ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 Members' Rides

Old 07-06-2022   #131
1977CamaroZ28

Default Re: Meet Bluey! 1994 #353

Congratulations!! Wonderful color.
#2342 - Black/Black - March 1.990 -
OBX Headers and OBX complete Exhaust Line (No Cats).
K&N Air Filter with open Air Box.
Jerry's Gaskets Silicone Air Duct.
DeWitts Two Row Pro Series Radiator.
Samco's Hose Coolant Kit.
ECM/EPROM Improved.
MSD Spark Plug Wires 8,5mm Super Conductor.
EBC Brakes YellowStuff with EBC D-Series Rotors and Raybestos hoses.
1977CamaroZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022   #132
dredgeguy

We are fortunate to have you in the group and happy 2nd anniversary! OPA!

1992 Bright Red/Black ZR1 #246
Dana 4:10 gears
Polished LT5 by Haibeck
Polished Fikse FM5's with Michelin Pilot Sport 2
Stainless Works headers and cats with Corsa
dredgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022   #133
tiegsd

Happy Anniversary!
1990 Black/Black ZR-1 #1155
1993 White/Red coupe (Regrettably sold)

tiegsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022   #134
phrogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prez1967 View Post
Been on a spending spree lately as I'll have time to wrench a bit here soon.

Greenwood Hood Vents
Quik-Latch hood latches
GE Nighthawk LED Headlights
DL Merrill Single Fuel Pump upgrade

Waiting to hear about when I should expect to take the car up to Haibeck's before I tear her apart for the Coilover upgrades and other tweaks.

Your car but if I was to install them vents Id save your original paint hood and get a replacement to do the mod because I have not had good luck with repairs on these SMC parts if you have to mess with the glass. But it could be my hood is just bad . love the car my fav color and I kick myself for passing on a couple in Quazar in the past.

Currently own

90 ZR-1 #845 DRM 500 engine package

90 #226 Might be a parts car not sure yet

Last edited by phrogs; 07-07-2022 at 11:24 PM.
phrogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022   #135
Jagdpanzer

I've got a spare hood for you if you decide to go in that direction.

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry
George Braml Intake
Jagdpanzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022   #136
Prez1967

Never a dull moment for Bluey?.

I finally got notification that Marc Haibeck how to space for her in his shop. I figured it would be easier to have a transporter take the car up and I will just drive it home and she was ready. I made arrangements with montway auto transport, as it was one of Marc?s recommendations.

Looks like someone somewhere didnt think that was a good idea..

Long story short, ramps for trailer slid out from under car dropping it onto its rear wheels and damaging the exhaust, scratching rear bumper. When we finally got the car down off the trailer using some wooden pallets and ingenuity... I figured, give it another go. Exhaust was ripped off and pinched this time.

Decided it was better to leave well enough alone and drive the car myself, assuming I could get a quote from my repair shop to get the needed documents to the transporter's insurance.

New exhaust and bumper respray (again) on the way it seems...
1994 #353 "Bluey"

Last edited by Prez1967; 09-25-2022 at 07:19 AM.
Prez1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022   #137
Prez1967

Will all that out of the way, I didnt want to delay getting my car to Marc any longer.

Took a nap after visiting the body shop and left Finksburg, MD at 12:30am with a large coffee and a couple snacks.

11.5 hours later, I was in front of Haibeck Automotive!!!

Bluey was a peach! 185-195 water temp all the way up. 23 miles per gallon average. No aches, no issues.

Sat down with Marc to go over my "to-do" list. What a guy! He talked me out of a lightweight flywheel. Main reason the car is up there is to go through the trans to see why its whining. Fixing that issue and adding a new noise (flywheel chatter at idle) isnt necessary lol

Really looking forward to getting the car home but for now, I know its in good hands.

