ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Corvette > Corvette Audio/Electronics

Old 11-11-2005   #1
RICHARD TILL

Default mailed radio for repair today.

i guess this is an after-the-fact-poll. sent my radio and cdm box to f.c.s.r inc. in florida today by ups. cd hasnt worked in a great while, recption was never good, then it just quit. blows fuse at click of the switch. anybody had any experience with these people? did i screw up? is it gonna be or ? i can stand the truth.
RICHARD TILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005   #2
Z Factor

Default Re: mailed radio for repair today.

Although I do not have any personal experience with FCSR, I have heard good things about them. Let us know how things turn out.

I suspect you will wind up

Z Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #3
buddyboy

IN my Z my radio was fine but the CD player did not work. I took it out and sent it off and got it back in about 2 weeks. The invoice that was packed with the radio said the CD unit was replaced with a new unit. Assuming that it would work like a new one, I installed it back in the dash. Once I was all done I sliped a CD in and it worked perfectly. The only problem was that it would not reject the CD. So I took the radio out again and sent it back. When I got it back I tested it this time and it worked just fine. The second time the shipping was on them. Just check it out. It could save you some work. The end result was good.

1992 ZR-1 #330 White/White
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005   #4
RICHARD TILL

i`ll take that advise. that cdm box made me lose my religion b4 i got it out. . i`ll let yall know the outcome. got my fingers crossed on both hands.
Old 11-16-2005   #5
bigd

Sent my speakers to them for amp repair. They did a fine job. Also lifetime warranty.
1990 Dark Red Metallic #1587
bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005   #6
RICHARD TILL

got an e-mail from f.c.s.r. inc. today. said that radio was logged into repair shop. so far these people have done everything they said. i may end up needing a new amp before this is over. can`t beat a lifetime warranty. i`ll post news of outcome hopefully soon........richard.......
Old 12-16-2005   #7
RICHARD TILL

got the radio and cdm box back monday. both units were repaired. $338.00 going to loosely install tomorrow and see what happens. i sure dread that cdm box. i`ve got my fingers crossed and am hunting a rabbits foot. the car`s been sitting for about 6 weeks now. will probably have to jump it off.
Old 12-18-2005   #8
RICHARD TILL

whoever engineered the spot where the cdm box is ought to be shot. i finally got it in after 2-3 cooloffs. with it and the radio is still hanging, i put the power to it. played well except left rear popping and distorted. swapped the rear speaker assy.`s and the trouble moved. i`ll order a new amp tomorrow. looks like its gonna be ok after a little over $400. next time i`ll post maybe willie will be singing "on the road again".
Old 12-20-2005   #9
Hotrod

My hands are still hurting from replacing the cdm box... and that was 2 years ago!
Hotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005   #10
RICHARD TILL

i`m in hog heaven. after inspection of my left rear amp, i found two burned looking transistors. i had an old amp that i`d replaced about 6 years ago. they had the same transistors so i said what the heck, nothing to lose. took both of them and a soldering gun to the kitchen table. my dad was a radio/tv repairman when i was growing up so i have a little soldering experience. about 2 hours later i was ready to try. the gods were with me. it actually worked . this radio works perfectly now=D> . i`m as willie nelson says, "on the road again". to shorten the story, i`d recommend f.s.c.r. in florida for radio repair........richard.....