ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 03-05-2014   #271
Jim Nolan

Default Re: Corvette Museum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Workman View Post
A comment by a local TV news dude in Chicago on Monday remarked that Mustang owners were laughing about the NCM sinkhole and Corvette enthusiasts.

Well.... Just wait till THEIR museum has a sinkhole open up under it!! Oh, wait. They don't have a museum?? Harumph...
There are mustang museums all over the country they are called junkyards.
Jim Nolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014   #272
XfireZ51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog View Post
Huge advertisement having it pulled from underground and then started up and drive away. It was a GM owned car, I wouldnt be surprised if the order to start and drive away came from GM itself.

Its only an LS9 anyways. Cookie cutter engine. GM has a few thousand laying around.

If any fuel injected car starts, that means it has oil pressure. Its a safety feature for a potential crash site. No oil pressure kicks out the fuel pumps, if it didnt an over turned or wrecked car's fuel pump would empty its fuel tank onto the ground. No oil pressure, no fuel pressure, less fire risk to 1st aiders, not to save the engine itself.
Hog,

I think you are correct. Something tells me that scene will find its way into a commercial. Takes a licking and comes up ticking.
My 84 had an oil pressure switch by distributor that completed circuit for fuel pump. Wow! That's 30 years ago.
1984 Corvette Z-51/4+3 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Aqua/Gray #474 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Black Rose/Cognac #458
2014 Honda VFR Interceptor DX
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014   #273
Hog

Quote:
Originally Posted by XfireZ51 View Post
Hog,

I think you are correct. Something tells me that scene will find its way into a commercial. Takes a licking and comes up ticking.
My 84 had an oil pressure switch by distributor that completed circuit for fuel pump. Wow! That's 30 years ago.
Wow, 30 years ago, it doesnt seem that long ago.

My fleet of 1997-98 Vortec 350 L31 trucks are some of the last distributer equipped vehicles, 2002-2003 vans were the last. These L31 engines use teh same high voltage coils that the LT1/LT4;'s use, and they eat distributer caps/rotors. I change them every year and actually notice seat of the pants power improvements. Such a high voltage cannabalizes the contact points. Its one of the reasons that GM went with CNP in 1997 in the LS1. The 1st BBC to go CNP was the 1998 L21 which is pretty much a Vortec 454 but with CNP(Coil Near Plugs) and ETC(electronic Throttle control) then for MY2000 the L18 8.1 496 GEN 7 BBC came about.

IIRC there is an oil pressure/fuel pump switch on the drivers side of the
block on the 1996-1999 GMT 400(88-98) GM trucks.

ZR-1 Net Registry Member #1494
Hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014   #274
Schrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHanselman View Post
Just wondering...

Are you a corvette museum stalker? (Attempt at humor… for those of you trying to find if I broke any rules…)

Cheers,
That's 'MR. NCM Stalker SIR', to you.

Now, where's that 'TRole' Call / Ignore List Button here.............

Cheers TO 'ya!
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]

Last edited by Schrade; 03-05-2014 at 11:59 AM.
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014   #275
XfireZ51

Hog,

I used MSD components. Had a MSD 6A along w MSD HEI coil w Accel module.
Had good success w that. Drilled holes in cap to relieve ionization.
1984 Corvette Z-51/4+3 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Aqua/Gray #474 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Black Rose/Cognac #458
2014 Honda VFR Interceptor DX
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014   #276
Hog

Anyone have a live feed for the camera that actually shows the mancage at work? I am only able to get the other camera that shows the red pillar that blocks the actual view of the work.

thanks

Old 03-05-2014   #277
Hog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog View Post
Anyone have a live feed for the camera that actually shows the mancage at work? I am only able to get the other camera that shows the red pillar that blocks the actual view of the work.

thanks
This is the only 1 that works for me.

Old 03-05-2014   #278
RyanChappel

Default 40th Anniversary car at NCM..

There is a photo on the Buyavette (Atlanta) website of the 40th after it was pulled out of the sinkhole...every body panel is trashed, windshield and windshield frame is destroyed...full of dirt and gravel...what a shame..
RyanChappel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014   #279
Racinfan83

Well they just pulled the millionth Vette out. Said they had the opportunity so they went ahead and got it. Only one pic on the page you really can't tell what shape its in...
[CENTER][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=4][I][B] **Now Sold** 1990 ZR-1 #2093, Black on Black..[/B][/I][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
Racinfan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014   #280
grahambehan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racinfan83 View Post
Well they just pulled the millionth Vette out. Said they had the opportunity so they went ahead and got it. Only one pic on the page you really can't tell what shape its in...
That's cool one of the few LT1 cars that means something to me, I was at the plant as that car rolled off the line

Graham.
grahambehan is offline   Reply With Quote