ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 Members' Rides

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2018   #31
-=Jeff=-

Default Re: Project progress.... 92'ZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by zr1assassin View Post
Lol you would think people would be responsible for their own actions...but in 2018 it is a very real concern! I don't say these things flippantly, I've had experience unfortunately in exactly this situation. I used to cut brake brackets for all the Viper guys when I have my Viper.... not anymore
so you physically cut their brackets? then yes you are liable.. So going by that, saying you cannot share dimensions.. is just like sharing different injector sizes.. Oh, I put #24 lbs in modded my tune and my car burned down.. must be the fault of whomever told me it was ok to run 24#....

Same with porting, same with everything going by sharing info and not physical parts.

Now maybe I would agree if you had specific CAD drawings that you posted..
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051
Watson Headers (2" Primary) - 3" Magnaflow Bullet cats - LT4 Catback
Late Model IH - Plenum
Coilovers - 4.10s
Custom Interior
NCM Lifetime Member #978
Old 11-11-2018   #32
zr1assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Jeff=- View Post
so you physically cut their brackets? then yes you are liable.. So going by that, saying you cannot share dimensions.. is just like sharing different injector sizes.. Oh, I put #24 lbs in modded my tune and my car burned down.. must be the fault of whomever told me it was ok to run 24#....

Same with porting, same with everything going by sharing info and not physical parts.

Now maybe I would agree if you had specific CAD drawings that you posted..
Fair enough, I wont expect any further interaction with me on your part. I can respect your opinion and decision on this
Old 11-11-2018   #33
-=Jeff=-

Well, I will offer my suggestion and advice on issues if/ when you have them.

I was just pointing out that you said you cut brackets, which was physical. While part of me was interested in your set-up, as many were. From what I understand you made your own brackets. So I would not want the specific info from you anyway, as yours is a 1 off setup on a car not really tested so who knows the safety of it.

The turn off or where we might think you are just here to get info and not share is you would say nothing about your set-up. I was curious in the mechanism of mounting, nothing beyond that, meaning were they direct bolt on or were they mounted with adapters.

You saved money, great. I did a similar thing with coil overs and I posted pictures. I had some custom parts made to run universal coil overs on my car. I never sold them or gave dimensions, but I showed pictures..

No hard feelings, I was just trying to understand your perspective. I think the more I type and we converse the more I understand the not wanting to share details.. but then if you said, yeah I made a custom bracket, then we get an idea of work involved and this might have not spun this far.

Good luck with the injectors (I still run stock sizes)
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051
Watson Headers (2" Primary) - 3" Magnaflow Bullet cats - LT4 Catback
Late Model IH - Plenum
Coilovers - 4.10s
Custom Interior
NCM Lifetime Member #978
Old 11-28-2018   #34
Meanmyz

Quote:
Wanted to give you guys a look at how the progress is coming along. So far have done B&B exhaust, headers, Wheels, calipers, rotors and coilovers. Now we start on the go fast phase 😁😁😁

"HULK" is coming along nicely

Beautiful. She does look sweet.
Old 12-03-2018   #35
spork2367

Quote:
Nope, keeping that info for myself 😉. I chose this setup because I wanted to be the only one that had it.
Now I lay me down to sleep
I pray thee Lord my soul to keep
And if I die before I wake
I pray thee Lord my toys to break
So none of the other kids can use 'em
Amen

- Shel Silverstein

Quote:
No. I share almost everything I do, I just decided to keep this one bit of information to myself.😁 I don't see the harm in that
Certainly your choice, but doesn't make you seem like any less of a d*ck.

Quote:
If you must know my reasoning behind it is more of a safety/liability issue than anything else, that's why I don't make them and sell them
So why didn't you say that from the beginning? This sounds like you totally changing your tune.

Quote:
Lol you would think people would be responsible for their own actions...but in 2018 it is a very real concern! I don't say these things flippantly, I've had experience unfortunately in exactly this situation. I used to cut brake brackets for all the Viper guys when I have my Viper.... not anymore
Totally different situations, making something, versus sharing how you made it, or even sharing a dimensioned print for that matter. I own my own CNC machine shop and build/sell firearms, so I'm VERY aware of liability issues.

