ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-15-2018   #1
KJL

Default Serious Concerns Over Parts Availability

After having some issues with trouble codes and researching possible causes, a troubling trend left me somewhat panic stricken. Relatively speaking our cars are not that old but it seems more and more replacement parts are simply no longer available. The few folks who we rely on for such parts are running out of their stock piles. What does this mean for the future of our ZR1's?

I never thought I would consider this but should I just sell them now while they are least running? (I own 2)

When I read one of the possible causes for code 43 is a failed ignition control module and oh BTW they are no longer available or the tail shaft for my transmission is no longer available not to mention the ECM, even the alternator, starter...heck it is even a challenge finding the right wiper blades that fit under the hood.....I am really begin to wonder. Are all the things that make this car so special also be its undoing?

Has anyone compiled a list of parts that are no longer available for our cars?
1995 ZR1 #159
Ported,Corsa,4.10 Rear, Dual Disc RAM Clutch, Alum Flywheel, Haibeck Chip, ZFDoc Plates, Relocated Battery 400 rwhp
1992 ZR1 #280
Ported, Locked Secondary's, Flowmaster Exhaust, Haibeck Chip, 375rwhp
1996 Collectors LT4 (Stock)
1972 Convertible 434 Small Block
572 rwhp
KJL is offline   Reply With Quote