ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

View Poll Results: ZR-1 owners, what is your age group?
-20 1 0.18%
20-29 26 4.63%
30-39 108 19.25%
40-49 147 26.20%
50-59 143 25.49%
60+ 136 24.24%
Voters: 561. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-22-2012   #121
BigJohn

Default Re: How old are the ZR-1 owners?

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbz28 View Post
I bought my car from the original owner who was 50 when he bought the car, so apparently it was HIS mid-life crisis and I just inherited it...but it's definately fun on a bun. But when I see the results here maybe it should be "Over the Hill" instead of "King of the Hill" =D couldn't help myself.

What???
BigJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012   #122
scottfab

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbz28 View Post
I bought my car from the original owner who was 50 when he bought the car, so apparently it was HIS mid-life crisis and I just inherited it...but it's definately fun on a bun. But when I see the results here maybe it should be "Over the Hill" instead of "King of the Hill" =D couldn't help myself.
I like it. The "Over the Hill" gang

Vett owner since 1979._It's about the car and the people
scottfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012   #123
Fully Vetted

We could be the King of the Over the Hill Gang...
Fully Vetted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012   #124
4CAM LT5

Wanted a ZR-1 since I started reading about them, and all the 'hype', in 1989 (I was 35 then). Finally got one twenty years later in 2009 (I was 55 then). Still have it three years later...and hope to have this ZR-1 for many more miles.....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][B][SIZE=4][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=DimGray][COLOR=Red]1991 ZR-1 #318 -- SOLD 3/28/2013[/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/B]
White / Red Leather / Bone Stock / Two Tops / Goodyear Eagle GS-D3's

[I][B]The "Past Collection"... [/B][/I]
2004 [COLOR=DimGray]MSG Coupe [/COLOR][I](Sold)[/I]
[I]1996 [COLOR=SlateGray]Collector Edition Convertible / LT4 [/COLOR](Sold)
1989 Triple Black Coupe (Sold)
1991 [COLOR=Blue]Quasar Blue Convertible [/COLOR](Sold)[/I]
4CAM LT5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012   #125
BigJohn

As we get older your chart becomes out dated!!!
BigJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012   #126
scottfab

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post
As we get older your chart becomes out dated!!!
Yah I'm tired of the group I'm in.
I'm moving to another one soon.

Old 01-18-2013   #127
LancePearson

I'll turn 70 this August but then, when I was 60 I started riding a motorcycle which I just sold. With two corvettes, 76 and 91 Z, there just isn't time to keep the skill sets up and I wanted the space back. Buyer is due to pick the bike up this weekend.

I thought about road track racing on track days my 91 Z but after seeing youtubes of the modern c6 or zo6 doing that and knowing mine would get around the track in similar things I asked myself if my reflexes would have been able to keep up with it at 29, much less 69, and answered that they would not have. I did take my 76 for four 25 minute road track sessions on VIR with 17 turns on 3.27 mile road course but the Z is a whole different thing with much, much more power and speed. Things happen fast on a track with the 76 but they happen MUCH faster with the Z on a road track. Pays to understand your limitations too.

I love my ZR-1 and would love to have faster reflexes. Would have been a better tennis player way back when too...but, it is what it is.

Lance P.
LancePearson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013   #128
scottfab

I'll be soon lowering one group and graduating into the most experienced group. No way to change my poll selection without great effort. Oh well.

Old 01-18-2013   #129
Paul in SC

Lance,

I am 60 and hope and pray that I am able to drive at 70, let alone pilot a ZR-1. Getting in and out may be the real problem.

You should be proud and extremely happy to do what you do.

I thank God for each day that I have and a little special thanks when I get in the Z.

Keep it moving, Lance and enjoy! I am right behind you.
1993 ZR-1 - "The Green Thing", LPE/LSV 385; 2021 HTC, Red Mist Metallic, Cool gray interior, stainless dual stripes; ZR-1 Net Registry #1376
Paul in SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013   #130
LancePearson

Paul, Yes, them's my sentiments. I have a wide range of interests, am a mystery novel author, pro level photographer, kayaked the coast of Maine last summer over two weeks and stay busy with my two greyhounds. After becoming a widower a few years ago I was active socially but the gals my age come, as do I, with so much baggage it just got to be more bother than it's worth so I won't rule it out but I'm really mostly following my own interests. First time in my life I'm not responsible for someone, running a big company, family, etc. and it has many advantages. if in a big relationship I'd wonder if I'd own two Corvettes or if I'd be furniture shopping and talking about wall colors. I think I like where I'm at after 47 years of the other situation.

I'm headed in early April to Manchester, England where I have a ticket to see Manchester United play Man City in their Derby at Old Trafford in Manchester then the Gathering with the Z in May then Colorado in late June to attend a friend from colleges 50th and have lunch with my old roommate from college before that event. May do a long fall blue ridge parkway drive with the Z.

So far, life is pretty fair if occasionally modestly lonely. I've ducked one tall rich gal who lives here two blocks from me not because she hasn't got potential as she's attractive and rich but because she has no people skills whatsoever. A 62 year old CRN...anesthetist. She works best with people who are out on the table beneath her...just ask three doctor husbands who exited stage left! Trouble is, she has lots of potential but about 20 minutes is about all I could manage so quietly exited stage left. 5'9" and 138 pounds she has cared well for herself and her bank account is nearly 8 numbers. Sad she isn't better balanced with people.

See, there are frustrations! I just get in the Z and have fun and it gets much better. With no involvement which is my choice I'm only concerned about her becoming a vindictive stalker.

All you young guys, if you thought you had women trouble you ought to try ducking this gal some time!

lance p.
LancePearson is offline   Reply With Quote