ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 01-02-2008   #1
32valvZ

Default Exterior/interior combo ?

I have learned that there were no records on the color combos for 90-93. While it would be more of a daunting task to figure out the 90-91 because of their higher production numbers....would there be anyway to try to figure out the combos on my 92?

Any suggestions on a methodical approach to figuring this out would be welcome. Do I really need to go ask all the 502 people who have a 92 what their combo is???
32valvZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008   #2
Nick

Default Re: Exterior/interior combo ?

A number of years ago Art Wong did a painstaking hand tally of the '94 and '95 color combos. He did it at a GM dealership's computer terminal, and yes, it was all done by hand. So who's got an extra 6 months with nothing to do?
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #32 - lapsed...
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008   #3
Jeffvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32valvZ
I have learned that there were no records on the color combos for 90-93. While it would be more of a daunting task to figure out the 90-91 because of their higher production numbers....would there be anyway to try to figure out the combos on my 92?

Any suggestions on a methodical approach to figuring this out would be welcome. Do I really need to go ask all the 502 people who have a 92 what their combo is???
Well, it doesn't take that long. Let me see how quickly I can go through about 20 of the 93 cars. Problem is the system only contains details to a certain point.

Last edited by Jeffvette; 01-02-2008 at 11:47 PM.
Old 01-02-2008   #4
Jeffvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffvette
Well, it doesn't take that long. Let me see how quickly I can go through about 20 of the 93 cars. Problem is thesystem only contains details to a certain point.
Well, I ran VINs P5800001 through P5800020 and got no hits. I grabbed a few off the registry site and off of ebay and got no hits. I used my vin and a few new Z06's and got results, so the system is working.

Last edited by Jeffvette; 01-02-2008 at 11:47 PM.
Old 01-02-2008   #5
Z Factor

Lightbulb Re: Exterior/interior combo ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick
A number of years ago Art Wong did a painstaking hand tally of the '94 and '95 color combos. He did it at a GM dealership's computer terminal, and yes, it was all done by hand. So who's got an extra 6 months with nothing to do?
Indeed Art did a great job. I had called him a while back and he even offered to help out for the other years, but it was predicated on me getting a friend at a dealership to allow me access. The trouble was that he switched dealers and no longer had that type of clout with his new boss.

Can it be done? The answer is yes, but it will take some effort for the high production years.
Z Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008   #6
Jeffvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Factor
Indeed Art did a great job. I had called him a while back and he even offered to help out for the other years, but it was predicated on me getting a friend at a dealership to allow me access. The trouble was that he switched dealers and no longer had that type of clout with his new boss.

Can it be done? The answer is yes, but it will take some effort for the high production years.
It's better when you have access at home.... like I do
Old 01-02-2008   #7
Z Factor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffvette
It's better when you have access at home.... like I do
Well since you live in the NW you should have plenty of extra time on your hands to compile the data.
Z Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008   #8
GOLDCYLON

Quote:
Well since you live in the NW you should have plenty of extra time on your hands to compile the data.

Yeah Jeff sits on his hands all the time
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008   #9
GOLDCYLON

Quote:

Arts a nice guy, I remember some knucklehead challenged him on his data about a year ago. I guess some folks dont reslise how many manhours go into a research project like this. There always a 1% personality out there a real Richard Cranium type. I hope he picks up another Z and comes back to us soon. GC
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008   #10
32valvZ

I have started to work on it myself! I realize it will take time, but gathering information from here, Ebay, and any other for sale outlets will help. So far I have 72 figured out mostly because of this site. I did find 3 new ones just last night & sent emails to 7 others asking for their combo's.

BTW, I only have enough motavation to look into the 92's......I'll be lucky to get 200. Guess what though......so far, aside from mine, there are no other Bright Red/Gray cars out of the 72 cars I have.
32valvZ is offline   Reply With Quote