ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 06-10-2019   #1
Jitse

Default Baer Eradispeed 1+ 13” rotors

Hi,
Did One of you modified the rear rotors already to a 13” Baer eradispeed rotor in combination with the original 17” rims?
https://baer.com/13-Rear-EradiSpeed1...e-2302041.html
It looks like they fit, but if I am trying to order them from them at Summit-racing, I get a warning they don’t fit.

Otherwise I am going to make the paper template to check if there is enough clearance.

I think about ordering Hawk HP plus brake pads for front and rear, I am now using standard Baer brake pads in front ( Baer Alcon pro calipers) and rear is still original calliper and brake pad. Going to 13” rotor and Hawk HP plus gives a good improvement, I guess.

I want to upgrade the front rotors also in one go and change them out for Eradispeeds, I remember more guys using these rotors and are happy with them, did not hear bad stories about cracking of them.

Regards Jitse
From The Netherlands
Jitse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019   #2
GOLDCYLON

Default Re: Baer Eradispeed 1+ 13” rotors

In the link you provided they will only fit with the relocation brackets provided for the stock rear calipers. For most of us the goal is to replace the rear calipers and the rear rotors for more griping power. I don't think the larger rear rotor alone is going to cut it. Also with most of the rear caliper upgrades the parking brake is lost unless you add the mini caliper or use the streetshop performance mod a few of us have done.

from the link provided and the adaptors as part of the package it looks like it will work with the stock rear calipers.
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019   #3
Jitse

Thanks for your reply.
I decided after checking with templates from the website from Baer, to buy the Eradispeed rotors in 13” front Mfr#2301012 and 13” rear Mfr # 2302041.
Hawk HPS brake pads Mfr# HB105F.6 for front callipers ( Baer Alcon Pro calipers)
Hawk HPS brake pads Mfr# HB112F-540 for the rear original callipers.

I didn’t want to spend more bucks at the moment, going to the EradiSpeed rotors, hawk hps pads and in the rear 1” bigger rotors gives a slightly better performance as the old setup.
I like the Eradispeed rotors more for the looks too.

When I got the parts on the car, I give an update.
Old 06-11-2019   #4
FU

I really like the idea of more brake bias to the rear. Does the rear Eradispeeds use the stock parking brake ?

Edit : upon looking into the link I have these on my car both front and rear.

NCM Lifetime member # 982
Registry Founding # 237

Last edited by FU; 06-11-2019 at 08:03 PM.
FU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019   #5
Jitse

Hi Frank,

With the 13” Eradispeed rotors with original brake calliper/ with parking brake following the template from the Baer website they fit with about .50” clearance.

Nice you have them already on your car. Are you using different brake pads?
Baer has a setup for the rear like Goldcyclon mentioning with parking brake solution, but then it’s going to cost a lot more.Starts from 2450$. + tax and shipping to The Netherlands which makes it near 3100€.
Old 06-12-2019   #6
GOLDCYLON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jitse View Post
Thanks for your reply.
I decided after checking with templates from the website from Baer, to buy the Eradispeed rotors in 13” front Mfr#2301012 and 13” rear Mfr # 2302041.
Hawk HPS brake pads Mfr# HB105F.6 for front callipers ( Baer Alcon Pro calipers)
Hawk HPS brake pads Mfr# HB112F-540 for the rear original callipers.

I didn’t want to spend more bucks at the moment, going to the EradiSpeed rotors, hawk hps pads and in the rear 1” bigger rotors gives a slightly better performance as the old setup.
I like the Eradispeed rotors more for the looks too.

When I got the parts on the car, I give an update.

Truth be told I like the looks of the Eradispeeds as well.

Here is a link of what I went through to get the rears to work with wilwoods

http://www.zr1.net/forum/showthread....light=wilwoods
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V

Last edited by GOLDCYLON; 06-12-2019 at 10:46 AM.
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019   #7
FU

Hi Jitse, The 13" Eradispeed's with C5 brakes in the front and it's very tight . I have the A mold rims and they are a little bigger than the 90-93 rims also.

Registry Founding # 237
Old 06-14-2019   #8
USAZR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FU View Post
The 13" Eradispeed's with C5 brakes in the front and it's very tight . I have the A mold rims and they are a little bigger than the 90-93 rims also.
Frank, what brake set-up is on your car, that uses C5/C6 calipers?
1994 ZR-1 White/Red #152 (sold)
1991 ZR-1 Callaway Aerobody #1332 (sold)
1990 ZR-1 Red/Red #952 (sold)
2002 Z06 Torch Red/Mod Red widebody
USAZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019   #9
FU

The change to C5 Eradispeed brakes with bias spring gives decent stopping power that is a step up from stock performance at a modest price. Exactly what I was looking for.

Registry Founding # 237