ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Club Regional Areas > Southwest Region

Old 01-08-2011   #1
Jetjock

Default ZR-1 display auto museum

Hey guys. Just came back from my Corvette Club meeting at Fair Park where the State Fair of Texas is held every year. The Fair Park people have been trying to get the Fair Park used on a daily basis instead of just that one time of year. To that end, we just met and ate at the Old Mill Run, a restaurant that is open year round and, just by accident, discovered a brand, new auto museum right across from it. I went in and talked to the people.

The new auto museum is called the Texas Museum of Automotive History. It is in a temporary facility until it's permanent home is ready. I talked to the assistant curator there and he agreed to help set up a ZR-1 exhibit there. He's owned several Corvettes and would love to have the Corvette community showcase their cars there. This is the website for the TMAH. http://tmah.org.

While this is primarily for the DFW ZR-1 guys, I want to extend an invitation to anyone coming through Big D to try to stop by and check it out. In all likelyhood, it probably be next month (February) for me to get the stuff together and get it over there. This will not be a permanent exhibit for the ZR-1 but something to showcase the car and the people. I do have some personal ZR-1 items that I will display and will try to talk someone into displaying his car for a short while or work out a rotation of cars. To me, this car is something that we all can be proud of and I am willing to donate my time and energy to develop display for this museum.
Jetjock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011   #2
ZZZZZR1
Banned
BANNED

Default Re: ZR-1 display auto museum

Wow! Wish we had something like this in the northeast!
ZZZZZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote