ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Racing > Professional Motor Sports

Old 03-04-2010   #11
flyin ryan

Default Re: F-1...Less than a month away

It's official, USF1 is out for this year, for sure.
Old 03-13-2010   #12
ZR1North

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyin ryan View Post
It's official, USF1 is out for this year, for sure.
Vettle on pole - no disputing this guy's talent. Looking forward to how Shuey does tomorrow. What a great field this year!
ZR1North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010   #13
TFENT

Looking forward to this season. We are prototyping our CER Carbon Ceramic Brakes and sponsoring and F1 team this year.

TFENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010   #14
tomtom72

Is that a Sauber? Anyway, great for you guys!

Oh well I guess the USF1 boys didn't have enough time to build their car from scratch. I would like to know why the management at F1 forbids the USF1 boys giving interviews about what happened. It would be nice to know.

Soooooo, what did you guys think of the race? I thought the race was going to be a bit boring at the front anyway. Vettle looked to be having the measure of everyone at the front till his exhaust cracked. I was kind of surprised that the Brawn team didn't do better in qualifying. The Ferrari boys look to be a bit more ready than McLaren or Brawn? I would have liked to see if Alonso could have caught up to Vettle without a broken exhaust.

The scraps from about mid pack to the back looked to be entertaining. I just wish they could some how show more of that stuff as those guys were having plenty of racing back there. Okay they were all 5 seconds or more off of the pace, but it's nice to watch people contest a position.

Tom
1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
tomtom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010   #15
Aurora40

Look at the nose (if not the color scheme), it's a Renault.

I thought for one of the most anticipated seasons in a long time, the race was incredibly boring. Nothing at the front changed until car trouble. Schumi never passed anyone on the track. There was some decent mid-pack action though as you say.
Former owner of #2517

[IMG]http://a.random-image.net/aurora40/vette.jpg[/img]
Aurora40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010   #16
tomtom72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora40 View Post
Look at the nose (if not the color scheme), it's a Renault.

I thought for one of the most anticipated seasons in a long time, the race was incredibly boring. Nothing at the front changed until car trouble. Schumi never passed anyone on the track. There was some decent mid-pack action though as you say.
Note to self.....reading is our friend!

I agree with you Bob, it really was hyped, over hyped? My man Schumi was looking a tad bit tentative? I guess I remember too many drives from the past. It's probably unfair on my part to expect Mike to "just drive up to the front" after his hiatus.

My only thought is with the restrictive testing, it puts a strain on development? Or maybe every one is being just a bit too cute....kind of trying not to show all their cards? I am suspicious of the big teams looking to find out what every one else has and not tip too much of their hand. It seemed to me that at any given time the big teams were going purple in various sectors and even having "personal" best laps and even fastest race laps but then sand bagging it? Probably not enough tire testing to get a read on how fast you can go, and how long you can go fast before you toast the tires completely. I'm not 100% sold on the rule about fueling. I understand the change from a safety point. However, it used to mean you could go harder because you had to come in anyway.

I am sure it is safe to say that by China, if you have it you better use it to get to the front to get maximum points. You don't want to fall too far off the lead too early.
1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
tomtom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010   #17
flyin ryan

I was staying away from reading these last few post's. Didn't finish watching the race till last night I recorded on PVR. Was pretty good. So far i'm not a big fan of no re-fueling though. Would rather they go hard from stop to stop. Turning into a little bit of an endurance race. Still good though .
Old 03-17-2010   #18
DaveK

I was very dissappointed. I predicted that the rule changes would make it even more of a procession than it used to be and sadly it looks to be the case. Most of the races were being won or lost on the refueling strategy - take that away and what's left? The only real 'drama' after the start was when Vettel's exhaust broke - not exactly 'racing'.

JMHO
1991 #1516 Black/Black

davidmkelly.com

"Speed is often confused with insight." - Johan Cruijff
DaveK is offline   Reply With Quote