ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 Members' Rides

Old 09-04-2017   #11
Vette73

Default Re: HOW TO POST A PHOTO OF YOUR ZR-1 ON THE SITE

Learning to finally post photos....I guess..

Sent from my LG-TP260 using ZR-1 Net Registry mobile app
Vette73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017   #12
Dynomite

Nice

You will notice this thread has the most recent Photobucket issues demanding a Photobucket Upgrade for 3rd Party Hosting. This photo I have posted is located in the Registry Albums which I no longer use Photobucket for any Forum (Registry or CF) Photos.

1. I copied your photo to my Laptop ZR1 Folder.
2...... Opened "Paint" on my Laptop.
3.......then opened this photo in "Paint" from my ZR1 Folder.
4.......resized the Photo using Pixel Resizing to 800x600 Pixels.
5.......saved photo replacing original photo.
6.......Logged in to ZR1 Registry and clicked on my ID.
7.......Opened my Photo Albums and selected Album AMP19 for experiments.
8.......Selected "Upload Pictures".
9.......Browsed my Laptop ZR1 Folder and selected the Newly Saved Photo.
10.....Left Clicked on "Upload Pictures".
11.....Left Clicked "Save Changes".
12.....Left Clicked Photo just uploaded.
13.....Right Clicked on Photo just Opened and selected Copy.
14.....Hit Edit on this post and pasted what I just copied.
15.....Placed [IMG] in front and [/IMG] behind what I just pasted.
16.....Saved Post.

Wew......I know, I know....sounds complicated....but so is removing the Plenum until you have done it a few times which I can now remove a Plenum in the time it took me to resize your photo for this post

Removing a Plenum has as many steps and is just as difficult to explain in writing.......left click....right click.......select......click....click or Drain......pull......lift......unscrew.....remove. .......tip.....Well....you get the point

The best Teacher would be a UTube Video which is what we have discussed recently (Jim and myself). That takes a Camera Person (besides myself) with experience in showing the minimum and essential steps of an otherwise complicated process.

An Example of a Video.......
Headlight door motor bushings Video

I recently replaced the Timing Belt on my Tacoma watching a UTube Video.
I did solve one extremely difficult issue which is removing the Harmonic Balancer Bolt originally torqued to 217 ft-Lbs. All the video suggested I purchase a special tool to hold the balancer

Well.....I used my large strap wrench with sandpaper wrapped around the Harmonic Balancer with strap wrench gripping the sandpaper wrapped Harmonic Balancer.....could work for LT5 with engine in car I guess

My socket wrench was a 2 ft long 3/4 inch with 19mm impact socket (along with my 3 ft 1 inch pipe). Worked Great with the 5 ft leverage

I did have to buy the 300 ft-lb 3/4 inch socket Torque wrench (3 ft long handle) from Harbor Freight ($79) to re-install the Balancer

Last edited by Dynomite; 09-05-2017 at 10:50 AM.
Dynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017   #13
Vette73

I don't know, its so much easier to post photos on the corvette forum...
Vette73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017   #14
Dynomite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette73 View Post
I don't know, its so much easier to post photos on the corvette forum...
Yes.....simply because you do not have to size the photos before you upload to the CF Photo Albums.

Differences between the Registry and CF Album Functions.

We do have Photo Album Capability on the Registry and on CF now (with 3rd Party Hosting). The Photo Albums on the Registry now allow up to maybe 400 photos. Corvette Forum has a Photo Album Storage Capacity of 400+ Photos. And.......using CF Forum Photo Albums is sooooooo easy sizing photos as you post..........CF Photo Albums functions

You will see the dimensions for each photo I Experimented tested are different. I use photo widths of 400, 600, and 800.

One example of a Photo Insert.......
([IM G][u rl]https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.corvetteforum.com-vbulletin/400x300-1/80-picture_php_pictureid_164659_1eb7e7d265d f47de66e0e117d87c54c1cd05fe5a.jpg[/url][/IMG])

You will see 400x300 for small size photo...you can just change that number to 800x600 for large size photo or any size you want....I use multiple of 400 and sometimes 600 for width. The photos will then show as you sized them when you save the post. Now that is SIMPLE....if in fact you see them as different sizes on your cell phone/computer? In other words you upload just one photo and as you post it you can size it as you like. Unlike Photobucket you have to resize photo on Photobucket (then two or three photos) to Post the one size you like.

Except on the ZR-1 Registry Forum I have to use PAINT to resize (pixels) photos before I upload as shown in previous post. The two Forums Albums function a bit different....on CF you can right click on photo to see Pixels under Properties. In Edit Mode on CF you can change pixels as you post.

On the Registry right clicking the photo does not show pixels but the photo number is shown which has been sized by photo number using PAINT before you upload ........It gets complicated but if you know how CF and Registry Photo Albums function....it is SIMPLE

FORUM ALBUMS AND RESIZING PHOTOS
Post 131 - Resizing Photos for Forum Posts and Creating Reference Links
Post 132 - Using Forum Photo Albums……Resizing photos

At the moment I am refurbishing Aluminum Wheels on a Toyota Tacoma.

1. Spray with Paint Remover to Remove Clear Coat.
2. Spray with Water to remove Paint Remover.
3. Sand with 220 which works best with a WET Wheel.
4. Sand with 400 wet wheel.
5. Sand with 600 wet wheel.
6. Using 1/4 drill.....polish using polisher paste.
Like New

Last edited by Dynomite; 09-05-2017 at 11:32 AM.
Dynomite is offline   Reply With Quote