ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1s and ZR-1 Parts For Sale/Wanted

Old 07-25-2008   #1
tccrab

Default '64 ZR1 on Craigslist

Yup, you read correctly.
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/car/760081655.html
It's a 1964 with a LT5.
Not my car, but sure looks Kewl!!!

Crabs
'90ZR1 #792
Honorary Pirate

[B]If it ain't FUN, you're doing something terribly WRONG.
[/B]
tccrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008   #2
WB9MCW

Default Re: '64 ZR1 on Craigslist

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet --- new power in a vintage ride!

Always liked the Gen 2 with the LT-5 transplant

"The Budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome will become bankrupt. People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance." - Cicero, 55 BC
" We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln
WB9MCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008   #3
Kevin

damn i didn't realize there were so many swapped midyears
Old 07-26-2008   #4
A26B

I'm really partial to the C2 coupes. I've been lucky enough to have owned a couple and the 67 was my favorite. I would love to have a black 67 coupe, red stinger BB hood and an LT5 under it. Might even want to put C4 suspension on it as well. What a driver that would be!!
1994 ZR-1, Black/Black, Lingenfelter Aerobody, 416cu in, 3.91 gears, coil-over susp, Brembo brakes, etc.
2016 Black-Red, 3LT-Z51 Auto 8-speed.
A26B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008   #5
Kevin

wish i had the money to DD that thing
Old 07-26-2008   #6
WB9MCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by A26B
I'm really partial to the C2 coupes. I've been lucky enough to have owned a couple and the 67 was my favorite. I would love to have a black 67 coupe, red stinger BB hood and an LT5 under it. Might even want to put C4 suspension on it as well. What a driver that would be!!

I knew you would come up with a reason to fit just one more Vette in that garage of yous!!

At 6'4" I wish I could fit in the earlier gen vettes better -- even the c5/6 in a PIT head since the addition of the trunk pushed the roof line fwd just enough to be tapping on my head. When I hammer 443 hard enough I sometimes bang the olde knoggin on the weatherstrip and the roof (roll bar) if you will. Tends to give me a headache --- JK but distracting to say the least. I may never feel comfortable enough in the new ZR1 just because of this reason.

For years I never even figured that I could fit in any vette --well till my brother let me drive his 94 ragtop == then I was hooked but I won't own a rag top ---got to have that roll bar to feel save even if it is not a whole lot there to protect you in a roll over esp if your tall like me. Proly just a mental thing for me!

In my old club (no longer a member) Sunburst CC that is we had a guy 6'7" who drove a c2 rag top -- he always looked funny in the vette IMO with his head abt 4" above the windshield. One day I saw him in a c3 riding shotgun and he looked even more silly with about 5 to 6" of his head poking above the windshield. It really cracked me up to see him stuffed in that c3.

The current Viper is even worse for me - I can not even get behind the wheel since my legs are too long and when I sit in the pass. side my knees are crammed into the dashboard. Don't even try to fit me in most euro sport cars unless they are the German ones!!! Lambos and the other I cars forget it no way at all.

Tis a bitch being tall when it comes to fitting in sports cars. This is why I luv the ZR-1--- I actually fit and can be comfy for abt 2 hours at a time b4 I get cramped and need a break. You shorter guys do not know how good you have got it.
"The Budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome will become bankrupt. People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance." - Cicero, 55 BC
" We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Last edited by WB9MCW; 07-26-2008 at 01:21 AM.
WB9MCW is offline   Reply With Quote