ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > General > ZR-1 Net Registry Club News

Old 01-21-2011   #41
zr1mom

Default Re: Motorsport Park Pledge Drive

Again all decals for eveyone who has paid to date have been mailed.

We have just a few people left that still need to send in your checks. So if you haven't yet please do.

We're getting closer to hitting that $15K mark for 1 acre! We are still looking for members to contribute.

We had 1 member give $1,000!!

Thanks!
Mom
NCM Lifetime Member
zr1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011   #42
DaveK

How far off the 15k mark are we?
1991 #1516 Black/Black

davidmkelly.com

"Speed is often confused with insight." - Johan Cruijff
DaveK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011   #43
HAWAIIZR-1

Mom,

Mahalo. I received the decal today and love it.

Aloha,

Craig
1995 #228 Black/Black with Dunn Heads
ZR-1 owner since September 2003
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #0074
NCM Lifetime Member #2048

HAWAIIZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011   #44
XfireZ51

Mom,

Just sent my $25 in. After my off track adventure, I spoke with Adam Boca from NCM because my insurance was thru the NCM. Of course my claim
was denied by American whatever because I was drag racing which is expressly verboten in the policy T&Cs. Had I been on a public road, I would have been covered but be reponsible and go to a private venue with safety gear, then you're screwed. My point to Adam was that I had gone to a sanctioned Corvette event. Now the NCM is embarking on building a Motorsports park encouraging exactly the kind of driving that is excluded by the very insurance policies the NCM promotes and makes money off of.
Anybody see something wrong here?! If they're going to hold events at the park, there should be some kind of blanket coverage for Corvette owners,
maybe NCM members, to fill in the gap when participating at NCM sponsored events.
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011   #45
Aurora40

Hey Dom,

That sucks about your car. I'd just opine though that the insurance coverage is what it is. Unless the NCM ever suggested or stated it would cover your car during racing activities, I don't see why you would assume it did without checking the policy.

More generally, I don't believe any insurance companies will cover your car during competitive events. I think it is generally understood that if you put your car on a track, something bad could happen. Of course we all hope it doesn't, and take precautions to minimize the risk.

I wouldn't expect the NCM to have any sort of different insurance than any other race track in the country. If they are able to put together some kind of extra-cost race-day insurance though, it would certainly be nice.
Former owner of #2517

[IMG]http://a.random-image.net/aurora40/vette.jpg[/img]
Aurora40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011   #46
A1990

NCM does now offer race day coverage. Separate policy and I don't know the costs involved. Best to just check with Adam.
90 ZR-1 #2562 Atomic-Z
ZR-1 Net Registry Chairman of the Board
ZR-1 Net Registry Treasurer
A1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011   #47
zr1mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveK View Post
How far off the 15k mark are we?
Around $1,500.

Thanks!
Mom
NCM Lifetime Member
Old 01-22-2011   #48
zr1mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by XfireZ51 View Post
Mom,

Just sent my $25 in. After my off track adventure, I spoke with Adam Boca from NCM because my insurance was thru the NCM. Of course my claim
was denied by American whatever because I was drag racing which is expressly verboten in the policy T&Cs. Had I been on a public road, I would have been covered but be reponsible and go to a private venue with safety gear, then you're screwed. My point to Adam was that I had gone to a sanctioned Corvette event. Now the NCM is embarking on building a Motorsports park encouraging exactly the kind of driving that is excluded by the very insurance policies the NCM promotes and makes money off of.
Anybody see something wrong here?! If they're going to hold events at the park, there should be some kind of blanket coverage for Corvette owners,
maybe NCM members, to fill in the gap when participating at NCM sponsored events.

Thank you! But sorry to hear about off track adventure. Most if not all insurance companies are this way unfortunately. But you have brought up a good and one I will discuss with the NCM.

Mom
NCM Lifetime Member
Old 01-22-2011   #49
XfireZ51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora40 View Post
Hey Dom,

That sucks about your car. I'd just opine though that the insurance coverage is what it is. Unless the NCM ever suggested or stated it would cover your car during racing activities, I don't see why you would assume it did without checking the policy.

More generally, I don't believe any insurance companies will cover your car during competitive events. I think it is generally understood that if you put your car on a track, something bad could happen. Of course we all hope it doesn't, and take precautions to minimize the risk.

I wouldn't expect the NCM to have any sort of different insurance than any other race track in the country. If they are able to put together some kind of extra-cost race-day insurance though, it would certainly be nice.

I think you mis-read my post. I have known all along the coverage wasn't there. My point was that getting on the track is the responsible thing to do when compared to "competition driving" on the street. The insurance company is expressly not covering an instance that demonstrates someone's responsible concern for safety. I was not expecting to be covered but I wasn't expecting to crash either. The real point of my post is what Mom has picked up on. If you are an enhusiast establishment, like NCM, encouraging driving ur vehicles for what they were designed for in a responsible manner and with expert oversight, then you should expect these things to happen. And you should represent products/services that address these expected eventualities. Especially with the leverage an organization like NCM could have with an insurance company, coverages could be designed for our special needs, not just putting out "off the shelf" classic car insurance. Let's face it, nobody is going to drag race an Auburn Boattail, but a ZR-1 or other Corvette is a different story.
When I mentioned this to Adam, and to his credit, he said he had recognized this very gap particularly with the advent of the Motorsports Park and NCM sanctioned events.
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011   #50
Pete

Let me put it this way.

I buy a brand new ZR1 and go road racing,in the middle of the race a Yugo GT passes me now i'm really pissed off, heck i spend over $100k so i go after him and push my ZR1 to the limit just to pass that darn Yugo GT and since i know i'm insured i'll push it even further and further heck if i crash they will buy me a new ZR1, so i crash and total it, insurance buys a new ZR1 next day i'm back at the track that Yugo GT is there this time i will show him who's boss and boom total the second ZR1.
So by the end of the season maybe i would go thru 10 ZR1's what do i care insurance is paying and i will drive it like i stole it, maybe worse.

All because of that darn Yugo GT

Got my sticker yesterday.
Pete
'91 #1635 PoloGreen 350 LT5
11.09 @ 129.27
11.04 @ 128.86
474RWHP 400RWTQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFNFOhGGlR4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlRIOMwaDYY
https://sites.google.com/site/peteszr1garage

Last edited by Pete; 01-22-2011 at 01:29 PM.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote