ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 03-16-2020   #31

Default Re: Mountain Run 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
Make your plans now for Mountain Run 8 – three days of driving on the mountain roads of northeast Georgia, western North Carolina, and eastern Tennessee. The first day’s run will be on Sunday, May 10, 2020. At the conclusion of MR8 all participants are encouraged to caravan to Bowling Green, KY for the annual C4 Gathering, arriving Wednesday in time for pizza & beer at the University Plaza Holiday Inn.

Click MR8 INFO for a PDF file with complete information that you can save/print.

IMPORTANT - Two things you need to do to participate in MR8 –
• Make your room reservation at the Dillsboro Best Western ASAP
• Email or PM me that you will be attending and your arrival/departure date

We have a group rate for Sun-Wed at the Best Western Plus River Escape Inn & Suites in Dillsboro, NC. Riverside rooms are $129.99 per night plus taxes and includes breakfast - Non-Riverside rooms are $105.99 per night plus taxes and includes breakfast. Rooms for Saturday night are NOT available in the immediate area but we are working on a hotel list and will provide that information ASAP for those planning to arrive early.

Reservations can be made by calling the hotel directly at 828-586-6060 and specifying the Mountain Run 8 Corvette room block to the front desk agent who answers. It is important that you choose option “0” for the front desk if you should get the greeting message.
-OR-
For those who prefer to reserve online, click MR8 HOTEL RESERVATION

I strongly urge you to make your reservations now to avoid disappointment later. If your plans should change and you cannot attend MR8 you can cancel your reservation no later than May 9, 2020 at 4:00 PM.

Check this thread frequently for updates/additional information. All participants will receive regular email updates so it is important that you provide me with your contact information.
I just received notice that the gathering at NCM for the 30th anniversary has been canceled, therefore I also cancelling this also. I was really looking forward to meeting everyone but since I was only joining the group in the 12th (wedding anniversary on the 11th and Mother’s Day on the 10th) I was primarily going to join the caravan to Bowling Green. It is an unfortunate turn of events. Be safe!
1991 BLK/BLK #2019
9157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020   #32
MRCFOUR

Quote:
Current count

Sat. nite cookout - 36

Sun tour - 40 Vettes

Mon tour - 44 Vettes

Tue tour - 48 Vettes

Wed caravan to BG - 17 Vettes

still time to sign up

Gunny, are we still doing this now that the NCM has cancelled the Gathering?

Sent from my iPad using ZR-1 Net Registry
1991 #614 Black/Saddle - still in rebuild stage since 2021

1992 Coupe Base White/White - ZF6 and a bunch of other modified stuff

1990 Convertible Black/Black/Black - slightly modified

1992 Coupe Black Rose - in and out
1993 Coupe Black Rose - also in and out
MRCFOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020   #33
Gunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRCFOUR View Post
Gunny, are we still doing this now that the NCM has cancelled the Gathering?
I also received the email notification of the cancellation. NCM's decision to cancel the C4 Gathering (with agreement from the ZR-1 Registry and the Grand Sport Registry) does change the dynamics of MR8. The big unknown is how long the health threat will exist and that makes planning very difficult.

I plan to email all MR8 registrants in the next day or two as we determine the next step. Apologies for a non-answer at this time but we're not under the pressure of a deadline since reservations at the Dillsboro hotel can be cancelled without penalty prior to May 9. Whatever the final decision is will be handled via email to the MR8 registrants but will also be posted here.
Founding Member #14
www.zrwon.com
Gunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020   #34
Gunny

MR8 IS CANCELLED

we're looking into alternate dates for late summer or early fall; otherwise, the next Mountain Run will be in May 2021.
Old 03-24-2020   #35
LarryMow

Although Dad and I were not gonna be able to make it this year, cancelling MR8 certainly seems like the wise thing to do in light of whats going on. I know I (as well as everyone else) appreciates the hard work that you and everyone involved puts into organizing this. It sucks that it has to happen, but everyones health has to come first. Besides, you cant enjoy MR being sick in a hospital bed or worse. Gunny, thank you for everything you and the crew have done......looking forward to see any future updates/changes/plans/rescheduling.
LarryMow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020   #36
efnfast

I'm gonna miss seeing the friends I only get see at this event.
efnfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020   #37
Gunny

interesting update ...

Yesterday, we drove up to our north GA mountain home for the weekend. Since we're so close to Highlands, NC we usually stop by to see friends ... not now, tho. Earlier this week Highlands had their first virus case - someone visiting from NY tested positive. The mayor issued a proclamation shutting down all hotels, motels, & rentals plus checkpoints are now posted at all entrances to Highlands. If you don't live or work there, you can't get in - visitors & travelers are turned away.
Old 03-28-2020   #38
efnfast

It's gonna get bad. They are hoping we hit the worst in a month. That means in two months we're back to where we are now. If the worst is in two months.....
efnfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020   #39
Gunny

another update ...
earlier today K & I drove to Cullowhee,NC for some sightseeing & a picnic lunch on the Tuckaseegee River (about 45 miles from our mtn. home in GA). The most direct route was through Highlands, closed to the public, so we went another way without any issues. However, while in NC we learned that the state was effectively locking down much of the state beginning tomorrow - no more mountain road excursions for awhile. I can't even begin to imagine the effect this will have on daily routines, commerce, and more.
Old 03-29-2020   #40
RussMcB

Quote:
I can't even begin to imagine the effect this will have on daily routines, commerce, and more.
I'm with you on that one. I can barely imagine anyone not affected by COV-19. Some people only have minor inconveniences, and other people's lives pretty much ruined, or set back to square one.

Hope everyone here is doing well and we'll get together in 2021. Ha! My ZR-1 is for sale but probably won't sell before May, 2021 (and that's not a terrible thing). :-)
Russ McBride, [COLOR="Red"]Car Sold 8/2020[/COLOR] #1635, Marietta, GA USA, 1991 ZR-1, #766 (bought 1/1/2015)
MS3-Pro, OBX, SW X-Pipe, Borla, Hurst, SLP, Goodyear F1 GS-D3, Kenwood. HOTB 2016Q3
[IMG]http://zr1.net/forum/picture.php?albumid=316&pictureid=2873[/IMG] [IMG]http://zr1.net/forum/picture.php?albumid=336&pictureid=2985[/IMG]
RussMcB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mountain run, mr8