lbszr

Default Magnussen unhurt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BwXugrQXaM

1/2 speed
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ead_1253740212
Old 10-16-2009   #2
1990 415

Default Re: Magnussen unhurt

I was at the race on saturday and saw the crash live. I was standing right behind the C6R pit crew for the last 20 laps. They were furious with Burgmeister for causing Jan to crash like that and destroy the #3 car. I got pictures of the carnage right after it came off the track on the tow truck. Expect some serious payback at Sebring next March.
1990 415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009   #3
tomtom72

I know I don't know the rules. To me on the second pass attempt it sure looked like the 45 car didn't have to pinch the 3 into the wall? I think that if the 45 wanted to block the 3, he should have started sooner? I guess I would have been fired if I was driving the 45. I obviously don't understand the meaning of "just a close racing incident"?

The way I see it, the 45 pinched the 3 and the 3 was able to get by. The 45 pinched the 3 into the wall even after the 3 had at least his front fender past the front fender of the 45. That last pinch is what turned the 3 because the 45 "released" the 3, and that is what spun the 3 across the track?
1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
tomtom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009   #4
RICHARD TILL

I don`t know the rules of this type racing either but it looks like the #3 car got what he deserved. Did he not try to pull a dirty Earnhardt tatic and bump the #45 in the curve on the last lap?
RICHARD TILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009   #5
tomtom72

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmeyv...eature=related

check this one out. It is a normal speed vid and then a slow motion vid of the same showing....well you look Rich and decide.

I kind of thought that the color guys jumped the gun about the bump in the corner before the pit straight when I was watching on TV. To me it looked like if the 3 was going to do what Dale used to do, the 3 would have not checked up as hard? And I thought that the 45 checked up at the exit to foil the 3's designs? JMHO

Tom
1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
Old 10-18-2009   #6
RICHARD TILL

You`re right Tom. I missed the #3 car checking up so hard on my first view. Earnhardt would have done it a bit differently. The other car would`nt have had a chance to pin him against the wall like that either.
Old 10-18-2009   #7
LGAFF

I am thinking next year will be very interesting!
90 #966-150K miles-sold
92 #234-sold
1987 Callaway TT #17
1991 ZR-1 #1359
LGAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009   #8
tomtom72

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICHARD TILL View Post
You`re right Tom. I missed the #3 car checking up so hard on my first view. Earnhardt would have done it a bit differently. The other car would`nt have had a chance to pin him against the wall like that either.
Hey Rich, remember the night race at Bristol when Dale pushed Terry across the stripe? Man, that is how you would get "bumped" by Dale if he wanted to move you.

To me the 45 knew that the 3 had more low end off of the last turn. I think the 45 did a little trail braking just to force the 3 to hit the brakes just as he was going to gas it at the exit. It was hard to catch in normal speed on TV. I thought the color guys were too quick in saying that the 3 put the bumper to the 45. I was thinking why is the 3 on the brakes, he should be gassing it to the outside? I know I saw the 3's front dip under braking in real time. I know I noticed the 45's rear get high(er) on weight transfer and was thinking wtf is he doing. But the color guys were yelling about the 3 hitting the 45 at the exit.....they distracted me thinking about what I thought I saw!

I also thought that the 45 ran the 3 wide in a previous overtaking try back a few turns. The 3 tried to take an outside move and the 45 "drifted" his rear wide....I say that's fair as (JMHO) the 3 is responsible for "giving room" if taking the outside route in that situation. I'm proly wrong on that, but if I'm going around the outside I don't want to take the chance of getting pushed off the track.

JMHO, I don't think there will be any "rubbing" next year. I believe if the vette team gets the chassis sorted out properly....and don't get too many "competetion adjsutments in the interest of fair play"....the vettes will have a distinct advantage in grunt off of the low speed corners. I still think that Jan would have driven past off of the last corner on the outside if 45 hadn't done that trail braking....it was a smart move on his part though because he suspected the vette had more low end and might have gotten by on that corner's exit...maybe?

Old 10-18-2009   #9
RICHARD TILL

Tom, I don`t remember that particular incident but i can sure recall plenty other times. I was`nt an Earnhardt fan at all. For the last 20 years or so myself and about 15 friends get a nascar board going for nearly every race. The car that i had drawn might be in the lead on the last lap and i`d be counting my winnings. Here would come #3 and you know what happened next? I`d get bumped in a turn and one of my buddies would get the money. It would be nice to bring him back and see how he could run with today`s drivers. By the way, in two weeks i`ll be sitting right out of turn 4 on the top row at Talladega. Sure hope the weather is nice. We`ll be lucky if its not cold.
Old 10-18-2009   #10
gbrtng

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990 415 View Post
I was at the race on saturday and saw the crash live. I was standing right behind the C6R pit crew for the last 20 laps. They were furious with Burgmeister for causing Jan to crash like that and destroy the #3 car. I got pictures of the carnage right after it came off the track on the tow truck. Expect some serious payback at Sebring next March.
Magnussen is a clean driver - he just dove into the last turn too hard and nudged Burgmeister, probably not on purpose. Burgmeister running the Corvette into the fence was payback but totally uncalled for.