ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1s and ZR-1 Parts For Sale/Wanted

Old 01-07-2014   #1
efnfast

Default Carter, new part,I think.

Hey Carter, I eliminated my TB coolant. I'm looking for something to plug the small line with. Dynomite has a nice shot of bling on his car. Just below the radiator tank, you can see he eliminated the tb coolant line and had to piece together a plug for the line. I'm looking for a one piece plug, maybe you already have something, I can't find anything anywhere. -Steve
efnfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014   #2
carter200

Default Re: Carter, new part,I think.

Yea, I have seen many people do the conversion but not much eye apeal. I can machine you something that'll look cool but need specs. Wonder if anyone else would be interested in have a cool termination to that hose? Let me know what you need

LT5 Reg# 868 *RIP*
ZR1NET Founding Mem #155
carter200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014   #3
Dynomite

Quote:
Originally Posted by carter200 View Post
Yea, I have seen many people do the conversion but not much eye apeal. I can machine you something that'll look cool but need specs. Wonder if anyone else would be interested in have a cool termination to that hose? Let me know what you need
Here we go again

Carter will AWAYS machine something better I can guarantee it.
What I have now is just a brass nipple that fits inside that rubber hose end with a brass cap on it. I am thinking it was a 3/8 inch brass nipple with a 3/8 inch male thread and a 3/8 inch cap screwed on.

His best yet is the fuel line bracket with 91 engraved and painted in red on one end and 87 on the other end (so I know what chip I have in ECM).....second best is his Oil filter aluminum slip on cover......

Carter is soooooo good at this Bling stuff it is unbelievable

Last edited by Dynomite; 02-05-2014 at 12:47 PM.
Dynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014   #4
efnfast

The od of the hose is about 11/16th. Not sure of the id. I used a piece of 3/8" round stock and a heat shrink. The round stock is loose, but worked ok. I'm thinking something with a rounded head that would be the od of the hose. So, 11/16th od, with rounded off head, or something machined, and about a 3/8th" stem and some sort of barb to hold it in place. I can cut off the end of my hose with the round stock in it, I hate the way it looks, send it to you and see what you can come up with.
I bring this up in the general forum thinking others that have eliminated their tb coolant may be interested, or have a better idea.
Old 01-07-2014   #5
Dynomite

Quote:
Originally Posted by efnfast View Post
The od of the hose is about 11/16th. Not sure of the id. I used a piece of 3/8" round stock and a heat shrink. The round stock is loose, but worked ok. I'm thinking something with a rounded head that would be the od of the hose. So, 11/16th od, with rounded off head, or something machined, and about a 3/8th" stem and some sort of barb to hold it in place. I can cut off the end of my hose with the round stock in it, I hate the way it looks, send it to you and see what you can come up with.
I bring this up in the general forum thinking others that have eliminated their tb coolant may be interested, or have a better idea.
Forgot to mention.....count me in
I will take a look and think of something interesting for engraving.........Maybe "COOL"

I left about 2 inches of rubber hose on mine just in case my experiment did not work first try.
I will take a close up shot now for ya.....and size the hose and Carter will come up with something I am positive.
The ID of the hose is 3/8 inch fitting on a 3/8 OD Pipe nipple.

Last edited by Dynomite; 02-05-2014 at 12:50 PM.
Dynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014   #6
efnfast

Sorry Cliff, didn't mean to pick on your solution. If there is nothing commercially available, Carter MUST be able to knock something out. I bet he could even carve LT-5 or something in it.
Old 01-07-2014   #7
carter200

Dynomite,
Thanks for the kind words. You're gonna make me blush .

Steve,
Go ahead and send me what you have and I'll come up with a cool alternative that will be economical, too.

Anyone else have some idea on what they need made just post up and let's see what can be done. You guys are great and thanks for the support.......

LT5 Reg# 868 *RIP*
ZR1NET Founding Mem #155
Old 01-07-2014   #8
carter200

Quote:
Sorry Cliff, didn't mean to pick on your solution. If there is nothing commercially available, Carter MUST be able to knock something out. I bet he could even carve LT-5 or something in it.
That's the spirit! I bet I could engrave the ZR-1 splash on it, too......

LT5 Reg# 868 *RIP*
ZR1NET Founding Mem #155
Old 01-07-2014   #9
efnfast

I'll just cut off the end of the hose with the round stock and heat shrink in tact. Same address I've used before?
Old 01-07-2014   #10
carter200

Quote:
I'll just cut off the end of the hose with the round stock and heat shrink in tact. Same address I've used before?
Yea, in Texas.....

LT5 Reg# 868 *RIP*
ZR1NET Founding Mem #155