ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-30-2013   #1
mgbrv8

Default Oil Pressure Switch

I heard some horror stories about removing the Oil pressure switch on our motors. Some people would lift the motors up with a hoist others would remove the motor mounts and jack up one side of the motor even read one story or a person removed the exhaust header on that side. Mine was leaking so I decided to take a stab at it. I started from the passenger-side trying to get to it but after a while my hands started cramping from trying to fit in the tight spot at a odd angle. So I step back and took a long look at the situation. I Figured out if you lay a series of blankets over the motor from the drivers wheel over the engine to protect everything and if you lay on top of the engine from the driver side you can reach your left hand in very easily. I also disconnected the oil cooler lines to ease access and plug them with plugs I had in my toolbox, this gives you a few more inches of freedom with the ratchet but it isn't absolutely necessary. Its also nice because with your left hand is in there working you could look right down at the switch through the exposed section. I also dissected the bad switch to see what failed.

Dave
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1 (1).jpg (31.6 KB, 253 views)
File Type: jpg 1 (2).jpg (91.2 KB, 178 views)
File Type: jpg 1 (3).jpg (167.0 KB, 167 views)
File Type: jpg 1 (4).jpg (168.1 KB, 186 views)
File Type: jpg 1 (5).jpg (105.7 KB, 202 views)

Last edited by mgbrv8; 11-30-2013 at 11:24 PM.
mgbrv8 is offline   Reply With Quote