ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > General > ZR-1 Net Registry Club News

Old 12-30-2010   #11
DDSLT5

Default Re: October HOTB

Quote:
Originally Posted by FU2 View Post
It sure was Kurt.Thanks D for all the hard work you put in over the past few years on the paper , it's much appreciated.
Thanks Frankie!!!! Always a stand up gentleman from LI - a tribute to our club indeed! I guarantee that Frank's presence on the board of the Club will result in some positive effects for the general membership. Thanks for taking the time out of your busy schedule to devote a little time to the club.
DDSLT5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010   #12
Aurora40

Geez, tough room! It wasn't the best newsletter ever, but how could it be without having people submit the best articles ever? It seems the Editor has the most visible job and takes the most abuse over their execution of it. I can't ever recall seeing meeting minutes in a newsletter, we have only rarely gotten financial statements. No one seems to care too much. But don't publish a newsletter on time, or full of awesomeness, and people are out for blood.

Anyway, thanks Dwight and Kurt for stepping up and filling in the newsletter with articles (and as always, Marc H). And also Ron, who always has a new "President's Message" for each issue.
Former owner of #2517

[IMG]http://a.random-image.net/aurora40/vette.jpg[/img]

Last edited by Aurora40; 12-30-2010 at 09:16 AM.
Aurora40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011   #13
Rex Ruby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora40 View Post
Geez, tough room! It wasn't the best newsletter ever, but how could it be without having people submit the best articles ever? It seems the Editor has the most visible job and takes the most abuse over their execution of it. I can't ever recall seeing meeting minutes in a newsletter, we have only rarely gotten financial statements. No one seems to care too much. But don't publish a newsletter on time, or full of awesomeness, and people are out for blood.

Anyway, thanks Dwight and Kurt for stepping up and filling in the newsletter with articles (and as always, Marc H). And also Ron, who always has a new "President's Message" for each issue.
Couldn't have said it better myself.
It IS a thankless job, thanks Dwight for your years of HOTB editor

'93 Ruby Coupe ZF6 - Muffler eliminators, Blink Blink kit and Polished ZR1 Wheels
* PA Plate: OBSSSN

'06 LeMans Blue C6 Coupe - Corsa exhaust
* PA Plate: OBSSSV

ZR1 Net Registry Founding Member #153
40th Anniversary Registry Member
NCM Family Membership #8116
Corvette Forum NE Events Coordinator
Delco Cruisers Board of Directors
SAVE THE WAVE!
Rex Ruby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011   #14
GOLDCYLON

Thumbs up Re: October HOTB Awesome !

I received my hard copy a couple of weeks ago and I have to say it was one of the best I had seen in a while. Who in heck is not interested in racing and is also driving a ZR-1? I thought the Chumpvette article was very well written, documented and a damn great story about folks who share the same interests and took the time to compete in a pretty awesome race. Was it a Zr-1 no, but it was driven by ZR-1 owners. I would love to see the video if it is available. Just my humble opinion. Dwight great job, very damn well done!!
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V

Last edited by GOLDCYLON; 02-05-2011 at 03:18 PM.
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011   #15
VetteMed

I wonder why I'm not receiving any more issues?? I'm paid up...
VetteMed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011   #16
DDSLT5

Hey Guys - thanks for the kind words regarding the latest issue of HOTB - it really feels good to hear the good reviews for the issue! For those of you who took the time to thank me via PM - you have no idea how much that means to me! Same to those who paid compliments in this thread - it really is a great thing to hear such nice comments from such close friends. The club is and always has been about the people, and you guys have proven it here in this thread!

As for the next issue - please give the new editor some slack fellas - I'm sure he is working on it, and it will be a blockbuster - I know he had lots of great ideas, and the first issue is always the most difficult. Lastly - don't be afraid to send in those articles - we all want learn about you, your ride (ZR-1 or not) and where you call home (USA and everywhere else). Tell us your story!!
DDSLT5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011   #17
QB93Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by VetteMed View Post
I wonder why I'm not receiving any more issues?? I'm paid up...
I just sent you a PM about this.

Jim

1990 Black ZR-1 - sold
1993 Quasar Blue ZR-1
1994 Competition Yellow ZR-1
1995 Dark Purple ZR-1

Maryland State Coordinator
WAZOO Member
QB93Z is offline   Reply With Quote