I've made hundreds of custom car components for other people. I've also redesigned dozens of Toyota drivetrain components over the years and because I wasn't interested in producing them in large scale, gave others my CAD files in the interest of sharing.

One big name company (in the Toyota aftermarket) took my design and had it produced in China...lol.

If you don't want to share any information, a forum based around sharing information might not be the place to hang out...
Old 12-03-2018   #36
zr1assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by spork2367 View Post
Now I lay me down to sleep
I pray thee Lord my soul to keep
And if I die before I wake
I pray thee Lord my toys to break
So none of the other kids can use 'em
Amen

- Shel Silverstein

Certainly your choice, but doesn't make you seem like any less of a d*ck.

So why didn't you say that from the beginning? This sounds like you totally changing your tune.

Totally different situations, making something, versus sharing how you made it, or even sharing a dimensioned print for that matter. I own my own CNC machine shop and build/sell firearms, so I'm VERY aware of liability issues.

I've made hundreds of custom car components for other people. I've also redesigned dozens of Toyota drivetrain components over the years and because I wasn't interested in producing them in large scale, gave others my CAD files in the interest of sharing.

One big name company (in the Toyota aftermarket) took my design and had it produced in China...lol.

If you don't want to share any information, a forum based around sharing information might not be the place to hang out...

And.....?? What's your point? You just felt like the world needed to hear your asinine opinion? Thanks for sharing😉
When you get done blessing us with your infinite wisdom why dont you shoot on over to the store and pick up a membership and "actually" contribute ..... jackass
Old 12-03-2018   #37
spork2367

Quote:
And.....?? What's your point? You just felt like the world needed to hear your asinine opinion? Thanks for sharing😉
When you get done blessing us with your infinite wisdom why dont you shoot on over to the store and pick up a membership and "actually" contribute ..... jackass
Seriously? You were on here a year before me... I've been a member since 2013, minus like 1 year. I've contributed plenty. I've sold members hard to find parts when they needed them, posted links to hard to find items, etc.

You're the big contributor because you want to show pictures and share no details? 90% of your posts are you asking questions and getting information from others. That's the opposite of a contribution.

If you don't want to post details because you're selfish and you want to be special, why share pictures at all.

If you think it's a liability issue (which isn't what you said the first time at all), you're wrong, but why not lead with that comment.

I don't think anyone cares that much other than that you're being kind of petty and obnoxious, and multiple people weren't sure why.
Old 12-03-2018   #38
zr1assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by spork2367 View Post
Seriously? You were on here a year before me... I've been a member since 2013, minus like 1 year. I've contributed plenty. I've sold members hard to find parts when they needed them, posted links to hard to find items, etc.

You're the big contributor because you want to show pictures and share no details? 90% of your posts are you asking questions and getting information from others. That's the opposite of a contribution.

If you don't want to post details because you're selfish and you want to be special, why share pictures at all.

If you think it's a liability issue (which isn't what you said the first time at all), you're wrong, but why not lead with that comment.

I don't think anyone cares that much other than that you're being kind of petty and obnoxious, and multiple people weren't sure why.
you chose to comment on this, you could have just moved along, which you probably should have done. No one including me gives a **** about your opinion. If you don't like something in a post you do have the option to move on without commenting, I suggest you exercise it more often. It's kind of creepy how you've been stalking all my post, get a life man. I don't want to interact with you and I'm assuming the same goes the other way... so let's just do that😉
Old 12-03-2018   #39
XfireZ51

Gentlemen,

I think we ought to take personality issues out of this discussion or I’ll close the thread.
1984 Corvette Z-51/4+3 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Aqua/Gray #474 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Black Rose/Cognac #458
2014 Honda VFR Interceptor DX
Old 12-03-2018   #40
zr1assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by XfireZ51 View Post
Gentlemen,

I think we ought to take personality issues out of this discussion or I’ll close the thread.
CLOSE IT! I'm sick of listening to whining cry babies
Closed Thread