ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 03-06-2020   #11
Ccmano

Default Re: Coming back.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Jeff=- View Post
Thanks.. I always think I should just sell mine, but then I would not know what to replace it with. not only that each version C4,C5 etc have their own issues..
Been there done that, I had 2 C6’s and a C3 between ZR-1’s. For me, at least, there is simply nothing as appealing as a C4 ZR-1. Sure, if I had the money I’d have other Corvettes. But if I only have one, it has to be a Z!
H
90'ZR-1 #1461 Red/Black
Ported Intake, Degreed Cams, OBX Headers & Exhaust, Fidanza FW, Secondary Delete, Custom tune, C6 GS Wheels. Sold
08 C6 Z51 Crystal Red Metallic Sold Vararam Intake, Tune, Sold
05 C6 Z51 Red/Black Sold
90'ZR-1 #1723 Black/Gray Sold but not forgotten
91' Z51 L98 White Vert. My First, you always remember your first. Sold.
Ccmano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020   #12
Vetman

I own a gorgeous c-1, and a 2011 CTS-v with a manual, and my z. My z is worth the least but if I could keep only one it would be the z. Love the history and nothing drives like a z.
2011 cts-v 556 HP, manual 6 speed
1955 chev 2dr ht PP 265 3 speed w/OD
Vetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020   #13
xxxscimitarxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by billschroeder5842 View Post
I will be out that way late afternoon tomorrow. I'll swing by and drive the staff wild while I give it a through inspection.

You could help me with anything specific you want me to look at along with a broader look?
Thank you Bill.... I hope I’m not putting you to too much trouble.... as for specifics .... pretty much looking to understand the works I should get done before it got shipped.... buying a car sight unseen and it arrives with jobs needing doing that could have been more easily done in the USA Is always the biggest issue.... even just getting the parts put in the car before it’s shipped is better than having to ship them separately .... stuff like tires weather seals brake work etc
xxxscimitarxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020   #14
FU

The automatic car has a NOS system on it.

I'd check out the classifieds to get a known good car from a club member and then ship it. But that's just my opinion.

NCM Lifetime member # 982
Registry Founding # 237

Last edited by FU; 03-07-2020 at 06:11 PM.
FU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020   #15
xxxscimitarxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by FU View Post
The automatic car has a NOS system on it.

I'd check out the classifieds to get a known good car from a club member and then ship it. But that's just my opinion.
i would go that route if something came up for my budget....obviously this auto car is a bit of an oddity
Old 03-08-2020   #16
billschroeder5842

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxscimitarxxx View Post
Thank you Bill.... I hope I’m not putting you to too much trouble.... as for specifics .... pretty much looking to understand the works I should get done before it got shipped.... buying a car sight unseen and it arrives with jobs needing doing that could have been more easily done in the USA Is always the biggest issue.... even just getting the parts put in the car before it’s shipped is better than having to ship them separately .... stuff like tires weather seals brake work etc
David,

I visited the car yesterday and was able to crawl around it. I did take a few pictures (different than the ones posted by the dealer) but can't seem to find my USB cable. I'll upload as soon as I find it. In the mean time here are my subjective observations;

BLUF (Bottom line up front) This is a reasonably clean "driver" with a few notable defects that need attention. This car would not scare me off but then again I'm not shipping half way around the world. Since this car has had some modifications, you may find a few surprises.

Engine 8.0 The engine started and idled as it should with nothing sounding funny. The passengerside of the engine has a fair size oild leak dripping on the headers as it began to smoke. My guess is that the valve covers are leaking, There is NOS routing lines. There was no way for me to know if the system worked,

Trans, drive train 9.0. Obviously this has had a automatic trans modification so I noticed that there is no Dual Mass Fly wheel noise. We only moved the car a few feet but there was no noise shifting P-N-D or U joint noise I could hear.

AC/HVAC 9.5 All worked very well- cold AC. No telling if it was converted, All setting worked as they should.

Brakes ? No way to tell as we just pulled a few feet. But stopped and made no noise.

Dash/instrument cluster 5.0 All analogue gauges worked but the center cluster has very (very) faint letter.s almost blank. My guess is Batee is in your future.

Tires and Wheel 10.0 New Good with a 4218 build date. Wheels clean.

Cooling System 9.5 At idle and low revs everything seemed in order with no leaks.

Interior 9.0 The roll bar is a professional install. The driver side bolster has scuffs, but everything else is in good condition.

Accessories 10 everything works. No way to test the FX3, but no light

Stereo 10 Bose is working

Exhaust 10

Under carriage 9.0 Seems good.

Suspension ? No way to test but car sit normal and seems to have original bilstein shocks

Glass 9.5 Normal delamination on windshield with the rest good.

Seats 9.0 all moved (F, R, Up, DWN) as they should

Carpet 9.0 the foot wells are good but there is a hole about the side of a half dollar under the steering column on the knee bolster. My guess is that it was for the paddle shifter (now removed) cables.

Paint 5.0 This IS the problem with the car. There are a couple of big (playing card sized) peeling spots on the rear deck near the back window that have been "repaired" bt "smearing" touch up paint over the areas. Clearly noticeable. The rest of the paint needs a lot of buffing as it is faded. This car is a candidate for a repaint but is currently presenatable.

MISC-
Window sweeps are in good condition
Will need a new drivers side headlight motor as it is clicking badley
The car history said it was hit in the rear years ago. I crawled around under the car and could not find any evidence and the body panel alignment is normal.

I spoke with the sales guy and said he is confident the local owner would take 15K.

Please let me know if there is anything else I could do for you.

1991 Corvette ZR1 #1388
2015 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker

billschroeder5842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020   #17
xxxscimitarxxx

Bill......thank you so much....i dont know how to repay you for the time and effort it took to not only see it but to write it up......would love to send you a good bottle of something as a gesture of my appreciation.....
Old 03-09-2020   #18
billschroeder5842

No worries, glad to help a ZR1 fan!

Some of the photos I promised...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3094.jpg (118.2 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3095.jpg (131.1 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3096.jpg (133.2 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3097.jpg (114.8 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3098.jpg (171.9 KB, 22 views)

1991 Corvette ZR1 #1388

Old 03-09-2020   #19
billschroeder5842

More...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3099.jpg (153.8 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3101.jpg (127.2 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3102.jpg (155.8 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3104.jpg (72.7 KB, 32 views)

1991 Corvette ZR1 #1388

Old 03-09-2020   #20
Zman

Bill offered to do the same thing for me a few months ago for the same car. I decided to pass on the car. Thanks Bill for being a true supporter of the C4 ZR1! Your assessment was over the top! I had no idea you would provide such a thorough description. Not many people would put as much effort into an evaluation of a car with no incentive. Thanks again for the great review Bill.
Zman is offline   Reply With Quote