing/showing).

I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed now that I'm beginning to figure out what work needs to be done... brakes right away and maybe fuel injectors (still figuring out if those are the cause of a problem). Plus some "should be done soon" projects... mufflers, speedometer correction (reading incorrectly because of changed gear ratio), wheels, suspension. Not to mention I need to adjust the grade of the entrance to my garage before I can get it in/out to drive it! Just hope it's all worth it...

Looking forward to reading here to help figure out the technical ins-and-outs of these cars.
Welcome to the BrotherHood.
Manfred E............
91 ZR1 #906
http://pnwzr1.net
tomcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012   #4
hiperf406

Welcome to the madness - from Spruce Grove. lorne

When the flag drops the bull sh1t stops!
hiperf406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012   #5
DaveK

Great to have another Canadian ZR-1 on board. Welcome to the gang, hope you get lots of smiles out of your new purchase and don't be shy about asking questions!

Cheers

Dave
1991 #1516 Black/Black

davidmkelly.com

"Speed is often confused with insight." - Johan Cruijff
DaveK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012   #6
Alberta_ZR1

Hey Rusty,

Glad to see another ZR1 in these woods.

Did you happen to purchase the black 94 that was on kijiji here in Calgary? It had the black grand sport wheels etc?

I'm in Calgary, got a 93 and just finished completely "restoring" the motor two winters ago. I've got all the GM tech manuals and could lend a hand if you're in the area. PM me if you're interested.

http://www.zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14663
Alberta_ZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012   #7
Rusty

Thanks all for the welcome! I've already been discovering that there's lots of information here, and I'm sure I'll be asking questions as I get into things.

Alberta_ZR1... yes, that was the '94 Vette on Kijiji. I'd seen the ad there for over a month as I've been looking at used Vettes, and kept coming back to it... a ZR1 in an affordable price range ended up being too tempting! Of course, with the "affordable" price comes some maintenance/repair requirements, and I really appreciate the offer of help. I'm in Lethbridge, which isn't too far. Where did you get the tech manuals?
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012   #8
Alberta_ZR1

Yeah that 94 was a decent looking car and for the money it's a ton of fun, even if it needs a little TLC off the start. Did you ever get a chance to see the black 1990 that has been on there for a while? The owner of it used to work for GM back in the day and it is a very clean example of a ZR1 too

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ377557614

You can get tech manuals off of ebay for around $100.00 + shipping usually. I found this ad just looking quickly and it looks like they deliver to Canada.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1994-Corvett...rature&vxp=mtr

Lethbridge isn't too far. I'll probably be down that way in July for Street Wheelers.

Last edited by Alberta_ZR1; 06-07-2012 at 12:47 AM.
Alberta_ZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012   #9
flyin ryan

Smile Re: First Vette and First ZR1 in Alberta, Canada.

Welcome Rusty
Old 06-27-2012   #10
ZZZZZR1
Banned
BANNED

Congrats on your 1994!!!

What are the last 3 of your vin?

I have #150 (1994)

Cheers

David
ZZZZZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote