ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 NCRS for ZR-1s

Old 04-05-2019   #31
precast1

Default Re: NCRS judging my 1990 ZR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMO343 View Post
I just went and check my spare. It does have the yellow crayon marking on it.
ZR1 and someone’s initials

John #2331
Can see mine there are two of them both trapped in the front suspension. Would have to take a good bit of the front suspension apart to get to them. I didn't know they were there the NCRS judges found them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using ZR-1 Net Registry mobile app
precast1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019   #32
Joelbbvette

That is how the Corvette Plant managed to get rid of paperwork with making more trash. :-)

Present Collection
1969 350/300 AC Convertible
1972 454 Coupe 2nd Owner
1988 KOH EX5006 - ZR-1 Prototype
1990 ZR-1 #277 NCRS Dave McLellan Award 2019
1994 Copper Convertible NCRS Dave Hill Award 2012
2001 Z06 122k miles

Joelbbvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019   #33
precast1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kr1276 View Post
John,

kr1276@aol.com

Thanks!

Keith

90 #331
Keith if you decide to have your car judged I do have a few extra things that may help. Yes, the judging sheets are on the NCRS website and I also would suggest to buy the judging manual it was a big help. Good luck hope you do it. I did the Chapter Meet first learned alot about what they were looking for. Then did the Regional Meet. Had a great experience from all the NCRS judges all they want to do is help you improve your car. Met a bunch of nice people and saw some amazing cars. Best of Luck.

Sent from my SM-G950U using ZR-1 Net Registry mobile app
precast1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019   #34
kr1276

[QUOTE=precast1;292050]Keith if you decide to have your car judged I do have a few extra things that may help. Yes, the judging sheets are on the NCRS website and I also would suggest to buy the judging manual it was a big help. Good luck hope you do it. I did the Chapter Meet first learned alot about what they were looking for. Then did the Regional Meet. Had a great experience from all the NCRS judges all they want to do is help you improve your car. Met a bunch of nice people and saw some amazing cars. Best of Luck.

Precast1,

Thanks for the offer! I have purchased the judging manual and have printed out the sheets to use to go over the car. I do plan on having it judged at the winter event at Lakeland next year. It is about as original as it can be with only 369 miles on it so I am quite sure it will pass but I personally wanted to fix some of the issues and once again familiarize myself with the car. I came out there this year while you and Joel were getting your cars judged. Joel's had been completed and you were busy trying to get ready. Joel had tried to get me to just bring it like it was but after being out there, I was quite content with my decision to wait until next year so I will definitely be reaching out for guidance and information. I also plan on attending the judging classes to get a better perspective.
It is amazing the number of things that quit working or deteriorated on the car while just sitting. I have read all the lists and I am a victim of most of the same things. I am going the extra mile and not trying to shortcut anything or detract from its original condition visibly except fuel injectors.

I have already replaced fuel pumps and drained out old fuel. The tank was really clean. I also went ahead and replaced the fuel sender. I have also replaced the headlamp gears and bushings. I have rebuilt the seat pumps and am now doing the seat bladders (the right way). Next up will be fuel injectors which I already have and then I will address the Bose system for the cd eject issue.

Keith
kr1276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019   #35
Mystic ZR-1

Sounds like you’ll be ready!
Good luck!
Be sure and ask them how many ZR-1s have
achieved a Top Flight.
NO! I won’t get over it... 😀
Mystic ZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019   #36
Joelbbvette

[QUOTE=kr1276;292083]
Quote:
Originally Posted by precast1 View Post
Keith if you decide to have your car judged I do have a few extra things that may help. Yes, the judging sheets are on the NCRS website and I also would suggest to buy the judging manual it was a big help. Good luck hope you do it. I did the Chapter Meet first learned alot about what they were looking for. Then did the Regional Meet. Had a great experience from all the NCRS judges all they want to do is help you improve your car. Met a bunch of nice people and saw some amazing cars. Best of Luck.

Precast1,

Thanks for the offer! I have purchased the judging manual and have printed out the sheets to use to go over the car. I do plan on having it judged at the winter event at Lakeland next year. It is about as original as it can be with only 369 miles on it so I am quite sure it will pass but I personally wanted to fix some of the issues and once again familiarize myself with the car. I came out there this year while you and Joel were getting your cars judged. Joel's had been completed and you were busy trying to get ready. Joel had tried to get me to just bring it like it was but after being out there, I was quite content with my decision to wait until next year so I will definitely be reaching out for guidance and information. I also plan on attending the judging classes to get a better perspective.
It is amazing the number of things that quit working or deteriorated on the car while just sitting. I have read all the lists and I am a victim of most of the same things. I am going the extra mile and not trying to shortcut anything or detract from its original condition visibly except fuel injectors.

I have already replaced fuel pumps and drained out old fuel. The tank was really clean. I also went ahead and replaced the fuel sender. I have also replaced the headlamp gears and bushings. I have rebuilt the seat pumps and am now doing the seat bladders (the right way). Next up will be fuel injectors which I already have and then I will address the Bose system for the cd eject issue.

Keith

Keith,

Glad you are coming along and please get your car judged at our Howie In the Hills show the Saturday before Thanksgiving. Will give you the first round of judging at a Chapter event and help you understand what is needed for the regional. Most of the judges at a regional are the same as at a National so if you do really well at the Regional, you should do REALLY well at the National. Anything I can do to help, just let me know.

Joel

Present Collection
1969 350/300 AC Convertible
1972 454 Coupe 2nd Owner
1988 KOH EX5006 - ZR-1 Prototype
1990 ZR-1 #277 NCRS Dave McLellan Award 2019
1994 Copper Convertible NCRS Dave Hill Award 2012
2001 Z06 122k miles

Joelbbvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019   #37
kr1276

Joel,

Thanks! That is the goal! Slowly whittling the list down.

Keith
kr1276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019   #38
DRM500RUBYZR-1

Remember one important thing...………..

It is supposed to be FUN!

Enjoy the preparation, the judging and the car!

Best of Luck!

Your hard work and preparation should get you what you want!

Just be sure to enjoy it all.

Marty
3 X chapter
1 X regional
equaled enough
DRM500RUBYZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote