ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > Cleaning and Waxing

Old 05-27-2007   #21
Dale@Adams

Default Re: Adams Wax is sponsoring this area for the Registry

John,

No worries, you were very clear. Our webteam disabled the link to the Clay because we are running short on the supply of them. Once our stock is replenished we will have the link up and running smoothly again.

Thank you for your concern with the site and sorry for any miscommunication.

Please let me know if you have anymore questions.
[URL="http://www.adamspolishes.com"]www.adamspolishes.com[/URL]
[COLOR=Red][B]Please email as I do not check PMs as often.[/B][/COLOR]
Dale@Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007   #22
BBBAD94ZR1

Default Re: Adams Wax is sponsoring this area for the Registry

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennstatefootball
hey Guys.

Adams (http://www.adamspolishes.com/) is sponsoring this part of the website for the Registry and giving away MONTHLY giveaways!

A friend got me hooked on this about a month ago and I have been using it since....

Has anyone used this before?
I knew you where in bed with Adams.... LOL.
Ray
Old 12-05-2007   #23
Paul Workman

Location: Squires (near Ava MO in the Mark Twain N'tl Forest) - Missouri
Default A stiff competator...mebby?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adams 1
This forum is to discuss all products. We welcome competitors products being discussed, and hope to learn from people's experiences with ours and theirs!

Adam Pitale
Founder/ Head Detailer
Adam's Polishes, inc.
310-344-4290
I've not tried any of the Adam's products yet. That may change of course. But, I have tired a plethora of waxes and one polish, and the winner so far has been Sal Zaino's product.

A short story: IMO, BLACK is THEEEE color by which all waxes/polishes are judged. My quest was for that deep wet black look, like hot wet tar.

With this in mind, I claybar'ed my black '95 and proceeded to try several carnuba wax based products. Mother's was the one that gave me the look I was seeking, but it wasn't durable. After sitting in the summer sun, the black surface would get hot, and the Mother's would get soft. Then just a touch with a finger would imbed the fingerprint into the wax, and it would take a lot more than just a quick wipe to bring back the shine. And, it wasn't very durable - noticably dull after 3-4 washings.

Then I tried the Zaino product. I did the prep washing (with Dawn), the claybaring, and then the multi-step process required to initially apply and let cure and then polish coats. Results were stunning! And, as a bonus, it would not get soft in the sun, it is verrrry durable - requiring relatively little upkeep compared to carnuba wax (3 years after the initial application, all I did was occational touch up polish, and their "Z8" spritz makes the paint almost "pop" with brilliance.

The black Vette is gone, and a "new" torch red Z is in it's place. Before I bought it, it was carnuba waxed (judging by the despised "blue haze" I can see at certain angles) and polished by some sh*t-fist that didn't know how to use an electric polisher (and burnt a few edges, as I discovered later).

So, I guess I'm at a point where I could experiment or even do a side-by-side comparison. I'll have to see if I can find some of your product - enough at least to do a side by side comparision - and decide which one is going to reside on my baby. Is the Adam's product applied in steps and therefore come in a kit? (Don't bother referring me to a video. I'm on a dial-up connection and a video takes hours to download!)

I'm always looking for a better mouse trap. I always say, "Truth is where you find it!" So, if the Adams is better (than the Zaino I'm using now)...then it's better. If not, I'll stick with whatever works best "at the moment".

What sez you?

P.
Paul Workman is offline   Reply With Quote