ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Racing > Professional Motor Sports

Old 05-26-2009   #1
flyin ryan

Smile Good Weekend

I had a good weekend & didn't leave home. I had a bunch of my customers out racing at various track's this past weekend. One of the better performances, for me, was at the NHRA Division 6 point's race in Mision B.C. where one of my main Competition Eliminator customers Qualifier #1. Comp. is know as a H.P. class, need it to be successful, so for him to do well looks good on myself. It's nice when a customer can take your work & run with it. He runs a 2004 Cavalier in C/SMA. Minimum weight going down the track is 2865 LBS., he runs a 355 cube Small Block with only one (1) 850 carb (all your allowed) & no power adders (naturally asperated). Best run was 8.12 E.T. @ 164 MPH. Best part is there is a better bullet in the trailer i just finished a couple weeks ago, well over 900+ H.P., can't wait to see that . Next race for him is June 12-14 in Spokane.
Old 05-26-2009   #2
Hammer

Talking Re: Good Weekend

That sounds killer. What class will your ZR-1 run in?
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][I]2015 ZL1 [/I][I]Camaro #1121 BLACK/BLACK 6 SPD (540 RWHP)[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]
[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1]1991 ZR-1 #458 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK 72[/COLOR]k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])
1991 ZR-1 #473 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK [/COLOR]37k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009   #3
tomtom72

Default Re: Good Weekend

You should be proud!

Tom
1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
tomtom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009   #4
flyin ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom72 View Post
You should be proud!

Tom
I am, actually, Thanks Tom. Lot's of work though, they really eat the hours . The NHRA national record is 8.11 E.T. & they ran 8.12 E.T. first time out so it definatly turned some heads. I told them if they put the 'Good Bullet' in & catch some good air right now or in the Fall, they could be the first C/SMA car in the 7's! That would be wicked .
Old 05-27-2009   #5
flyin ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
What class will your ZR-1 run in?
Won't be the fastest oil change class . (Inside joke)
Old 05-28-2009   #6
tomtom72

Holy smokes Ryan! Those are some kind of nasty bullets you built for those guys! To run 0.01 off a class record the first time out is the nuts! Yea, I'll bet some heads got whiplash they swiveled 'round so fast!

Damn man, you should be proud! That is some kind of HP/cu.in.

Okay I repeat myself, but I'm senile....I think?
1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
Old 05-28-2009   #7
flyin ryan

Quote:

Damn man, you should be proud! That is some kind of HP/cu.in.

Okay I repeat myself, but I'm senile....I think?
That's O.K., i never get tired of hearing it . Obviously this isn't the best place place to be talking about this stuff, just thought i'd share it with you guys, but it made lots of noise in the NHRA Comp. Elim. world.
Old 05-29-2009   #8
tomtom72

Hey Ryan, thanks for sharing these tid bits with us!

I thought that this section was Professional Motor Sports....I dare say that you qualify to be sharing the results of your creativity with us here. I would like to hear how your guys make out as the season unfolds.

Old 05-29-2009   #9
flyin ryan

Quote:
Hey Ryan, thanks for sharing these tid bits with us!

I thought that this section was Professional Motor Sports....I dare say that you qualify to be sharing the results of your creativity with us here. I would like to hear how your guys make out as the season unfolds.

Well I wasn't really sure about putting it here but...even though they are classed as 'Sportsman', everybody in that world sort of considers themselves 'Pro' racers that don't get paid very good, , LOL.
Old 05-30-2009   #10
tomtom72

Okay, I see your point Ryan. But the small operation deserve the kudos when they earn them, as is the case here...I may have to start paying more attention to drag racing. I used to really like watching the old super stock class and the modified production class and the gas class and those crazy guys that drove the fuel altereds .......yea that's how long it's been since I've been to a drag race meet....