Hopefully the transporter company sends payment to the body shop in the meanwhile so that I can get the new exhaust ordered and the body work can be scheduled. Still planning on installing the hood vents and fixing some other trim items while its in the shop. then its up on the lift this winter for the Ride-Tech coilover install
1994 #353 "Bluey"
Old 09-26-2022   #138
1977CamaroZ28

Oh my God!! What a pity!! Big fright viewing car position... But you must think in positive way: Your car is on Haibeck's workhouse and all damages are mild, for luck!!

Come on! Now your ZR-1 is in the better hands!!
#2342 - Black/Black - March 1.990 -
OBX Headers and OBX complete Exhaust Line (No Cats).
K&N Air Filter with open Air Box.
Jerry's Gaskets Silicone Air Duct.
DeWitts Two Row Pro Series Radiator.
Samco's Hose Coolant Kit.
ECM/EPROM Improved.
MSD Spark Plug Wires 8,5mm Super Conductor.
EBC Brakes YellowStuff with EBC D-Series Rotors and Raybestos hoses.
1977CamaroZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023   #139
Prez1967

I cannot believe its been this long since I've updated this post. I post the occasional update on the FB Group but this thread was always meant to be a running time line of the car so here goes:

I got the car back from Marc's shop a while back. Had to drive in a pretty good rain storm all the way back. Ended up taking about 14 hours to get home. That part of the trip was not fun but the car is great!

Engine looks amazing with the refinished intake/cam covers. Car runs awesome. Will have to find the invoice to document all the work Marc performed.

A couple months ago, I wanted to drive the car after it had been sitting for a while and noticed a ticking in the engine. FB Gurus determined it may have been a stuck lifter. Suggestion was to take it out, get it up to temperature and rip on it. Problem solved! Apparently these motors like to exercised.

I ended up purchasing a set of Callaway/Brembo brakes for the front of the car. I wanted something that would be period correct but also offer factory clearance for wheels. The C5 brakes on the car right now would hinder some wheel selection and I didnt want to go through all that. Still need to find some pads and stainless lines for the car but more on that as it develops.

I bought a set of Shelby Series 1 wheels off of a local C4 guy. They have some wear but will make Bluey look amazing! Will show off the Gold Brembos really nicely also!

Last weekend I drove the car to meet up with the Mid Atlantic Delorean Club for their Summer Drive. Followed 4 Deloreans, 1 Fiero and a Tesla Model X around the Eastern Shore here in MD. Was alot of fun and the car ran great. With the A/C off, the water temperature gauge settled right in the middle of its range. When I would turn the A/C on however, the gauge would creep up and settle at the 3/4 mark of the gauge. I didnt think to go through the on board computer to monitor actual temp so I will monitor and see whats up.

Had a local member make me replacement trim pieces for the rear quarter panel trim that I managed to rip off on both sides of my car. Need to get the car into the body shop to get the hood vents installed also

Yesterday I finally started the process of installing my Ride-Tech Coilover kit.

I managed to remove the factory leaf springs and sway bars and am waiting on a set of Thrust Bearings that were suggested by a buddy to place between the springs and height adjusters to make height adjustment that much easier. The plan is to install the kit with zero preload and see what kind of height that returns and go from there. Will likely have a local shop corner balance the car and align it once Im done.

Will be taking the car to Carlisle at the end of the month so Im trying to wrap up the suspension this week so I can get some miles on it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6987.jpg (329.1 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7302.jpg (201.8 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg 71285552396__F7BDF292-A713-4F09-BE1C-5F70368B3F89.jpg (78.8 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7581.jpg (204.0 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7582.jpg (193.5 KB, 25 views)
1994 #353 "Bluey"

Last edited by Prez1967; 08-07-2023 at 10:54 AM.
Old 08-07-2023   #140
JimZRyd

Always fun to play in the garage with new parts! Great looking Z! Shelby's will definitely set her off👍

1994 ZR-1 Admiral Blue/Black #245
1996 Callaway Supernatural 450
JimZRyd is offline   Reply With Quote