ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 12-08-2017   #1
mgbrv8

Default Classic car insurance??

First question, those of you that have it would you recommend it. I don’t put 5000 miles on my car year so I think I qualify. I’m also curious to hear of any of you that have submitted a claim with classic insurance. I’d like to know if it is more difficult to complete the claim then with ordinary insurance. Or if you feel that you were well compensated or under compensated. And finally which ones would you recommend And why?

Dave
mgbrv8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017   #2
Z51JEFF

Default Re: Classic car insurance??

I’ve got Collector Car Insurance on 2 Cars. I did have Leland-West years ago which is a broker for A.M.I.G. and had a claim on a 64 Nova and A.M.IG. did everything possible to keep from paying of the full claim,accident not my fault. Then I had Haggerty, they raised my rates after the Russo and Steel nightmare in Arizona so I canceled with them and went with CCI. 12 month premium is $350 @$40,000 agreed value on my Z and $15,000 agreed value on my Nova Convertible.
Z51JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017   #3
RodB

I’ve had classic car insurance since ‘84 with several companies. Started with condon & skelly then switched to haggarty simply to save $$. In all these years I never had a claim but figured my first claim would be the only one they would ever pay. A good friends C5 ran away from home unattended last July crosssed the street and ended up in his neighbors house. He had NCM insurance. They totaled his car and he had the check before Carlysle. He found aa C6 on Friday and brought it home. After all that’s what you do with “Corvette Money”. I decided to check thier rates and found that for the exact same coverage I could save over $300 yearly over hagerty. They even have a discount for being a museum member so you can support the museum and save $$. Win win. I dealt with Adam who was quite helpful and knowledgeable about our cars and the folks that drive them. I don’t recommend much but give them a call. I think you will be pleased with what they can do. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry
RodB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017   #4
DRM500RUBYZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodB View Post
I’ve had classic car insurance since ‘84 with several companies. Started with condon & skelly then switched to haggarty simply to save $$. In all these years I never had a claim but figured my first claim would be the only one they would ever pay. A good friends C5 ran away from home unattended last July crosssed the street and ended up in his neighbors house. He had NCM insurance. They totaled his car and he had the check before Carlysle. He found aa C6 on Friday and brought it home. After all that’s what you do with “Corvette Money”. I decided to check thier rates and found that for the exact same coverage I could save over $300 yearly over hagerty. They even have a discount for being a museum member so you can support the museum and save $$. Win win. I dealt with Adam who was quite helpful and knowledgeable about our cars and the folks that drive them. I don’t recommend much but give them a call. I think you will be pleased with what they can do. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry

Well said, and quite true!
Having tried most all over 30 years, it's NCM for me, and everyone that asks me that question.
The carrier is important, but the agent / agency is what makes the difference for me!
Adam, Bobbie Jo and all of their staff are simply the best to work with!
I would pay more for the quality of service that they provide, but guess what? They have saved me quite a bit over the years!
All of that, and it is also supporting the Museum!
Have no fear switching to a classic or collector stated value policy. You will likely have far better coverage than through your regular carrier, particularly the stated value security rather than diminished value of a regular policy.
You will also save money, and better yet, deal with great people.
Nothing else to think about.
NCM!
Marty
DRM500RUBYZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017   #5
Ccmano

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM500RUBYZR-1 View Post
Well said, and quite true!
Having tried most all over 30 years, it's NCM for me, and everyone that asks me that question.
The carrier is important, but the agent / agency is what makes the difference for me!
Adam, Bobbie Jo and all of their staff are simply the best to work with!
I would pay more for the quality of service that they provide, but guess what? They have saved me quite a bit over the years!
All of that, and it is also supporting the Museum!
Have no fear switching to a classic or collector stated value policy. You will likely have far better coverage than through your regular carrier, particularly the stated value security rather than diminished value of a regular policy.
You will also save money, and better yet, deal with great people.
Nothing else to think about.
NCM!
Marty
Agreed! I’m with NCM too.
H
90'ZR-1 #1461 Red/Black
Ported Intake, Degreed Cams, OBX Headers & Exhaust, Fidanza FW, Secondary Delete, Custom tune, C6 GS Wheels. Sold
08 C6 Z51 Crystal Red Metallic Sold Vararam Intake, Tune, Sold
05 C6 Z51 Red/Black Sold
90'ZR-1 #1723 Black/Gray Sold but not forgotten
91' Z51 L98 White Vert. My First, you always remember your first. Sold.
Ccmano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017   #6
dredgeguy

My Z was insured with State Farm with my other cars, home and umbrella policy. Cost about $850/year with unknown value if totaled. At Carlisle I got quotes from both Haggerty and Grundy, one was about the same as State Farm but with agreed upon value of $35,000 and the other $275/year with the same agreed upon value of $35,000. I went to my State Farm agent to show him a copy of the $275/year as it looked too good to be true. He said it was great coverage.....then said, "your car is now 25 years old, sure I can beat that". Sure enough, State Farm offers collector car insurance for cars 25 years old and now I am covered at an agreed upon value of $39,500 for $250/year.

1992 Bright Red/Black ZR1 #246
Dana 4:10 gears
Polished LT5 by Haibeck
Polished Fikse FM5's with Michelin Pilot Sport 2
Stainless Works headers and cats with Corsa
dredgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017   #7
randy ransome

Another vote for NCM and Adam. I've got 3 Corvettes with them, 1967, 427 3X2 Coupe has $100K 1995 ZR-1 has $25K and a 1984 that has mostly sentimental value has $8,000. My yearly premium is a fuzz less than $1,000.

randy ransome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017   #8
Racinfan83

Another one for NCM and Adam. I had Hagerty the first year because I had them on my Nova. They are great too - but I got a less restrictive policy for $200 a year cheaper thru NCM...
My insurance broker can get the same ins as NCM, but I turned him down to stay with Adam. I figure he would be more likely to go to bat for me in case of a loss since he is associated with Corvettes and knows what a ZR-1 actually IS...
[CENTER][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=4][I][B] **Now Sold** 1990 ZR-1 #2093, Black on Black..[/B][/I][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
Racinfan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017   #9
Kevin

I've seen Adam on the listserv and on facebook groups looking for parts. That's all I need to know. Plus the pricing is perfect
Old 12-10-2017   #10
RichS

Arrow Re: Classic car insurance??

Another vote for the museum. We have 5 cars with an agreed value on them thru the museum. Very happy with the price. Never had to make a claim, so can't help there.
1994 ZR-1 #198, sold
[img]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48400173802_2a6f122cfb_n.jpg[/IMG]
[COLOR=RoyalBlue]96 GrandSport#857[/COLOR],[COLOR=Red]Red Gut[/COLOR]
397 LT4, AFR heads,3:90 gears, DRM longtubes, Sepanek 700R4, Yank 3600, bla-bla...
Best ET w/396 & 6-speed 11.02 @126.57 w/1.60 60'
Best ET w/396 & 700r4 10.82 @124.87 w/1.48 60'
2003 DarkShadowGray Ford Lightning 460rwhp/550rwtq 12.11 @112.18 w/1.71 60'
RichS is offline   Reply With Quote