ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > Cleaning and Waxing

Old 05-23-2007   #11
Peaven

Default Re: Adam's Polishes Giveaway!!

Thanks Dale, looking fwd to trying your product out.
'94 ABZ Lucky #13-SOLD
Peaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007   #12
GOLDCYLON

Smile Re: Adam's Polishes Giveaway!!

Detail Spray arrived yesterday Wow that was fast thanks!! But im heistant to use it without the kit . So when I get home tonight I plan on putting my 10% discount to work on a kit to try it out. Dont laugh the detail spray even smells good, cant wait to try it out.

Does the $129 kit include the conditioner for those pesky swirls? I feel some claybar soreness coming on lol.

Goldcylon
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007   #13
Dale@Adams

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDCYLON
Detail Spray arrived yesterday Wow that was fast thanks!! But im heistant to use it without the kit . So when I get home tonight I plan on putting my 10% discount to work on a kit to try it out. Dont laugh the detail spray even smells good, cant wait to try it out.

Does the $129 kit include the conditioner for those pesky swirls? I feel some claybar soreness coming on lol.

Goldcylon
Hello Goldcylon,

Thanks for the kind words and for a shot at your business!

The $129.00 Deluxe Detail Bag Essentials Kit comes with all of the products necessary to polish and wax your vehilce. That means it includes our Swirl and Haze Remover for the removal of those pesky swirls marks.

If you have any questions about any of the individual products or how to use them, please let me know.

Thanks!!
[URL="http://www.adamspolishes.com"]www.adamspolishes.com[/URL]
[COLOR=Red][B]Please email as I do not check PMs as often.[/B][/COLOR]
Dale@Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007   #14
bldavis11

Goldy,

You're probably going to need more than just an Adam's product for the swirls. Most of these compounds need a lot more work to breakdown appropriately that your hands can deliver. Look into getting a Porter Cable random orbital buffer/sander. You purchase a backing plate and polishing pads to go with it and then apply the polish with that combination. The PC is a very mild machine as far as Corvette clear coats is concerned, so you don't need to worry about inducing holograms or buffer marks.
bldavis11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007   #15
Dale@Adams

Great point bldavis11!!

Our products can be used by hand or in conjuction with the Porter Cable 7424 D/A Polisher. The polisher makes swirl removal and polishing an absolute breeze. We have 2 two-sided German made Durafoam Pads that offer great results for swirl removal. There is no way you can burn or damage your finish using the D/A polisher.

To check out the Polisher and our exclusive 2-Sided Quick Release Pad System, CLICK HERE.

Thanks !!!
Old 05-25-2007   #16
Hammer

Talking Re: Adam's Polishes Giveaway!!

Dale,

I was one of the lucky winners and I got the Detail Spray today. I tried it on my '97 Chevy truck and am impressed. The surface feels like it has been waxed. The faded door handles came up nice and black and it even took a blueish haze off the black mirrors. Damn, I'll be putting an order in very soon.

Thanks again for the Detail Spray.

John
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][I]2015 ZL1 [/I][I]Camaro #1121 BLACK/BLACK 6 SPD (540 RWHP)[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]
[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1]1991 ZR-1 #458 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK 72[/COLOR]k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])
1991 ZR-1 #473 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK [/COLOR]37k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007   #17
Dale@Adams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer
Dale,

I was one of the lucky winners and I got the Detail Spray today. I tried it on my '97 Chevy truck and am impressed. The surface feels like it has been waxed. The faded door handles came up nice and black and it even took a blueish haze off the black mirrors. Damn, I'll be putting an order in very soon.

Thanks again for the Detail Spray.

John
Hi John,

Thanks for the kind words and I am glad to hear our Detail Spray is working good for you!! Be sure to try it on your glass and chrome surfaces as well.

Please let me know if you have any questions about our products and if you do decide to place an order with us, be sure to use the discount code 'ZR1' to recieve 10% off your order.

Thanks again John and have a great Memorial Day Weekend!!
Old 05-25-2007   #18
GOLDCYLON

Smile Re: Adam's Polishes Giveaway!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bldavis11
Goldy,

You're probably going to need more than just an Adam's product for the swirls. Most of these compounds need a lot more work to breakdown appropriately that your hands can deliver. Look into getting a Porter Cable random orbital buffer/sander. You purchase a backing plate and polishing pads to go with it and then apply the polish with that combination. The PC is a very mild machine as far as Corvette clear coats is concerned, so you don't need to worry about inducing holograms or buffer marks.

BL ! I took you advise and bought the PC essentials kit. It comes with the buffer order #101288 so Dale if your reading this Im going to give your product the full workout and yes I took the ZR1 discount. Hopefully I will be back for more and will pickup one of those bag thingys And BL I was a little hesistant about the buffer how did you know. Daryll
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007   #19
Dale@Adams

Daryll,

Thanks so much for your recent purchase with Adam's Polishes!!! I know you will love our line of goods. Please let us know how our products work out for you.

If you have any questions once you recieve your kit, please let me know. E-mail me or better yet ring my cell, (410)-960-2120, for real-time assistance.

Thanks again for giving our products a shot!!!
Old 05-26-2007   #20
bldavis11

Daryll,

I haven't used those pads before, so I can't make any serious recommendations. Here's my advice though.

Figure out what "cut" each color pad is. You can do this by just squeezing the pads between your fingers. The firmer the pads, the more aggressive the cut. With the most popular brand of polishing pads, Lake Country, the color codes from weakest to strongest cut are, in order, black-white-orange-yellow. There might be a blue in there, but it isn't commonly used in the Lake Country pad word. Select the medium cut pad.

Make certain your car is washed and clayed before starting the polishing process. I rinse the car after I've clayed. Be certain to use lots of "lube" while your attacking the contamination with the clay. Any good Quick Detailer will work just fine.

Apply a small amount of the product to the bottom of the pad. I like to make a star shape with the polish onto the pad. Without turning the machine on, spread the product onto the surface of the car. You should be working in sections no larger than 2' x 2', so smear the product in that general size.

Turn on the PC to speed 3 and make a few quick passes across the section you are working. You're just spreading the product evenly at this stage.

Crank up the PC to 5 or 5.5 and work the product into the section. First start with overlapping horizontal passes, then move to overlapping vertical passes. I usually then go diagonal in one direction till the opposite corner, the starting in an adjacent corner work across the section in an opposing diagonal path. This way I've covered the area completely 4 times. The product should be starting to dust off at this point. Take a good microfiber towel and wipe off the excess.

It took 3 passes with Menzerna Intensive Polish, an orange Lake Country pad (their medium cut), and a PC on 5.5 followed by two passes with Menzerna's Final Polish-II on a white pad at 5.5 to achieve 98%+ swirl and scratch removal. The defects that were not removed probably never could be without wet sanding or a total repaint.

One last thing, don't forget to protect/seal the newly polished paint with a quality "last step product." Natural carnuba waxes or polymer sealents like Rejex and the Zaino product line are popular choices, but there are many many others.

PM me or post any questions you have.

Ben
bldavis11 is offline   Reply With Quote