ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 05-31-2016   #21
carter200

Default Re: First car show and just huh.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by rush91 View Post
A remedy that must be addressed, so agreed
You did NOT sound arrogant and I feel your disappointment. When you are ready for some added goodies give me a shout.

LT5 Reg# 868 *RIP*
ZR1NET Founding Mem #155
carter200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016   #22
Racinfan83

I hope I don't come off as arrogant the other way - those that know me know I'm not like that. But I show mine in Corvette only shows exclusively - and I have won class in like 7 out of 9 shows, and a couple of em had C4 and C5 together in one class. Around here most shows use impartial judging. One show I went to first year used participation judging and of course their local club slug won over mine even though mine was FAR better. Guess what - when they invited me back the next year I asked if it was going to be a judged show or participation judging again. He said participation and I told him that whenever they decided to do it in a non-biased way - THEN maybe I would come back.
I have a small printed sign explaining what the car is - but I've found most Vette people know what it is and are kinda incredulous. I went to a couple regional shows last year - won one and placed 3rd in one that was judged by actual workers at BG Corvette plant. 3rd but scored 96 out of 100. My point here is that some shows you are just gonna be screwed. Especially ones with everyone welcome. I don't waste my time with those. This year I am looking at doing only 2 regional shows, one in Iowa and one in Kentucky. Won all the local shows at least once - don't have time to clean the car just to win them all again. I figure I will now go to regionals only and see how I stack up. Shows are cool - but LOTS of politics. I don't have time to do much with the Z other then showing it - so that's how I choose to spend my time with her...
[CENTER][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=4][I][B] **Now Sold** 1990 ZR-1 #2093, Black on Black..[/B][/I][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
Racinfan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016   #23
rush91

It seemed to be a little political.....The guy who judged and announced the "top 50" seemed to know everyone who came to get a trophy. And a group of 2010 and above Mustangs, all won. They drove up from Kentucky or some crap. The only one I thought deserved anything was a really sweet looking Boss 302.
When I pulled into the show, had to cruise by all the other cars, and everyone was like hey it's a ZR-1, and the Vette guys knew what it was. But damn, I'm sorry....The 1982 Collectors Edition that won was in bad shape. Motor dirty as hell, leather all dried and cracked and faded. I was just scratching my head as results were read. I have another show on Friday night, I will take more pics of that show.
rush91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016   #24
We Gone

I never go to a show thinking I will place. I just go to admire the other cars and meet new people who also are motor heads.

1990 Steel Blue/Black #2355
1990 Red/Red #1473
1991 Quasar /Black #118 Sold
1991 Turquoise/Black #766 Parted Out
1993 Yellow/White #179 Sold
1990 Black/Gray #1361 Headers/4:10s Sold
We Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016   #25
rhipsher

When you get your first ZR-1 it's exciting. And you want to show it off. Maybe join a Corvette club. Go to car shows. But what you will soon realize is that most people just don't know what it is. I have gotten a lot of attention in mine but I think the only reason is because of the 49th street rockers it has. They give the car a meaner stance than the stock ones do. And that seems to catch peoples eye.
rhipsher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016   #26
Racinfan83

And I'm the opposite. I go expecting to be good enough to win. And I work my butt off for hours in the days before the show - and again for a couple hours after I get to the show to make sure the car is the best I can get it. That said - the guy who won in KY last year had his underside cleaned, and had jacked the car up took 2 wheels off and had mirrors under it. I haven't had time for that yet. So yes he beat me fair and square. And I can live with that....
[CENTER][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=4][I][B] **Now Sold** 1990 ZR-1 #2093, Black on Black..[/B][/I][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
Racinfan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016   #27
BigJohn

It is hard to beat the butt buddies; they win first!
BigJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016   #28
-=Jeff=-

I go to shows to check out all the other cool rides i wish I could own

Don't care if I win a piece of Plastic.. honestly
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051
Watson Headers (2" Primary) - 3" Magnaflow Bullet cats - LT4 Catback
Late Model IH - Plenum
Coilovers - 4.10s
Custom Interior
NCM Lifetime Member #978
-=Jeff=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016   #29
Kevin

I don't even bother going to shows anymore, I'd rather just drive my car and enjoy it. Carlise is the only show I go to and that's just to see you crazy lot
Old 06-01-2016   #30
Vetman

I'm gong to take my z to an all corvette show and dinner at the Chevrolet dealer Saturday June 10. This is a display board I put on the windshield at shows and usually generates a number of comments. If you would like the text on the board email me at seamonsj@gmail.com and I will send it to you attached.
image.jpg
2011 cts-v 556 HP, manual 6 speed
1955 chev 2dr ht PP 265 3 speed w/OD
Vetman is offline   Reply With Quote