ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-05-2014   #31
alwayscode390

Default Re: About to use my Tech 1a for the first time, pointers? ---

OK, here is what I found so far, looks like the code 12 was normal?

* "The 90 procedure is:
1.) Ing "OFF"
2.) Ground "K" terminal. (Hold the door bell button)
3.) Turn Ing "ON".
4.) Wait for fault codes to begin flashing, takes about 5 seconds. When DTC's begin flashing, unground "K" for 3 seconds, +/- 1/2 seconds. ( finger off button for 3 seconds)
5.) Ground "K" for 3 seconds, + /- 1/2 seconds. ( push the bell button )
6.) Unground "K" and wait 10 seconds ( finger off button ). Before turning ING "off", verify that the only code is "12" being flashed ( push the bell button to see "12" ). If not repeat from step "1".
That's the book version for a 90. I tried without the mechanical aid & no joy. Once I red necked the door bell, I got it first shot. If you want to use a toggle switch it may be easier?

Under step 6 it says "make sure code 12 is the only one there" . What exactly is a code 12 telling you?

THEN after messing with my Tech 1 with the door open a long time ( interior lights on and the car off powering the Tech 1 ... the car BARELY started. It looks like that may be what set my SYS light without actually setting a code? Here is what I found while searching:

* "A "SYS" code is 99.99% of the time a warning just before the battery craps out. The only other explanation is after an aftermarket radio install"

I'm not quite sure what the aftermarket radio will do in this situation, but I have one installed also... its been in the car for years though.

It looks like everything is good until I go to clear the INFL RST code next ? ---
90' ZR-1 Corvette LPE #699
alwayscode390 is offline   Reply With Quote