ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Club Regional Areas > Southwest Region

Old 03-13-2011   #1
Jetjock

Default ZR-1's for display

Back a while ago, I sent a subject line about ZR-1's on display at the Corvette Classic in May of this year. Some people did not like that so that was dropped. However, events changed the minds of the few in charge and we are going to have it. The guy in complete charge of the ZR-1's is looking for three or four Z's to complete the display. What he is looking for is a 90, 93, 94 and/or a 95. We already have a black 91 and 92 ZR-1. We would also like to have different colors. Black seems to be the common theme for some unknown reason, so we would like to have those cars in colors other than black. Heck, if you have a color other than black for a 92, I'll pull mine out and use yours.

This display is in conjunction with the ZR-1 Net Registry table that will be set up behind the cars. This event will be held on the 21st of May at the Texas Motor Speedway. The catch for all of this is that you have to regsiter your car and you have to be there early on Saturday morning. The car is there until around 4 or 5pm. Those are the rules. If you fit the category that I have listed:

90, 93, 94, and/or 95 ZR-1 in a color other than black.
Register your car with the Lone Star Corvette Club Corvette Classic.
Show up early to position the car.
Willing to do it.

Then we would like for you to do it. Please contact me with your year of ZR-1 and color. You can pm me here. I need name, phone number and e-mail address. I will forward the information on to the coordinator of the event.

For anyone else, please consider displaying your ZR-1 at the Classic. You don't have to be a member of the club or the ZR-1 Net Registry to do this. We are trying to get as many ZR-1's out there that we can. Thanks.

If I feel the need for speed,
I just think about flying the B-777.

1989 Dk Blue Coupe lost in divorce
1991 Black Coupe SOLD
1992 Black ZR-1 #423 SOLD!
1993 Ruby Red 40th Anniversary ZR-1 #334
1995 Black ZR-1 taken by ex-wife
2002 Pewter Coupe no idea where it is
2003 50th Anniversary Corvette #No idea what number SOLD!
ZR-1 Net Registry #516
Grand Sport Lifetime Member
NCM Lifetime #1468
ZR-1 Net Registry Board Secretary
Jetjock is offline   Reply With Quote