ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Club Regional Areas > Pacific Region

Old 07-08-2009   #1
Pqtaces

Default Anyone from Socal?

It seems that the active members here are dominated by east coast and midwest guys. I do see a few from Az and Wa , but is there anyone from Socal (mainly the greater L.A. area)?

And are there any regular local events here? I'd love to meet some other Z owners.

May all your cards be aces and your 0-60 times be sub 5s!

Peter
Pqtaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009   #2
GOLDCYLON

Default Re: Anyone from Socal?

We have a "small" group in AZ, There are a few folks all over CA but not a lot in the SOCAL area
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009   #3
JAX S50

Out here in east riverside county with over 100 temps working on the Z, ah good times
JAX S50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009   #4
93RubyZ

Used to be in So. Cal, but now in AZ.
93RubyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009   #5
ZRXMAX

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAX S50 View Post
Out here in east riverside county with over 100 temps working on the Z, ah good times
I am in the neighborhood... Just did an oil change, rear fluid change, and a wash and wax a few days ago... its how I try to keep the weight off!

I am close to Temecula in the Menifee / Sun City area. I also have another ZR-1 brother out this way in Temecula.
91 ZR-1 #661 Watsons, 3" exhaust, Borlas... Hurst, 4.11s, Samco, RD radiator, gel coated motor... turquise / black
ZRXMAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009   #6
Ccmano

I was just told by my company that I will be retiring on Oct 16th after 28 years with Mercedes-Benz. Not my choice, but not a bad deal either since I'm only 55 and can continue to work and get my full retirement.

So... that means were moving back to SoCal probably in the next month or so. Let's see if we can't establish the West Coast "FBI" How about "Fast Boyz International"

We're moving either to Orange Co or the Temecula area depending on the jobs situation. I'm looking forward to meeting all the SoCal guys and getting at least a small group going.

FWIW I'm looking for a Management Consulting or Automotive General Management job. You never know who reads these things.
H
90'ZR-1 #1461 Red/Black
Ported Intake, Degreed Cams, OBX Headers & Exhaust, Fidanza FW, Secondary Delete, Custom tune, C6 GS Wheels. Sold
08 C6 Z51 Crystal Red Metallic Sold Vararam Intake, Tune, Sold
05 C6 Z51 Red/Black Sold
90'ZR-1 #1723 Black/Gray Sold but not forgotten
91' Z51 L98 White Vert. My First, you always remember your first. Sold.
Ccmano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009   #7
RRGarcia

1990 ZR1, reside in Covina.
RRGarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009   #8
SillyB

I'm right up the hill from you, I live in La Crescenta. Unfortunately I haven't been out for cruise nights much lately, so I'm not up on things. I don't know of any other Z owners in the area. A friend of mine in Pasadena had a 1990 almost identical to mine, but he sold it a while back. I occasionally hit the early morning rodders over at the movie theater in Montrose on saturdays or the friday night out at Bob's Bigboy in Burbank. Right now I'm out of commission trying to get passed the smog nazis. Hopefully I'll get it taken care of soon and maybe we can meet up at one of the spots I mentioned. Either that, or maybe we'll meet up on the 2 fwy and have a little fun!
SillyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009   #9
RHanselman

I'm usually in Las Vegas but I'm away for a few years in the UAE. I was putting on several events per year in Las Vegas to include a mile shootout on Nellis AFB. They've not done it since I've been gone...

I'll be back in town for a few weeks starting Thanksgiving day so if there's something going on I would love to attend. My Z however is in San Antonio getting new electronics and a tune. The twin turbo system with the low compression LT5 is just too much for the old computer...

Cheers,
Ron Hanselman
Founding Member #80
CM Lifetime Member #1093

1991 #383 Twin Turbo
1993 #099 Ruby, Jeal 368 w/Snake Skinner body
1961 White with Red Int
RHanselman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009   #10
gbrtng

Are you coming to NB to visit the TT LT5 ?