ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Racing > Personal Racing Stories

Old 08-07-2011   #1
lbszr

Default Putnam Park

Caught on video, the old Z is trying to keep up with a 2008 Viper, with about 150 more rwhp. I know it doesn't seem too fair, but she didn't do too bad, unless you count the 92 degree heat getting to her and causing me to back off for self preservation, but I edited that out of course. There was a BMW M5 behind me, they seem to be no slouch. The Beamer and Viper both had Hoosier's and I had 4 year old NT-01's, and my driving........just trying to point out my handicaps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCWEASYR7jk

On the straight stretches, I could pull on the Beamer, and turns seemed about equal. Straight-aways were a different story with the viper. Wonder how the stroked offset regrind lt5 would hold up on the track

Last edited by lbszr; 08-08-2011 at 08:24 PM.
lbszr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011   #2
evl_twn

Default Re: Putnam Park

What lap times were you running?
evl_twn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011   #3
FU

Be proud. You did well !

NCM Lifetime member # 982
Registry Founding # 237
FU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011   #4
lbszr

Quote:
Originally Posted by evl_twn View Post
What lap times were you running?
I never have time it. I'll get it timed next time I go if I get the chance.
Old 08-11-2011   #5
evl_twn

I've not been on the track in a car, but I've done a bunch of motorcycle track days there. I can run pretty consistent 1:19's, just wondering what the car lap times were. I have some video from on the bike from a couple of years ago if anyone's interested.
Old 08-11-2011   #6
lbszr

Quote:
I've not been on the track in a car, but I've done a bunch of motorcycle track days there. I can run pretty consistent 1:19's, just wondering what the car lap times were. I have some video from on the bike from a couple of years ago if anyone's interested.
I used the editing software timer in the video(if thats accurate), the lap posted I came up with 1.24.22. The lap following that one was 1.23.12. I found some other 1.23's.

Most of the good times I've seen are on Hoosier's, 1.15 has been done on Hoosier A6's, c5, with over 100 more hp than me, and driven by a national champ. I think 1.20's is a respectable number.(and my new goal). I see a suspension spring upgrade this winter.

Sure.....post the video. I always thought a bike would be a blast on the track, I think the fear factor would prevent any good timed laps from me though.
Old 08-11-2011   #7
evl_twn

I don't have much that's recent, I went through several cameras and am now using the GoPro HD, this was back in 2006 using a Sony helmet cam plugged into a camcorder that I had in a tankbag .

I was still in the intermediate group at the time (advanced now), but I would guess lap times are probably 1:22 range. I've picked up a few seconds, but it's rough trying to shave even more time. I haven't been to Putnam since last October, I'd like to go back once more before the year's out.

This was on a 2004 Honda CBR1000RR, the camera was mounted just above the front wheel so you'll see the upper fairing above the cam, and the front fender below. It's a pretty boring vid, there's not that many people out on the track. I think this was one of the last sessions of the day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7XFX7sao_w
Old 08-11-2011   #8
lbszr

Quote:
I don't have much that's recent, I went through several cameras and am now using the GoPro HD, this was back in 2006 using a Sony helmet cam plugged into a camcorder that I had in a tankbag .

I was still in the intermediate group at the time (advanced now), but I would guess lap times are probably 1:22 range. I've picked up a few seconds, but it's rough trying to shave even more time. I haven't been to Putnam since last October, I'd like to go back once more before the year's out.

This was on a 2004 Honda CBR1000RR, the camera was mounted just above the front wheel so you'll see the upper fairing above the cam, and the front fender below. It's a pretty boring vid, there's not that many people out on the track. I think this was one of the last sessions of the day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7XFX7sao_w
That's a good video. You would probably be bored out there in a car, but let me know if you want to take your Z some time. I only made it out once this year, but hope to pick the pace up. Sept. 3rd is the next one and Maybe MidOhio Sept. 19th.