ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1s and ZR-1 Parts For Sale/Wanted

Old 04-18-2012   #1
VetteMed

Default Tech 1 for sale

Tech 1 scan tool for sale... SALE PENDING
Includes:
Tech 1 unit in excellent condition, works great
ALDL (OBD-1) cable
Adapters for Chrysler and Isuzu included
Other adapters for various functions also included (see pics)

Cartridges included:
GM/Ford/Chrysler powertrain 83-97

GM ECM 81-86
GM ECM 87-91
Gm Brake 88-91
Chrysler 83-90 EEC

Original Case and Manual included. Case hinges broke, so I cobbled on some hinges from the hardware store (see pic). Not that great, but it works.

Guaranteed not DOA - full refund if arrives DOA.

SALE PENDING

1991 ZR-1 #302 White/Gray (sold)
1991 ZR-1 #1147 Red/Saddle (sold)

Last edited by VetteMed; 04-24-2012 at 10:58 AM.
VetteMed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012   #2
XfireZ51

Default Re: Tech 1 for sale

Interested. So will it work with a 92 Z or do you need another cartridge?
1984 Corvette Z-51/4+3 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Aqua/Gray #474 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Black Rose/Cognac #458
2014 Honda VFR Interceptor DX
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012   #3
VetteMed

The "GM/Ford/Chrysler powertrain 83-97" cartridge will read your 92 ECM no problem. The other cartridges there are somewhat redundant. I bought this cartridge separately, to get coverage for all years of C4, when I bought the Tech 1.
1991 ZR-1 #302 White/Gray (sold)
1991 ZR-1 #1147 Red/Saddle (sold)
VetteMed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012   #4
GOLDCYLON

Nice set Andrew. Never see them with the manual and all the other cartridges are available on Ebay all the time on the cheap under Tech-1, expertec or mastertech. Adapters and cables as well
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V

Last edited by GOLDCYLON; 04-18-2012 at 02:12 PM.
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012   #5
John Boothby

There are Tech-1's and Tech-1A's. They are not indicated which is which by the name on the unit. The Tech-1A is an updated -1. You can tell the difference as the -1A has what looks like phone jacks on both sides near the top. I believe these are for connecting to a printer and laptop. You will also need an ABS cartridge and a GM 88-92 Body Systems cartridge to complete your set. At least for our 90-91 cars. Nice set, though.

Just want to add that you usually don't find them this loaded with goodies like the manual.
1990 #148 Red/Saddle
Haibeck AYBKG5 Chip/RC Engineering/Flowmasters/K&N/Samco/Fuzzy Dice
:cheers:

Last edited by John Boothby; 04-18-2012 at 05:32 PM.
John Boothby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012   #6
GOLDCYLON

I think the 1-A designation appears on the label on the back of the unit as well. You are correct John the interfaces are for the voltmeter probe functions and the other for the thermal printr option
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012   #7
John Boothby

Yes, I am sorry, I misspoke. There are Tech-1A's that are labeled as such, even in front. What I meant to say was that some units marked as Tech-1's , are in fact Tech-1A's. They had been sent in and updated by the factory. You can tell by the additional connection jacks on both sides. Thanks for correcting me.
1990 #148 Red/Saddle

Last edited by John Boothby; 04-18-2012 at 06:07 PM.
Old 04-18-2012   #8
Kb7tif

Here is an interesting tidbit for ya. Bosch Bought out vetronics.
Cartridges and adapters are availe NEW. Not cheap but there are some availe.
Look up the website. Its quite a chore but they are there. I just got an OBD 1 adapter for the non Obd2 port, those don't turn up often 90$ ( ! )
Watson Headers
Ported Plenum, Housings
Random tech cats
Fidanza Flywheel
Chipped, Relocated Mat
Woods 165 stat
Borlas, Straights
1996 Lt4 Sold
1994 Lt1 Sold
2004 Z06 Sold
AKA** Illenema
Kb7tif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012   #9
John Boothby

That is good news! I bought a new power cable and ODB cable from them (Vetronics) about a year or so ago. They only had a couple of each in stock and said they were'nt making them anymore. They had no cartridges at the time. And yes, the cables were pricy. About $150 for both!

So do you have the website? Is it Bosch or Vetronics? I need an ABS cartridge.
1990 #148 Red/Saddle
Old 04-18-2012   #10
Kb7tif

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Boothby View Post
That is good news! I bought a new power cable and ODB cable from them (Vetronics) about a year or so ago. They only had a couple of each in stock and said they were'nt making them anymore. They had no cartridges at the time. And yes, the cables were pricy. About $150 for both!

So do you have the website? Is it Bosch or Vetronics? I need an ABS cartridge.
Its bosch. I will have to find my link to it its a pain to find but a real treat when U do, all kinds of goodies,
Watson Headers
Ported Plenum, Housings
Random tech cats
Fidanza Flywheel
Chipped, Relocated Mat
Woods 165 stat
Borlas, Straights
1996 Lt4 Sold
1994 Lt1 Sold
2004 Z06 Sold
AKA** Illenema
Kb7tif is offline   Reply With Quote