ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Club Regional Areas > Japan

Old 04-30-2018   #11
HAWAIIZR-1

Default Re: Back in Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Sting View Post
Thanks for the good words, Craig. Glad also you liked the video and, of course, Theo. He's a pleasant little guy. Part of the family, for sure. ... and yes, I've got to make seeing my friend in Japan happen.

The video was done with a GoPro Hero II, but one can get so much more definition with the latest GoPros. I bought a Hero 6 Black a few weeks ago and the features are so much better. It also syncs up via wireless and bluetooth to my iPhone (or any modern cell phone) - one can turn it on/off and see exactly what is being videoed while driving though the App on the phone. I tried mounting it on the front of the roof, but seem to like the left side behind the grill a little better.

I have not figured out how to get good exhaust sound and not wind noise on the GoPro only, except to mount a separate, old iPhone on the rear of the Z out of the wind. I use the Voice Memo feature to record the exhaust (as I did in the Theo Vette video). Using iMovie to edit the results - as long as I record the starting of the car - it's easy to identify the peak where the sound of the video captured the start and where the peak of the Voice Memo recording captured it. Turn down or off the video sound and walla - you have video with the beautiful music of the LT5 aluminum guitar playing in the background.

A screen shot of the Spring drive around the neighborhood for a test is attached.

Aloha!
G

Hey G,

You did a nice job on the video and I'll have to learn now to do that. I love dogs too, but our 13 year old Italian Greyhound rarely goes for a ride in the Corvette unless the wife is coming along...and that is hardly ever. Life is short so don't wait too long to see your old buddy.

I almost bought the Hero 5 when it came out and was on sale a few years ago. I did not do enough research at the time so I did not pull the trigger. Now that I have a little more time and want to drive and record adventures here I have to revisit GoPro. Maybe I'll check into the Hero 6 after hearing you tell about the features. Thanks for the tips. That's a nice screen shot and the color/detail looks great.

Mahalo for your thoughts and info.

Aloha!

Craig
1995 #228 Black/Black with Dunn Heads
ZR-1 owner since September 2003
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #0074
NCM Lifetime Member #2048

HAWAIIZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote