ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2018   #31
32valvesftw

Default Re: Considering selling the beast ....

Nice car Randy definitely worth the money and more.
Old 12-19-2018   #32
zr1assassin

Ya I would say (and you may agree in hindsight) you let that one go on the cheap side
Old 12-19-2018   #33
Vette Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy ransome View Post
I sold this car one year ago for $23,800, 1991 with 27,000 miles

Attachment 8750

That was one heck of a ZR-1. You forgot the custom interior and incredible paint. No expense spared. Celebrity Choice car at BG. I know there was over 100 hours put into polishing that motor. Nothing on that car was left alone - shifted like butter. I felt like buckshot coming out of the hole in that car. It was fast!

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry
91 ZR-1 #2016
95 ZR-1 #21 DRM-600, LPE 385
Old 12-19-2018   #34
G8nightman

I would guess 20 to 27

90 Chevy ZR1 LPE #2315 'SOLD'
90 Chevy ZR1 LPE #2774 'SOLD'
91 Chevy ZR1 Callaway aerobody
91 Chevy ZR1 #1512
91 Chevy ZR1 #951
95 Chevy ZR1 #338 'SOLD'
91 BMW 850i
94 BMW 850csi
95 BMW 850csi
94 Lotus Esprit S4
07 Benz CLS550
06 BMW M5 "SOLD"
Old 12-19-2018   #35
randy ransome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette Guy View Post
That was one heck of a ZR-1. You forgot the custom interior and incredible paint. No expense spared. Celebrity Choice car at BG. I know there was over 100 hours put into polishing that motor. Nothing on that car was left alone - shifted like butter. I felt like buckshot coming out of the hole in that car. It was fast!

Thanks Mark, yeah it is a great car I hated selling it but I ran out of room to put cars. I thought about buying it back. It's for sale again in Oklahoma.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=226752140

Old 12-19-2018   #36
Vette Guy

Wish you wouldn’t have sent that! Same, would love to have it.... ran out of room a while ago, now renting a garage space for ‘overflow!’ I just sent it to Ken as well.... love to see it back in town! Dealer has no idea what he has.

91 ZR-1 #2016
95 ZR-1 #21 DRM-600, LPE 385
Old 12-20-2018   #37
Vette73

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy ransome View Post
Thanks Mark, yeah it is a great car I hated selling it but I ran out of room to put cars. I thought about buying it back. It's for sale again in Oklahoma.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=226752140

I remember when gateway classics was advertising your Z.....Impressive build....Looks like that dealership has some high end cars for sale...
Old 12-20-2018   #38
Vette73

Quote:
Originally Posted by zr1assassin View Post
Oh I have no idea, this is purely me guessing just based on ones I've seen in the past go for. I hope all of us get more😁 that would be awesome. I'm just trying to be realistic in my expectations
I purchased my 91 back in Nov of 14....Impulse buy, actually bought it sight unseen.....Knew really not much about the LT-5.....When the car came off the trailer it was exactly as advertised...Been a solid car since and I modded it to my liking- fully ported, exhaust, cams,etc....

With that I have followed pricing of these cars since day one, I walk around at work with a iPad all day so its easy....

EBay has the highest asking prices along w DuPont registry.....Dealers often are higher than private owners...
To me from what I see you have one of the finest Z's out there and its enthusiast owned which to me,helps...
Since you didn't buy it that long ago and its obvious you made it better, I personally wouldn't ask a lower price than what I paid..
Good luck if you decide to sell...
Old 12-20-2018   #39
zr1assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette73 View Post
I purchased my 91 back in Nov of 14....Impulse buy, actually bought it sight unseen.....Knew really not much about the LT-5.....When the car came off the trailer it was exactly as advertised...Been a solid car since and I modded it to my liking- fully ported, exhaust, cams,etc....

With that I have followed pricing of these cars since day one, I walk around at work with a iPad all day so its easy....

EBay has the highest asking prices along w DuPont registry.....Dealers often are higher than private owners...
To me from what I see you have one of the finest Z's out there and its enthusiast owned which to me,helps...
Since you didn't buy it that long ago and its obvious you made it better, I personally wouldn't ask a lower price than what I paid..
Good luck if you decide to sell...
Thanks. I'll probably ask around low $30k's and see if I get any interest, that might be the determinant factor of if I sell it or keep it. Its paid for and I have a big garage so no hurry.
Old 12-20-2018   #40
KILLSHOTS

Difficult to gauge the value on this car. The stuff you've done to it is very cool and obviously expensive. But the issue is that you've gone personal and extremely unique with the mods, which greatly narrows the market for your car. Ironically, in spending money and adding character, you've arguably made it harder to sell. It's easy to speak about stock cars in terms of, "what are they worth?" Once you start modding them to your personal taste, the intrinsic value question is out the window and it comes down to, "what is someone willing to pay?" I had the same issues with mine; for instance, I loved my black salad shooter wheels but nobody else did. The car looks MEAN...good luck with it!
Closed Thread