ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Corvette > Corvette Audio/Electronics

Old 02-23-2009   #1
White Bullet

Default Pictures of my new radio installed.

Well, my factory radio bit the dust and I could not see spending any money on it after seeing the cool double din units installed. So I did the same and installed a JVC KWAVX810. As you can see it is a touch screen model with all of the bells and whistles. Sat radio, SD card reader, HD radio, changer controls, USB port, DVD player, plays mp3, WAV, ACC, etc. No navigation system as I did not want it as this car will not see any distance that would make any sense for it and the wife has a portable GPS system for her ride. Anyway the installation went well as I used the Metra kit and installed an adapter to continue to use the Bose speakers. I am happy with the sound as it is. What really is great is I now can recieve FM radio. The Delco system would not pull in anything. Now I have to continue to work on my music server system so that I can feed the new player .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Playing.jpg (55.5 KB, 127 views)
File Type: jpg Key.jpg (74.1 KB, 109 views)
Old 02-24-2009   #2
GOLDCYLON

Default Re: Pictures of my new radio installed.

What no voice command and no Nav or bluetooth? What a down grade

Looks good.
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009   #3
White Bullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDCYLON View Post
What no voice command and no Nav or bluetooth? What a down grade

Looks good.
Bluetooth? Yes. Nav and voice command provided by the wife.

Last edited by White Bullet; 02-25-2009 at 06:56 PM.
White Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009   #4
Jeffvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Bullet View Post
Nav and voice command provided the the wife.
Come with mute?

Looks good
Old 02-25-2009   #5
flyin ryan

I'm not really one for swaping out the factory system, however inadequate it may be, but i'm with Jeff, your's looks very good. nice job =D>, well done. can't bash it when it looks that good.
Old 02-25-2009   #6
GOLDCYLON

I hear you Ryan but when you have a high mileage non NCRS ride its hard not to upgrade the car. From my view its pretty cheap fun and you have a car on par with the newer models out there. Id hate to do this to a NCRS Garage queen. I am very happy with my unit as well, the ZR-1 is a fun car. Clean installs like this always look good.
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009   #7
flyin ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDCYLON View Post
Clean installs like this always look good.
Yup, i'm with ya. clean is always clean, no matter what.
Old 02-25-2009   #8
Nick

Looks great!
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #32 - lapsed...
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009   #9
White Bullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffvette View Post
Come with mute?

Looks good
Yep, she has a mute button but for some reason it just does not work.

And thanks to all for your comments.

I have the original bezel and radio so transforming it back is not a problem but the radio will need work and so will the CDM. The cost of repairing the two (I believe the cassette player needs a new head) plus pulling the CDM just did not make much sense to me. I was able to remove the connectors and antenna lead without removing the CDM, this made the installation easy. The difficult part was modifying the reproduction bezel.